Thursday, May 03, 2007

Karena At The Hairdressers (Part Two)



Guest Poster: Wesley Crusher

I'm alarmed since Karena walked out of the apartment because I only gave her a half-hearted compliment. In truth, even though she orders me about, gets me to do the cooking, washing, cleaning and occasionally prods me with her spear, I will miss the amazonian if she fails to return.

I hear a noise. Karena calls me.

"Wesley, come and take a look."



"I visited Hana's Hair Emporium in the Starfleet Mall." she tells me, "What do you think?"

Instead of long red hair, Karena now has short blonde hair.

"You look absolutely beautiful, Karena." I tell her honestly, "I really like your new look."

She smiles at hearing this, and walks over, kissing me full on the lips.

"Then it is official!" she declares, "We are engaged!"

"Hold on!" I say, "What do you mean we are engaged?"

Karena sighs, and starts to explain, as if she is teaching ABC to a child.

"It is very simple, Wesley." she tells me, "On my planet of Wondawowman, when a woman chooses her Life Servant, she will get a compliment from him, and she kisses him. Then they are engaged to be married. This we have done, and you have been chosen by myself to be my Life Servant."

"But I didn't know that!" I protest.

"Well you do now." Karena tells me with a smile. She kisses me again and tells me to clean the rooms while she has a rest.

-------------

As she does, I get on the videoscreen to Mom on the Enterprise.



I explain the situation to her.

"This is very most worrying, Wes." she tells me.

"Gee, Mom." I say, "Can't you get Captain Picard to do something?"

"No." she replies, "This is a matter between you and Karena; though you got yourself into this unknowingly, it 's up to you to sort it out."

"What do you mean, Mom?"

"Well." Mom tells me, hesitatingly, "Err...do you like her, Wes?"

"Sure, Mom." I reply, "She's a great looking girl, and can be really charming and fun. The only trouble is she she can order me about and prod me with that spear a lot."

"In that case, maybe you ought to go along with the engagement a little." she suggests, "As an engaged couple, she might not order you around so much and be a lot more friendlier. In turn, you and her would get on more. She's a lot better than that predatory sister of hers, Nexa."

"That's true, Mom." I say, "Nexa is always trying to wrest Karena from me. Fortunately, Karena won't let that happen."

"Just be careful what you say to Karena, Wes." Mom says with a smile, "If you say the wrong thing you might get married!"

I leave the videoscreen.

Well what do I do now?

Karena comes back in and looks around the room.

"Beloved." she starts, "Have you not cleaned the rooms yet? Get a move on, otherwise you will feel the end of my newly sharpened spear!"

Is this the life of an engaged couple? Groan!

17 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

At least she now uses tender endearments as she prods Wesley with her spear....

Linda said...

No, this is not the life of an engaged couple - it's more the life of a married couple!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she has got him under her thumb ...

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Linda beat me! That's what I was going to say!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I say marry her and marry her right away, Wes. It's not every day that a good looking princess who likes you comes down the pipe.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love short blonde hair. and chocolate. and big cruise ships. oh, this is not all about me, right? ha ha ha

smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

Captain...where can I get a Wesley Crusher Life Servant of my own? Do I have to be a Wondawoman to obtain one? How can I become a Wondawoman in a speedy way? You're an influential man, can't you make these things happen for me?

Kellyology said...

awwwww...poor Wesley. I never liked him much anyway.;)

Anonymous said...

Better to find out now rather than later.

Jaime said...

Poor Wes...maybe the Traveler has some good advice for him.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a great story going here.
Visiting from Michele's.....

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well I don't know the 'backstory' here at all...BUT, it sounds like life on that Planet is quite different from Earth...! LOL!

Here from Michele today...

The Mistress of the Dark said...

All I can say is...Poor Wes.

Tawnya Shields said...

Woman Power!! :o)~

QUASAR9 said...

On my planet of Wondawowman, when a woman chooses her Life Servant, she will get a compliment from him, and she kisses him. Then they are engaged to be married. This we have done, and you have been chosen by myself to be my Life Servant."

"But I didn't know that!" I protest.


Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. In the not so old days on Earth if a woman let you pick her cherry - you were expected to love her forever and possibly pay child care too.

Us guys on Earth don't know how lucky we are in the 21st C. We get to have our cake with cherry on top, and eat it - and next day pick another cake if we choose

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I hear a lot of "Poor Wes" in the comment, although no one seemed to like him at one stage. I thought some might be envious as Karena is good looking...although she uses that spear a lot!

Unknown said...

I say.. look at her mother. That's what she'll be in ten or twenty years' time.