Monday, May 31, 2010

Q & Y (Part Two)

Editors Note:

The universe has been invaded by a being from the Y Continuum, who intends to destroy it completely as it prefers it to be an empty void.  Captain Picard, knowing he cannot win against such a creature has called out for Q to intervene.

------------------

Q

Guest Poster: Q

"Q!" shouts another member of the Continuum to me, "You'll never guess what has happened. Captain Picard needs your help!"

I nearly choke on the drink I ham having with my girlfriend Q.

"I thought I heard something." I mention, "But as Picard has never asked me for anything in the past, I assumed I was mistaken. In fact I was going to arrange an appointment at the Continuum ear clinic."

"Well, it's true."

"In that case, I'd better get down there." I say, "This sort of thing happens rarely."

---------------

The next moment I appear on the Bridge of the Enterprise.

"Greetings mon Capitano!" I say in my usual cheery voice, "What can Q do for you?"

I look at all the Bridge crew, and instead of them looking at me, they all have their eyes affixed to the large video screen behind me. Slowly I look round.



"Oh." I say quietly.

"Q, YOU PATHETIC INDIVIDUAL" Y says to me, "YOUR MISERABLE CONTINUUM SHALL BE ERASED FROM EXISTANCE ALONG WITH THIS UNIVERSE."



"You two know each other then?" Riker comments somewhat sarcastically.

"Yes." I reply, "The Q and Y Continuums have always been opposed to each other. While the Qs are all warm and cuddly like me, the Ys are vicious and nasty. Not the type you want to meet on a dark night...or at all for that matter."

Picard laughs.

"The Q's warm and cuddly?" he comments, "I hardly think so. That Continuum has been more trouble..."

"Compared to the Ys, mon Capitano." I reply, then turn to Y.

"Shall we settle this over a friendly game of poker, Y?" I ask.

"NO." he replies firmly, "EVERYONE KNOWS HOW YOU CHEAT AT CARDS."

"Oh." I say, some what disappointed, "I hope you hadn't heard about that."

"HOWEVER." Y says with a laugh, "WE COULD DO BATTLE. IF YOU WIN I SHALL LEAVE YOU, THIS UNIVERSE AND THE CONTINUUM ALONE. IF I WIN, IT WILL ALL BE DESTROYED."

"That is high stakes." I say, "I suppose I have no choice."

To be continued...

7 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I always love when Q is around

Fly Girl said...

A card cheat? Shame!

Ellee Seymour said...

The stakes don't get much higher than that!

Linda said...

I'm sure that Q is spot on as far as them being warm and cuddly compared to the Y's.

What sort of battle are we talking here? If it's Wits at Ten Paces, I have no doubt Q will emerge victorious!

The Curmudgeon said...

Why, Q... that's rather self-sacrificing on your part... maybe literally....

I'm impressed.

Or I would be if I weren't persuaded you'll cheat at this, somehow, too.

Of course, if your cheating saves the universe this time, I suppose I shan't be too cross....

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You all seem to have Q's style sorted out!

Unknown said...

Ellee is right! Rivalry and striking a balance as Captain!!!! :)