Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Infiltrating Section 31 (Part Two)



Guest Poster: Sloan

Getting the Christmas tree all ready takes some time. I've also got my children their presents. Naturally, they both get a copy of the latest edition of 'The Bumper Book Of Spying'. I've also bought myself a copy as well.

Agent X2 enters the room.

"It's time to go to the alley to see if we have any new recruits, sir."

I sigh.

"Do you think there are going to be any there tonight, X2?" I ask him, "After all, people are going out shopping, not joining subversive organisations like ours at this time of year."

"You may be right, sir." X2 replies, with a hint of sarcasm, "But it never hurts to look does, it?"

X2 is getting far too uppity; I may have him relocated to our Andoran branch.

----------------------------

A few hours later, we are in the alleyway behind Starfleet Headquarters. Santini's Pizza Parlour is next door. I find four characters all dressed in dark outfits; a man with a beard, a young dark haired woman, a Ferengi and a Cardassian.

"Greetings." I say to them, "You may call me Sloan; with me is Agent X2. Come with me please."

----------------------

Shortly, we are in a faceless building nearby.

"Would you care to introduce yourselves to me?" I ask them, "And state your reasons for wanting to join my group."

"I am Qwerty" states the Ferengi, "How many Credits can I make from being with you?"

"You can make lots of Credits if you are a good agent, Qwerty." I reply, "Next...?"

"I am Gul Buket." declares the Cardassian angrily, "I want Starfleet to be run by Section 31, not be the elected officials."

"An excellent reason." I tell him, "That is what Section 31 is all about. Next....?"

"I'm Commander William Riker of the Starship Enterprise" says the man, "I want the opportunity to spy on my boss and eventually be the Captain."

"Very good, Commander Riker, you would be an excellent addition to Section 31. Lastly...?"

The woman stands up.



"I'm err... Counselor Deanna Troi of the Starship Enterprise" she says hesitatingly, "And I'm with Commander Riker; I errr... go where he goes, and believe what he does."

The four of them go into the briefing room; Agent X2 asks me to wait.

"This is a great day for Section 31." X2 tells me with a pleased expression, "We have two highly placed Starfleet staff joining us! They are just in time to take part in the Section 31 Christmas Dinner & Dance."

"That's true, X2" I reply, "But we want to be sure that there are no infiltrators amongst them."

To be continued...

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna might need to work on her cover story a little more.

Anonymous said...

She knows Qwerty's infiltrating too but she can't reveal it... yet. Not without giving herself and Will away.

And then they'd have to go to Lwaxana's anyway.

The worst of all worlds!

Anonymous said...

I think I would like a copy of the Bumper Books of Spying too, hope I'm lucky this Xmas.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, the plot thickens!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

The Section 31 Christmas Dinner & Dance must be great fun. Everyone enjoying the party, eating good food, drinking egg nog, dancing to the music, stabbing each other in the back.

UngaMan said...

oooh... I like Deanna's look...

:: hugges ::

Gyrobo said...

That sounds remarkably like how the Beatles were founded.

Lahdeedah said...

See, you know she shouldn't have gone.

I mean, the black makes her look pale, obviously she didn't find the right base... and when a woman looks pale, it erodes her confidence...she's the weak link...

they are so going to bust her all because of a poor base foundation choice, how awful!

Rob Whatman said...

Lahdeedah,
Do you think Deanna uses 'Star' Base or Max 'Warp' Factor?... Or could it be Lore-eal for that extra-pale android look?

Anonymous said...

That is an interesting look for Troi. Pity she lost her sense of self.

Anonymous said...

Interesting journal you have here, Captain. Can't wait to find out what happens with these folk.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Jon, I think ALL Dinner & Dances are like that.

Ellee, if you're lucky, you might get a copy of 'The Bumper Book of Spying'

Rob & Stella, welcome.

Curmudgeon, we've all seen qwerty's 'type' before!

Anonymous said...

*Groan*

Jen said...

Uh oh, is Troi going to blow it? She's a little whack...

Ooh, the suspense!

Anonymous said...

invite image



Oike Gallery is having a Xmas Auction....
Invites have been sent and some stole... (were you the one that stole one?)
Let us know... please send POV of the Auction by friday

Send RSVP (POV) by Firday

Magdalena said...

wow.. I agree nice look for troy

TX said...

Seven enjoy your visit

Anonymous said...

btw blogroll is acting up so to ping your blog so it shows updated go here

ping

Professor Xavier said...

Sloan? How many crew members do you have?

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Lordy...must have words with Deanna.

Anonymous said...

Oh the intrigue!!! I just hate spying unless i'm the one doing it!

Anonymous said...

Smooth Deanna. Very smooth. I don't think anyone noticed.