Monday, May 16, 2011

Sheena, Queen Of The Jungle (Part Three)

Editor's Note:

Sheena, the one year old child of Karena and Wesley has wandered into a mysterious obelisk on a jungle planet named Tarsus VI by accidentally pressing a few buttons. As it is impervious to sensors, the crews of the USS Rhode Island and Enterprise cannot locate where she is. They have left the area, convinced that she has been abducted, and are looking to other parts of the planet. Meanwhile, inside the obelisk, lights continue to bathe little Sheena...



Guest Poster: Sheena

What is happening to me? I feel so very different.



The multicoloured lights that seem to have been flashing away endlessly suddenly come to a stop. What a relief. It's like hitting your head against a brick wall and finding out you will be much better when you stop.

I look down at myself. To my amazement, I've now grown out of my baby clothes. I'm now taller. A lot taller. Also a lot older.

I stand up and find I must be about six foot tall, and probably about seventeen years old. I struggle up and grab my baby clothes. As I remember how my mother dresses, I rip the clothes and cover myself. Now I look like an an amazon. Mom would be proud of me. Not only have I grown up, but I have the intelligence of a seventeen year old.

The door to the outside world has sprang open. Presumably it did so when the flashing lights ended. Now to rejoin my parents. Won't I have a story to tell them! They will probably be quite relieved that they don't have to get up in the middle of the night and sing me a lullaby.



Except there is no one there. Everyone has deserted me. Surely my parents didn't leave me here? I know I've been a bad girl at time, and caused a few sleepless nights, but.....

"The humans are looking for you." says a voice. I mturn round, but all there is is a monkey looking at me.

"Who was that?" I ask quickly.

"It's me, cloth ears!" answers the monkey.

"Someone is doing a good ventriloquism act here." I comment, "Is it you, Commander Hathaway?"

The monkey rolls his eyes. "Look" he says, "When you were in that obelisk, it aged you and also gave you the ability to talk with all animals. That object was placed here centuries ago by a race calleed the Doolittles."



"All right, I'll buy it." I tell the monkey, "I'm Sheena. Who are you anyway?"

"You can call me Mac." he says, "I've got a number of animal pals around here. We could do with some organisation. You won't believe the disputes the various species have. We could do with an independant arbitar who could sort things out. Will you do it, Sheena?"

I consider it.

"Alright, Mac." I answer, "My people are bound to come back sooner or later. Until then, I'd be happy to help."

"That's the spirit!" Mac exclaims, "From now on, you're Queen Of The Jungle!"

To be continued...

3 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

I was indeed surprised. And I am reminded, for some reason, that I really like chamois. Also, I hope that if any of the Doolittles show up, they look more like Samantha Eggar. I could even handle Rex Harrison -- but not Anthony Newley.

Linda said...

Ah yes, the Doolittles, I do believe I've ever heard of them ... I think it was a llama that told me the story long ago!

Unknown said...

And to think LIFE magazine has already come calling! :D