Sunday, October 07, 2007

Karena & Starfleet Academy (Part One)



Guest Poster: Karena

I must admit, I am getting very annoyed. One does not want to be around when an amazon from the planet Wondawowman gets annoyed, believe me.

While I've been at Starfleet Academy as a Cadet, I have fallen in love with Wesley Crusher, who has been my servant since I arrived, The lecturers told him he should help me start here. Since then, I have chosen him for my Life Servant. I have got engaged with Wesley and plan to marry him, so that he may serve me throughout our lives.

I think something has been blocking my happiness. The Academy officials say that we cannot marry until we both graduate from there. I had never heard this rule before, and suspect it has been made up. Possibly even by Wesley's mother, Beverly, or Captain Picard.

My mother, Queen Diana is pressurising the officials to let us get married. After all, it was her financing that got the 'women only' lecture hall built. Armed guards prevent men entering.

"I still say your mother or the Captain stopped us getting married!" I tell Wesley, as he irons my clothes. He looks guity. It's not a sign to read easily, as he always looks like that.

"No, honeybunch." he replies to me, "Just be patient. We don't need to get married in a hurry. If we love each other, we can wait until later."

I go off in a huff. Wesley always says that to me. It's like hearing one of those old vinyl Earth records of the 20th Century where the needle gets stuck. Except it's not so repetitive as Wesley.

Going through the grounds, I come across Boothby the gardener. I tell him my problem.



"I've heard it all before, Missy." comments Boothby, "Young lovestruck women see the Cadet of their dreams and get blinded by reality."

"But I love him, Mr Boothby!" I cry to him. This is most unseemly. An amazon should not be crying, especially in front of a man.

"Don't worry, Missy." smiles Boothby, "I won't tell anyone you cried in front of me. I know you Amazons need to keep a tough image. Listen. Just keep prodding him with that spear of yours, and the officials. They'll come round."

I head back to my quarters, feeling a little better.

Weasel Wanda, the Academy snoop comes to me.

"I've heard your mother, Queen Diana, has just called on the video screen." she says, "She asks you to call back right away."

I wonder what she wants?

To be continued...


But before you go,

Serina Hope has sent a meme asking a group of people what is on their desktop. Here's mine.... a lovely picture of Nicole Kidman

18 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, another county heard from!
You look mighty familiar to me...weren't you a friend of Xenia's(?) Or maybe you just look a lot like her....I sure would like a "wesley" in my life.. There is a pile of wash that needs ironing right now....!

Michele says "HI"!

Unknown said...

I'm kinda liking this story line about a male life servant...

Anonymous said...

Is Wonderwoman wearing a Wonderbra?

Justice said...

I know your in love but should you rush it?

I mean We girls are only young once

Anonymous said...

I am glad I don't have an GF from wonderwoman

Lavender said...

Whoa Geeze, whats Queenie got up her sleeve....poor Wesley....I think his goose is cooked!

Jen said...

Yes, Wesley does seem to look guilty a lot of the time, doesn't he? I wonder what it means?

Thanks for stopping by my blog while we were on the road, it was so nice to get comments from you!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Jen, a pleasure to comment.

Lavender, you might be right. Prepare to cook the goose!

Hotstuff, are you sure? Many would like an Amazonian girlfriend.

Ellee, ask Karena. I wouldn't.

The Curmudgeon said...

With that picture on your desktop, how do you ever open a program?

Tawnya Shields said...

Watch out for those men in uniform I always say. :o)

Nepharia said...

Hasn't Wesley been in this same predicament some time ago? I guess that's what a wimpy guy like him gets....

M. C. Pearson said...

Poor Amazon princess.

Too funny about Wesley always looking guilty! So true. LOL

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm feeling bad for poor Wesley.

Amanda said...

This storyline has me thinking if I'd really want my husband to be a slave. I'm not sure that I do. It sounds good on the surface, but...

Anonymous said...

That is a quite a desktop. I wondered the same, how you got any work done!

Anonymous said...

wow JP what does Bev say?


(Don't forget to post your question or do the fill in on my blog for the upcoming 100th post :))

Flik Sivrak said...

Poor Wesley, you have to feel sorry for him. It makes me wonder if he got pushed into the whole thing...He should start learning how to stand up for himself.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I must admit, it's tough to leave that image on my Desktop.

As you will have seen from Part Two, Wesley makes a realisation.