Thursday, March 29, 2007

Journey From Wondawowman (Part Three)

It's been hard keeping out of the way while Deanna and Bev command the ship during Queen Diana and her daughter Princess Nexa's trip from the Amazon planet of Wondawowman.

They are going to Earth to see Princess Karena get a prize from the Academy.

----------

Well we are here now, and are about to beam down; Bev and Deanna are talking to them. The Queen looks at me then hands me her suitcase.

"You may take this down when we visit my daughter." she commands, "Don't speak unless you are spoken to."

I feel the urge to say something, but refrain.

We beam down, and are greeted by Karena and Wes; he is standing behind her as a servant.



"Greetings, mother and greetings sister." says Karena. I notice that she has a sneer in her voice when she addresses her dark-haired sibling.

"Greetings, daughter." replies Queen Diana, "Congratulations on winning your prize."

Nexa says the same, but with a total lack of sincerity, as if she were selling something. She then looks at Wes with a tasty smile.

"I see you still have Wesley Crusher with you as servant, sister." continues Nexa, "If you tire of him, you can pass him to me. Wesley, would you like to join me on Wondawowman? It would be an honour to serve a Princess there."

Wesley looks flustered. It's a relief he doesn't have a ship to save right now; in that state, he wouldn't know where the Bridge was.

"Err...umm...." he starts.

Beverly steps in between them; I hope she is not going to say anything undiplomatic here in defence of her son.

"Though it is a great honour, your Highness." she starts, "My son has vital lessons here at the Academy, and is already honoured by having to serve your sister, the Princess Karena."

Nexa looks disgusted and strides off; at least Queen Diana was happy with it.

We all hear a lot of sounds; the prizegiving is about to begin.

The Admirals gather and announce the prizes. I notice they are for Sports Day.

"We are giving this special Award to the Princess Karena" he starts, "She achieved the remarkable distinction of being First in every Event, such as the Javelin, Discus and Track and Field.. The Princess demanded to go in the male events as well to show she could win and did so. Congratulations."

Karena goes to collect her prize; her mother is pleased, while Nexa utter a few Wondawowmanian curses.

What a relief another ship is taking the Queen and Nexa back! It was a long journey with those two on board. I suspect the other ship will go at Warp Nine if the Captain has any sense.

20 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

It's amazing that Karena and Nexa don't get along -- looking at their pictures, somehow, I would have thought they would get along swimmingly....

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well at least get along at the midnight buffet, right?

smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was bossy and hard to live with!

Jaime said...

Word of the day: Wondawowmanian

Say that fast five times!

Glad you get your ship back, Captain!!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your sense of relief and astute observation at the end of the story! Enjoyable!!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I had some distant relatives from Europe come stay with me. Unfortunately, I couldn't teleport them or myself somewhere else.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Congrats to Karena.

pilgrimchick said...

Gotta love a moment with lots of women biting at each other and Wesley Crusher right in the middle of the action.

susan said...

Ah relief now they've gone eh?

Linda said...

Now that they've gone you can go back to serving as Captain of the Enterprise instead of serving soup!

Gyrobo said...

Yes, their society is extreme, but what was their tax culture like?

Anonymous said...

I sense a cat fight.

eastcoastlife said...

Wondawowman - What a name! Can I have it? hehehe....

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Passes the captain a bottle of wine. He needs it.

cooltopten said...

*Hopes theres a cat fight * :)

Karen said...

Michele sent me over to say... "Greetings" JLP! :+)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Raehan & Cooltopen, there was a cat fight between the two rival sisters in the earlier 'Journey To Wondawowman' story.

Gyrobo, the Wondawowmanian tax culture might be good, but would you want to live on a planet of Amazons where men are servants?

Jaime, it's not an easy word to say!

rashbre said...

Karena may win all the prizes, but Nexa seems to have a First in Attitude.

The ship needs to go through a Waynes World Wibble now to get back on an even course.

And Hiya -Here today from Michele's!

rashbre

Tawnya Shields said...

Warp nine is not fast enough! I'm a woman and I do not care for the catty games. :o)

Unknown said...

Well, the cappy will be happy to have his ship back, that's for sure.