Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Through A Mirror, Strictly (Part Two)



Guest Poster: Beverly Crusher

After, Jean-Luc's visit to Gaius IV, I am treating the injured Ro Laren, who has had concussion, due to a rockfall. I get a swift message on my comm from Will Riker that the Captain is acting strangely, and to be careful.

I don't have time to ask him to elaborate as Jean-Luc walks in, looking annoyed.

"Doctor Crusher!" he booms, "Why is no one saluting me on this ship? Have they lost all sense of duty?"

"Jean-Luc?" I ask, "You know people don't ever salute here."

"You are being perilously over-familiar with me, Doctor." he commands, "You will address me as Captain Picard or sir."

"Very well, sir" I say with a touch of sarcasm, and a mock salute.

"One other thing, Doctor." he continues, "Why are you not in your regulation Starfleet medical outfit. That brown dress is not suitable."

"I had put it one for our date tonight at The Sands holographic nightclub." I tell him.

Jean-Luc looks shocked.

"Fraternisation?" he says, "That is banned throughout the entire Federation. Men and women are not allowed to consort in case....certain things happen."

"How are species supposed to exist then?" I ask angily.

"They are raised in laboratories, of course, Doctor." he reminds me, "You of all people should know that. The women in this vessel are showing too much flesh. It is distracting for male crew."
Deanna comes in and asks what the fuss is all about.



Jean-Luc looks as if he is going to faint.

"Why are you showing all this flesh!" he shouts, "I'll have you put in the brig for inciting thoughts into people."

"I was in my evening dress, for the date with Will tonight at The Sands." she explains.

Jean-Luc isn't listening. Instead, he gets a medical blanket, throws it over Deanna and carries her out of SickBay in the direction of the brig. All the time, Deanna is wailing away.

Riker rushes in.

"What's going on, Beverly?" he asks.

"We've got a problem" I tell him, "The Captain Picard we have here isn't the one who went down to Gaius IV. I managed to take a reading as he left with Deanna. He has a different universal signature."

"We need to go back down there and find out what happened." he replies, "The Captain we have here won't be too popular."

To be continued...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Captain Picard, I'm so elighted to read from the sidebar that you have been nominated for these best blooger awrds, very well deserved.

Tawnya Shields said...

Ha,ha,ha! Deanna is really going to start an uprising with that dress of hers. :o)~

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That Picard is definitely from a universe that I wouldn't want to visit. Personally, I like being distracted by good looking women showing a little flesh.

Gordon said...

What a stupid universe the other picard is from why oh why can't they just manage to link up to a universe where the picard in it is remotely nice...

Nepharia said...

Be careful, Beverly, it appears Capt. Picard has turned to the dark side.....

swirly girl said...

But I have heard that the dark side has cookies...

The Mistress of the Dark said...

It's a puritan picard :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

captain, do you think deanna's dress um, doesn't fit her? in other words, her hooters are popping out? just askin'??? now understand, if there was chocolate in here to occupy me i probably would not even have noticed....

smiles, bee

The Curmudgeon said...

It's interesting that in this pseudo-Captain's universe, people are conceived and raised in laboratories and yet look exactly like those that are... acquired in the natural way.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Curmudgeon, a good point of view, which we shall avoid.

Bee, perhaps Deanna's dress is a littler errr...revealing. Perhaps a lot of chocolate will take your mind off it. Remember that she loves chocolate as well.

Swirly Girl, thanks for commenting. You have a good blog.

Darth Nepharia, it looks more like the whiter-than-white side than the dark side.

Jon, I agree with that comment, although I wouldn't call Deanna's dress showing a 'little flesh'.

Titania, that's a naughty comment!

Ellee, thanks for what you said.

SQT said...

No, I don't think this captain is going to be too popular at all...

Anonymous said...

Curmudgeon has a point, but I guess the captain isn't complaining, instead with those plunging necklines.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i'll share my chocolate with her but my boobs are too long and empty to push that far out! they would just droop. ha ha

smiles, bee

Linda said...

Fascinating.

And that dark side has candy - at least that's what I've heard!

Anonymous said...

Just popped by to say HOWDY!

cyouincourt007 said...

Greetings from starfleet command....why aren't you folks saluting....hehehe.....
Im on the edge of my seat....can't wait for the rest of the story Captain

Anonymous said...

Picard needs a martini. Make it a triple.

M. C. Pearson said...

LOL...wow. Yeah, I'd say that was a bit flashy of Deanna. At least he didn't see a Betazoid wedding!

-tnchick- said...

Umm... nice cleavage? LOL