Sunday, May 25, 2008

Worf Does Stand-Up Comedy (Part One)



Guest Poster: Jadzia Dax

"What's this?" I ask Worf in a puzzled manner. A directive has come addressed to him addressed from the Klingon homeworld. It has been put on the 'to be deleted' section of his computer.

Me, in that curious type Trill mind of mine, couldn't help by taking a sneaky peek.

It reads as follows:

Greetings Worf, son of Mogh,

It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the Klingon Annual Variety Show. Many have expressed great delight in your act. It is still being talked about even now, although it has been some years since you actually attended.

Please agree to coming.

K'Tagh (Variery Organiser)



"Your should not have seen that, Jadzia." Worf tells me firmly, "I was going to delete that in a few moments. I have no intention of going to that event."

"Whyever not?" I ask, "Just what is it you do in this variety act?"

Worf starts to look red, if that is at all possible.

"I err...do stand up comedy." he answers quietly, "Plus I usually finish the routine with a song."

"That's wonderful!" I comment admiringly, "Tell me a joke, Worf."

"I cannot do that so easily." he tells me, "It has to be at the club where the variety goes on. Anyway, it is all irrelevant, as I shall not be going."

"Yes you will, Worf!" I dictate firmly, "I'm going to see Captain Picard. He'll be keen to bring the crew to see you do your routine."

I had never previously heard a Klingon groan and wince. That was what Worf was doing as I took him by the hand and dragged him unwillingly in the direction of the Captain."

-------------

"REALLY?" exclaims Captain Picard in amazement, as I tell him of it all. Beverly Crusher and Deanna Troi, who are in the office with the Captain are trying to keep a straight face. Worf looks extremely irritated.

"How come you never told us of this, Worf?" Deanna enquires, "We would have all loved to hear you on talent night." The others nod.

"I had rather you didn't know." Worf comments.

"Well now we do!" Picard tells him with a smile, "Get some seats near the front of the Klingon theatre for the crew, Mr Worf. We are going to want to hear you."

He summons Data to his office.

"Mr Data, change course for the Klingon homeworld. We have a Variety show to attend."

To be continued...

19 comments:

Bobkat said...

Worf doing stand-up comedy! Now that has to be seen to be believed! I expect the finishing song is Klingon opera though?

Michele sent me to say hi!

Nepharia said...

Worf, you need to ditch Jadiz....she is quite a troublemaker. I would be more than happy to help her quietly disappear.

Gordon said...

Stand up and Klingons who'd have thought and Jadiz if anyone comes around wanting to take you away from it all, don't go, gimme a call, Priority 17 (i know it doesn't exist but I will know it's really a priority 1 alpha and get the in double time) remember to include a photo of the perp.

Amanda said...

LOL! I can't wait to hear what type of jokes his Klingon sense of humor will bring out.

merlyn said...

wow Worf does stand up? This I gotta hear!

Vella said...

I bet it's like saiyan comedy

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You may regret wanting to hear them!

Anonymous said...

Poor Worf

You know I can conjure up Laryngitis for you...

Anonymous said...

perhaps I shall attend

Jaime said...

I'm laughing already!!

Unknown said...

THE KLINGONS! Thanks for the nudge!! I kept thinking about all those plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills who would be set for life with just ONE Klingon patient! :D

Linda said...

Well as long as it's something a little more dignified than "Two Romulans go into a bar ..."!

Poor Worf. But this should be interesting!

John A Hill said...

Any chance for a You Tube clip from the Klingon Homeworld?

Ellee Seymour said...

I wish I could do standup comedy, now that is a real gift.

Ellee Seymour said...

Thank you for my facebook gift, btw, you are thoughtful.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Why do I suddenly feel very sorry for Worf

Jana said...

Something tells me humans (and Trill) might not "get" the Klingon sense of humor...

The Curmudgeon said...

Can't help but think that carnage will be a big theme in Klingon comedy.....

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Well you can see Part Two now, and as Linda thought, there might be a couple of Romulan jokes.