Sunday, October 28, 2007

Data's Repair



Guest Poster: Data

At the moment, I am in some distress.

Due to a rather awkward crash-landing of the shuttle, caused by the failure of the retro landing gear, I am slowly making my way to a nearby town on the planet Rhysus III.

I expect the Enterprise to rescue me before long, but I need repairing now. The crash landing damaged my left leg and internal systems. When I performed a Level One Diagnostic upon myself, it informed me that I would go into permanant shutdown if the damage was not repaired very soon.

It is fortunate that I do not have my emotion ship turned on right now, otherwise, I would be in a state of 'high panic', as I believe it is called.

I see that the city is not very advanced. This is a concern, as they may not have the capability to deal with an android with positronic bodily problems.

Then I approach a building that may be able to help me.



Sid walks out into the forecourt. He is the technician who has been able to help the Enterprise out with his unorthodox and 20th Century ways. He recognises me.

"Hello mate." he says, "Gordon Bennett! You look worse for wear, Data my old chum. Let's get you into the Body Repair Shop and see what we can do."

"Thank you, Sid." I reply, "I did a Level One Diagnostic and found that the positronic generator is malfunctioning and requires..."

"Yeah, ok." he says , "Well never mind that, get up on the workbench and let's take a look at you."

I lie down on the bench, and Sid gets a spanner and screwdriver out. He starts tapping my leg, arm, chest and head.

"Yeah, well the watchemacallit has gone for a burton, mate." he informs me, "I might have another on the shelf here."

Sid then unscrews my left leg, removes it, and opens up part of my head.

He taps inside lightly with a hammer. My other leg shoots up in the air.

Sid puts my left leg on the bench, gets a chisel, then a hammer. I hear a loud banging. This concerns me.

"Do you think it is wise to use these implements, Sid?" I ask, "They are delicate parts."

"Don't worry, mate, you're in good hands."

Sid brings the leg over and screws it back on; he then taps inside my head again. This time, my left leg rises.

"I'll just put this fuse inside your head, mate." Sid informs me, "You should be ok now."

I perform a Level One Diagnostic to find that I am functioning perfectly.

"Thank you, Sid." I tell him, "I was unaware you had such a knowledge of positronics. Dr Soong would have been proud of you."

"It's nothing, mate." I tells me, "Just a bit of basic engineering that I picked up in the magazine Junior Engineer."

The Enterprise sends a message saying it will be picking me up in an hour. As I leave, Sid tells me he will forward the bill to Starfleet.

"Parts and labour don't come cheap, mate."

30 comments:

Mykol said...

"Parts and labour don't come cheap"

If there's a trade worker shortage now, I can only imagine in the 24 century.

Linda said...

So much for positronics being an advanced science! Glad to hear it all worked out, though!

Titania Starlight said...

When I saw Sid's sign, I broke out laughing and almost spewed my water. I hope he doesn't soak the Enterprise for too much money.

Inertia said...

Heh! repair services don't change in the 31 st century either.

Gordon said...

Hmmm but how long with this "repair" work, I'm betting not long before the leg starts doing strange stuff or data poor boy starts getting "headaches", the Enterprise better get there quick.

Merlyn Gabriel said...

I guess I'd hide when the bill comes in.

Hope that everything works perfectly and there are no issues later on down the road.

Bilbo said...

Now, Sid is my kind of repairman! If you can't fix it with a hammer and a chisel, it can't be fixed!

Lavender said...

ROFL! Sid must be Aussie - they can fix anything by tying it up with fencing wire and banging on it LOL

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Glad you got yourself put together, Data!

The Curmudgeon said...

Data should strongly consider getting a second opinion about the efficacy of his repairs when he returns to the Enterprise. Otherwise, I'm afraid, the Rule of Unintended Consequences is likely to come into play at critical moment.

DariDonovan said...

I am totally diggin' Sid's sign! Have a great week.

Jana said...

Interesting how quickly he went from "It's nothing" to "parts and labour don't come cheap."

November Rain said...

OH dear didn't you come with a warranty?

you know letting someone else fix you will void the warranty if so...


maybe I should send my fridge and micro to sid

Ellee said...

Let's hope he has done a good job.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think Sid forgot to give Data a warranty.

I put 'Sid's Body Shop' in Google, and that picture came up!

Justice said...

too bad Galen wasnt around I bet he could have fixed you and he wouldnt have charged

Shushan said...

ROTFLOL when I saw the picture of Sid's shop!

"the banging was concerning me.." Yep!

Postscript:: Upon leaving the transporter, Data lapsed into repeated left-sided dose dos until turned off. Once repaired again and rebooted, all returned to normal - until the repair bill was refused by Starfleet's insurance as 10x more than 'usual and customary fees' and forwarded the debt in its entirety to Data.

Riker held a poker tournament to cover the expenses. Which worked out well. They had enough left over to hire a Cardassian mercenary to deliver the payment...um, personally?

;-)

;-)

mrsmogul said...

I heard that Robo Engineer magazineis sweeping the nation and blowing Junior Engineer straight out of the newstands.

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Sid's itemized bill:

Leg part $1.00
Fuse $1.00

Knowing where to hit leg part and put fuse: $1,000,000.00

Lois Grebowski said...

Gone for a burton...what a funny phrase.

:-D)

SHI said...

hope the repairs last

November Rain said...

Hmm... I think you should have some check his work

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Check your head for duct tape, Data.

Black Widow said...

LOL Jon

Vampirella said...

check his math on the bill too

Ellee said...

I hope you are no longer in distress, Captain.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Jon, you're right. Data wouldn't look good with a roll of duct tape round him.

Vampi, these workers always add on a bit as well.

Lois, 'gone for a burton' is a well known British saying which means that it is a write-off.

Tak, a good itemised bill.

Mrs M, I didn't know that; I hope Sid is reading it.

Shushan, glad you dropped in on my invite. An excellent postscript. Please visit again.

susan said...

Excellent post, yep those garage bills will get you every time. Fortunately we live next door to a mechanic, so we are quite well looked after.

Wyn said...

i know this is a late response, but i love data.

changed the fuse, huh? thank goodness he didn't go to a PC technician.. they would have told him to go reboot himself.

poor data. at least he's all better now. Junior Engineer indeed!

~wyn ^_^

Anonymous said...

豆豆聊天室 aio交友愛情館 2008真情寫真 2009真情寫真 aa片免費看 捷克論壇 微風論壇 大眾論壇 plus論壇 080視訊聊天室 情色視訊交友90739 美女交友-成人聊天室 色情小說 做愛成人圖片區 豆豆色情聊天室 080豆豆聊天室 小辣妹影音交友網 台中情人聊天室 桃園星願聊天室 高雄網友聊天室 新中台灣聊天室 中部網友聊天室 嘉義之光聊天室 基隆海岸聊天室 中壢網友聊天室 南台灣聊天室 南部聊坊聊天室 台南不夜城聊天室 南部網友聊天室 屏東網友聊天室 台南網友聊天室 屏東聊坊聊天室 雲林網友聊天室 大學生BBS聊天室 網路學院聊天室 屏東夜語聊天室 孤男寡女聊天室 一網情深聊天室 心靈饗宴聊天室 流星花園聊天室 食色男女色情聊天室 真愛宣言交友聊天室 情人皇朝聊天室 上班族成人聊天室 上班族f1影音視訊聊天室 哈雷視訊聊天室 080影音視訊聊天室 38不夜城聊天室 援交聊天室080 080哈啦聊天室 台北已婚聊天室 已婚廣場聊天室 夢幻家族聊天室 摸摸扣扣同學會聊天室 520情色聊天室 QQ成人交友聊天室 免費視訊網愛聊天室 愛情公寓免費聊天室 拉子性愛聊天室 柔情網友聊天室 哈啦影音交友網 哈啦影音視訊聊天室 櫻井莉亞三點全露寫真集 123上班族聊天室 尋夢園上班族聊天室 成人聊天室上班族 080上班族聊天室 6k聊天室 粉紅豆豆聊天室 080豆豆聊天網 新豆豆聊天室 080聊天室 免費音樂試聽 流行音樂試聽 免費aa片試看A片 免費a長片線上看 色情貼影片 免費a長片 本土成人貼圖站 大台灣情色網 台灣男人幫論壇 A圖網 嘟嘟成人電影網 火辣春夢貼圖網 情色貼圖俱樂部 台灣成人電影 絲襪美腿樂園 18美女貼圖區 柔情聊天網 707網愛聊天室聯盟 台北69色情貼圖區 38女孩情色網 台灣映像館 波波成人情色網站 美女成人貼圖區 無碼貼圖力量 色妹妹性愛貼圖區 日本女優貼圖網 日本美少女貼圖區 亞洲風暴情色貼圖網 哈啦聊天室 美少女自拍貼圖 辣妹成人情色網 台北女孩情色網 辣手貼圖情色網 AV無碼女優影片 男女情色寫真貼圖 a片天使俱樂部 萍水相逢遊戲區 平水相逢遊戲區 免費視訊交友90739 免費視訊聊天 辣妹視訊 - 影音聊天網 080視訊聊天室 日本美女肛交 美女工廠貼圖區 百分百貼圖區 亞洲成人電影情色網 台灣本土自拍貼圖網 麻辣貼圖情色網 好色客成人圖片貼圖區 711成人AV貼圖區 台灣美女貼圖區 筱萱成人論壇 咪咪情色貼圖區 momokoko同學會視訊 kk272視訊 情色文學小站 成人情色貼圖區 嘟嘟成人網 嘟嘟情人色網 - 貼圖區 免費色情a片下載 台灣情色論壇 成人影片分享 免費視訊聊天區 微風 成人 論壇 kiss文學區 taiwankiss文學區