Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mirror T'Pol (Part Three)

T'Pol is making herself a very unpopular Vulcan around here.

After we retrieved her from an frozen 200 year old Escape Pod that came out of the Mirror Universe, her abrasive attitude isn't fitting in well on the Enterprise.

Seven of Nine has threatened to assimilate her for insulting the Borg. I had to tell Seven to cool off in her alcove. Beverly and Deanna has both being saying she has to go as well.

----

I am with T'Pol, trying to tell her that she must be more tolerant of others, and to watch what she says when Ensign Jennifer Baxter marches up to her.



"What do you think you are doing by insulting Data?" she shouts at T'Pol, pointing her finger directly at her, "Saying that he ought to be put on the scrapheap and you could be taking his place!"

"He's only an android." T'Pol retorts, "I am flesh and blood. Are you saying that this android is your man?"

As T'Pol laughs out loud, Jennifer's fist hits her face.

In a moment, the pair are fighting away on the floor, tearing at each other's hair. Security come and separate them.

It seems like T'Pol is causing trouble; she has been in two fights already.



"Do you want to be in the brig all the time, T'Pol?" I ask her.

"The crew here are far weaker than those in the Terran Empire." she replies, and walks off defiantly.

I sigh and go to my video monitor. Something needs to be done.

----------

I'm talking to Admiral Hollister of Starfleet Command.

"Even if we could return her, Captain Picard." he tells me, "We can't. She's seen too much of this universe and might pass on secrets that might be of an advantage to them. It's all part of the Prime Directive. T'Pol will have to stay in this universe."

I sigh.

"Well, sir." I suggest, "What if we send T'Pol to Vulcan? Surely she would like..."

"Are you serious?" Hollister replies, "Captain, the Vulcans would never accept her. T'Pol is far too disruptive. Vulcan in her universe is far different from this one."

"Then maybe we can place her in a Starbase where she can..."

"Captain," Hollister tells me, "I know you don't want her on the Enterprise, but that is where she is going to have to be placed. There, she can learn about 24th Century life. Give her a job to do. She could be good with helping in Tactics or something like that. You're doing a great job with Seven Of Nine. I don't see why you can't so the same with T'Pol."

I sigh again. I knew it would come to this. It's no use mentioning that she and Seven have already been at loggerheads, and have upset a lot of others. Once an Admiral's mind is made up, it's impossible to change it.

A lot of people are going to be annoyed.

-----

T'Pol is sitting in her quarters, eating a slice of Terran Empire Chocolate that she obtained from a replicator.

"Well Picard?" she asks, "What are the Federation going to do with me?"

I shake her hand.

"Welcome to the Enterprise, T'Pol."

18 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

If nothing else, it'll be an even more attractive starship than before... but better you manage the menagerie that me....

Anonymous said...

How about instead of helping with TACTICS she could help with TIC TACS?

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That Prime Directive seems to be thrown around pretty easily. Imagine trying to return a pair of shoes that don't fit and the clerk refuses to take them because of the Prime Directive.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Geez. Just what no one really needs...

Jean-Luc, I had to come by and say thanks for the kind words you left me today. I appreciate it.

Now, to find out what happens next to T'Pol!

Linda said...

Perhaps you could pair her up with Ensign Britney and see how they get along? Perhaps they could tear each other to shreds in a nice little cat fight!

SpacerGuy said...

I'm not sure who to feel more sorry for, the Enterprise crew or T'pol, but I love her sense of humour!

Tawnya Shields said...

Woo hoo catfight! I guess if she is staying, there are going to be a lot more catfights! :o)~

Is there not some sort of happy pill she can take? She needs help.

Osquer said...

Oh, my goodness! I do need to get caught up on things around here!

Thanks for the visit! Happy International Weblogger's Day!

Gyrobo said...

The only thing missing was the Vulcan Nerve Pinch.

Don't worry, I'll add it mentally.

merlyn said...

most excellent set of stories Captain. I am slowly managing to catch up!

as usual I am rewarded with a great read!

xxxs
merly

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Merlyn, thanks for the comment.

Titania, a lot could do with a Happy Pill on the Enterprise. T'Pol needs a lot of them!

Spacerguy, you're right there.

Linda, that's a horrifying thought!

Susan, thanks for your visit. I liked your blog.

Jon, the Prime Directive is very flexible!

Mrs M, that's a good idea; put her in charge of dispensing those!

Curmudgeon, menagerie is the word!

craziequeen said...

Oh, I think T'Pol would make an excellent assistant for Deanna....whaddyer think, Cap'n?

Michele sent me to see how she's settling in on the Enterprise...

cq

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It doesn't seem to matter whjat century one is in...People are peolle---even andrids, I guess....Some things never change, do they? (lol) Good Luck, Captain!

Michele wishes you good luck, too!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

My ONE FINGER typing is getting worse...LOL...Sorry dear Captain.

dragonflyfilly said...

i feel so "out of it" because of my long abscence!

oh well, give me some time to catch up....

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Dragonflyfilly, welcome back. Glad your computer is running again.

Naomi, I do one finger typing as well, so I know how you feel!

CQ, I can't see T'Pol as an Assistant Counselor!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh..looks like we're not going to see the end of her for awhile :)

Real Life Drama Queen said...

I am glad she is going to be a part of the Enterprise, just for the interesting stories her attitude will provide. Great story!