Monday, September 20, 2010

The Borg Queen's Visit (Part One)

I am resting in my Ready Room, drinking a soothing cup of Earl Grey whilst  reading the latest celebrity news in The Galactic Gazette behind some official papers, in case anyone catches me.

Seven of Nine marches in. One human trait she has yet to learn is how to knock.



"Captain Picard." she states in her usual all-too-serious manner, "You will prepare the Enterprise for a visit from the Borg Queen in two hours. She has a matter that she wishes to discuss with you."

"What does she want, Seven?" I enquire, keen to get myself ready for any potential problems.

"She did not inform me." Seven replies, "I was only instructed to tell you so that you couild get the ship ready."  Seven turns around, as if on a pulley and strides back out again.

I roll my eyes at this. The Borg Queen, when we last met, told me that we were lovers when I was assimilated and becvame Locutus of Borg. Though afterwards, I tried to keep this news from Bev, I eventually confessed to Bev, who told me that she had always known, but erased my short term memory years ago.

I hope it's nothing to do with that. I decide to go to SickBay and tell Bev about the impending visit.

"Queenie's coming for a visit!" I tell her, when we are alone, and she is preparing hyposprays.



Bev turns round quickly.

"What does she want?" Bev asks quickly, "Is she trying to get her claws into you again?"

"I don't know." I say, "Although if it were something like that, I thgink she would be more subtle. You ought to be with me when I greet her."

-----------------

Soon after, the Borg Cube has pulled up alongside us. Bev and I wait at the transporter room for the Borg Queen to appear.

When she does, she first looks elated to see me, then disappointed that Bev is with me.



"Hello, Locutus, hello Beverly" she says to us formally, then talks to me, "I had hoped to talk to you in private, Jean-Luc."

"You may speak to me about anything with beverly here, Queenie." I tell her, " She knows all about our relationship on the Cube."

"Indeed?" the Queen says with a smile, "My, Jean-Luc, you are a sly one.". She then gives me an unsubtle sexy wink with her eye. Bev looks annoyed.

"Look, Queenie." Bev tells her, "What DO you want?"

"The matter does not concern Jean-Luc." she answers, "I've had evidence put to me that Seven of Nine may be visiting Unimatrix Zero when regenerating."

5 comments:

Fly Girl said...

Uh Oh! It looks like the Borg Queen does want to sink her claws into Jean-Luc, watch out!

The Curmudgeon said...

But it's not Seven's fault! Can we save her from the Queen's wrath?

Linda said...

Oh dear, things never go right when the Borg Queen visits, do they?

Ellee Seymour said...

I love the name Locutus. It seems like you have your work cut out here.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're all right there! Queenie is a problem!