Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Recovering From The Party

Every year it's the same thing.

I, and the rest of the crew wake up from the Enterprise Christmas Party with hangovers the size of the great Klingon rock of D'Taghh.

It always seems that we are trying to hold each other up as we stumble through the corridors towards the Bridge. Fortunately, right now, Commander Data is at the helm. If androids could get drunk, I don't know what we'd do.

Bev and I help each other towards the Bridge door. Just as we get there, her body gives up and she slumps to the floor. Right now, I can't do anything to help. When I'm in a state of consiousness, I might be able to do something.

I enter the Bridge and see that Riker is in his seat, but has slid to the floor. Deanna is groaning, holding her head. Data looks round.



"Greetings, Captain." Data says in a seemingly loud voice, "I hope you are all right. I have noticed that many of the Enterprise staff are not functioning at optimum efficiency. When Jenny woke this morning, I asked her how she was but chose to hide her head under the pillow."

"I can understand that, Data" I reply, "Do you think you can turn the volume of your voice down this morning. It seems rather loud."

"I have ran my daily diagnostic." Data declares, "I am perfectly all right. Tou may well be suffering from the after effects of the party."

"You don't say?"  I comment somewhat sarcastically.



"Captain." Worf tells me as he holds his head achingly, "I am receiving a hail from the Borg Cube in orbit."

I groan and accept the hail.



 "Hello, Locutus." the Borg Queen says with a smile. She is still wearing her mini dress from the party and looking like she has a hangover as well..

"What can I do for you?" I ask worryingly.

"I found the party most invigorating." she tells me, "Learning how to do the Hokey Cokey will go into the Hive Mind. I will remember when to put my left foot in and when to shake it all about."

"Indeed." I comment drily.

"But I digress, Locutus." the Borg Queen says, "When I returned to my Cube, I found that the Troi Borg Queen was waiting for me."

This sets my brain to 'wide awake' phase, as my body alarms go off.

"What did she want?" I ask.

"She came to warn me that she and other hardliners are growing in strength." the Queen tells me, "It looks like there could be a problem with the Borg in the coming months. If the Troi Borg Queen gains power and becomes leader, there will be no mercy. The galaxy will be overrun."

"But you're one as well...." I start to say.

"You know nothing of Borg politics, Locutus." she snorts, "Our Leader, the Alpha Borg Queen and I are moderates, as are most of the Queens. However, there are some who are demanding, merciless,clinical action. They are gradually growing. I am warning you of the situation, Locutus. Eventually, we may need to offset the danger...together."

I wince. That news is a real party pooper gem of information.

"It won't be for a while, Locutus." the Queen tells me, "But be warned, it will happen."

With that the screen goes blank. I see that Riker and Deanna have woken, and are looking anxious.

"Let's hope we can celebrate Christmas first." Riker gloomily says.

10 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

I hope it's not a Borg Santa that comes down the chimney Christmas Eve!

Linda said...

Seems to me that the Borg Queen could have waited until after the holidays - and the hangovers! - to break that particular bit of news to everyone!

Just beware of Borgs in Grinch clothing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emi said...

Nothing like taking the fun out of a perfectly good party. The Borg Queen has forgotten her party manners.

Ellee Seymour said...

Sounds like you are going to have a fun Christmas. :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Batgirl said...

Uh... hmmm borg sound pretty bad

Gordon said...

Jean Luc who needs 21st century version of resolve when you get hails like that one.. At least you weren't in your ready room sipping on earl gray this time..
I can see someone's cube dropping off the net... Borg Queen don't worry those transit tubes are dangerous for some...

Gordon said...

Also Jean Luc, 2 of your comments are spam the "......" is weblinks

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Gordon, I have de-spammed myself.