Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Karena At The Hairdressers (Part One)



Guest Poster: Karena

While Wesley Crusher was doing the ironing, the cooking and everything in the Academy apartment we shared, I looked in the mirror. The Academy authorities have ordered that he helps me through my years there.

"Why do men not find me attractive?" I thought to myself, "Do they not think me beautiful. Am I intimidating? Is it because I consider women superior and threaten them with my spear?"

Being an amazonian Princess from the planet Wondawowman has given me fixed ideas of how I should behave towards men. Naturally, they should serve me at cater for all my requests, but unfortunately not all societies adopt this perfectly normal point of view.

I approach Wesley.

"Wesley Crusher, do you not find me attractive and desirable?"

He looks stunned.

"Ahh..err...actually, you are pretty, Karena" he replies haltingly, "But you can be a little intimidating."

Enraged at this insipid reaction, I pick up my spear and walk out of the apartment, slamming the door with full force on the way out and head towards the mall.

I stride through until I see Hana's Hair Emporium, which has the sign underneath 'we look after your locks' underneath.

I go in and prod the receptionist with my spear.

"Is Hana in, I want him...."

"I'm sorry madamioselle." she replies airily, "Monsiour Hana is much too busy to deal with you; I do not believe you have an appointment."

Angrily, I give the receptionist an extra jab with my spear. Fortunately I had it sharpened yesterday.

"He will see me!" I shout, "Otherwise you will be skewed!"

"He is over there, madamoiselle." she tells me hurriedly, pointing to a figure in the corner, "But he is with.."

Not bothering to listen any more, I march over to Hana, a tall man with curly hair and a tiny moustouche. who is working on a client, and prod him in the back.

"You will attend to my hair now, Hana!" I tell him angrily.

"And who might YOU be?" Hana asks, with a snooty air.

"Do you not know who I am?" I ask, "I am the Princess Karena! I have many high-profile contacts and friends in the Academy. Depending on what you answer is now may well decide the fate of your business."

Hana thinks carefully for a few seconds and talks to his client.

"You can come back next week." he tells her, "I have a Princess to look after."

The clent with the soaking wet and half-cut hair leaves the salon and I sit in the seat.

"Now what can I do for you, Madamoiselle?" he ask.

"I want you to make me even more attractive, Hana." I tell him.

"Quite a challenge," he says, "To make beauty even more so."

I smile. I must admit, I like to be complimented by a man; it makes a change from ordering them about.

-------------

Some time later, Hana makes an announcement.

"Madamoiselle." he tells me, "I have finished my work of art."

I look in the mirror.



"You have done an excellent job, Hana." I tell him. He thanks me.

I head back to the apartment. It will be interesting to see what Wesley thinks of my new look.

To be continued...

19 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

Are you trying to make us feel sorry for Wesley?

Anonymous said...

She is a real stunner, lucky space crew :-)

Linda said...

I think that Wesley gets exactly what Wesley deserves! This could be interesting ...

merlyn said...

must be something in the air I recently cut my hair too, though not quite so short as that.

Tawnya Shields said...

I like her with the longer hair. The shorter hair makes her look more intimidating.

Gordon said...

Hmm poor wesley, oh well he's stuck now. I can't see a way for him to get out of this one.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

very cute indeed!

smiles, bee

Unknown said...

It's amazing what a sharpened spear can do!

Anonymous said...

I could have used a sharpened spear the other day when I went, maybe it wouldn't have taken 4 hours!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I think Karena is pretty. Looks tough but pretty.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Hey her new hair style is my old one...Only I wish I looked that good in that costume.

Anonymous said...

Dear Karena, maybe it's the constant presence of the "spear" on or around your person that intimidates everybody. Try making an approach without the spear, you might be surprised by how much less intimidating you are without it. And if you simply can't part with the spear...then dress it up with a pink feather boa or something like that. Love, WW (shield in hand, awaiting your response).

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the well wishes yesterday. I am doing amazingly well today. Woot!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Curmudgeon, you may be right; Wesley isn't too bad off with Karena!

Titania, I must admit I like longer hair as well, though it looks good on Karena.

MOTD, have you tried wearing that sort of costume?

WindWhisperer, I think the spear is virtually attached to Karena, as she is an amazon warrior.

Dari, glad to hear you're so much better.

Anonymous said...

A girl's crowning glory is her pride and joy - wish I had the courage for a complete change.

Professor Xavier said...

Someday Wesley will become a man. Doesn't look like it will be today though.

susan said...

Looks great, wish mine would look that great.

(think I need to be 20 years younger :) )

Mother Jones RN said...

Love the new hair do.

MJ

Debu's Blog said...

gorgeous cutiee...forever

http://qualitytale.blogspot.com
http://indiaonwheel.blogspot.com