Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Picard Replaced (Part Two)

Editor's Note:

Luthor Sloan, leader of Section 31, the covert division that operates within Starfleet, and answers to nobody has told his Agents J and K that the influence of the secret section is spreading. Carefully placed operatives, including a new Admiral working for them, plus a Commander will ensure that Captain Picard, plus some responsible for the earlier infiltration failure are removed.

-------------

"I haven't heard of this Admiral Nagamura, Number One." I tell Riker, as he, Bev and I go along to the Transporter Room to greet him.

"Apprarent he's just been promoted." Riker replies, "I suppose he wants to look at the Enterprise to get used to his new role."

"Yes, start with the best!" I say, preening slightly, "I always like to show the ship off to these Admirals that come. In another life I might have been a tour guide."

A figure beams in, slightly shoter than the average Admiral.



"Hello Admiral Nagamura." I start, giving my usual welcoming speech, "I'm Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Enterprise, and this is..."

"I know who you are!" he interrupts sharply, "I am here to deliver a formal declaration. As of now, you are relieved as Captain of the Enterprise, and will be replaced."

Suddenly there is a deathly silence from me, Bev and Riker, as if someone has told a blue joke in front of a priest.

"What!" Bev says angrily, "What justification is there for that?"

"It has been noted." Nagamura states officially, "That Captain Picard has not enforced his position correctly, let the ship become lax, has associated with the Borg..."

"Only to protect ourselves." I tell the Admiral.

"Nonetheless." Nakamura says, "You will be demoted and reassigned."



"I don't want to be Captain in these circumstances, Admiral." Riker protests.

"You're being rather presumptious, Commander." Nakamura grins with a smirk, "The new Captain of the Enterprise is beaming in now."

The three of us turn round as the Transporter Room beams in another person.



"Greetings." says Katherine Pulaski, who was former Chief Medical Officer on the Enterprise before she went on a deep-space mission.

Beverly's jaw hits the floor.

"Yes." Pulaski comments with a smile, looking at Bev with a glare, "I've returned to Captain the Enterprise. I so wanted to return here after SOME PERSON sent me on a long mission into the outer reaches of the galaxy on the New Horizon ship."

"Err..." Bev stutters.

"Are you still here, Doctor Crusher?" Pulaski sneers, "Oh, I forgot to tell you that you've been demoted as well. I don't want you two on my ship."

"We're going." I tell her.

"Number One." I tell Riker, "Keep an eye on what she does. Let me know what happens."

As the two of us leave, I hear Pulaski speaking, "There are going to be a few changes on this ship now!"

To be continued...

6 comments:

tikno said...

I like Star Trex film when I was young

The Curmudgeon said...

I never imagined Dr. Pulaski as Section 31 material!

Was it all to get back at Bev?

Captain Erika Hernandez said...

She isn't going to last very long in that position. Someone's bound to mutiny against her.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Curmy, expect the unexpected! It looks like Pulaski has changed sides after the long time in space due to Bev.

Unknown said...

Jean-Luc: Bev's jaw hit the floor...and so did mine! :-0

World of Warcraft Gold Guides said...

good post :)