Tuesday, April 10, 2007

400th Post!



Authors Note: This is my 400th post; it all started on 30th April 2005, and ever since then, the Enterprise has been trawling through space encountering all sorts of people and problems.

To celebrate this event, we will have an imaginary story, away from the regular sphere of things.

-----------

On 15th March, I was asked to name five bloggers who I would take along on a desert island. Those I chose were: Ciera Nic Miss Cellania Nurse Ratched and Secret Squirrel

Ciera is a friend who I've really got to know in the time I've had my Journal. Nic is one of my closest blogfriends. She and I must write in tandem as she is celebrating her 400th post as well. Say congrats to her as well!

------------------

In the imaginary story that follows, Captain Picard and the above are stranded on the island....

-----------------

"Well don't look at me" said Secret Squirrel, "I haven't a clue what to do!"

"I thought you might have a few suggestions" I asked her, "You seem a very practical person."

"Hardly!" she replied with a hint of sarcasm. Everyone seemed to be looking towards me.

"You're the Captain." Ciera reminded me, "You are supposed to get us off this island."

I noticed that I had a cut finger; this must have occured when we arrived. I indicated this to Nurse Ratched. She sighed and put a band-aid on it.

"You big baby!" she commented quietly.

I groaned. This wouldn't have happened had Beverly been here with me.

"So what are we going to do?" asked Nic, "We have no food and water. There's hardly going to be a McDonald's here."

"Why not?" replied Miss Cellania with a laugh, "They are everywhere else."

Ciera walked up to me and led me away from the others.

"Look, Jean-Luc" she said quietly, "The rest of the women are looking to you for leadership. You need to give them tasks."

I agreed, and went back to them.

"Ladies." I started, "If we want to get off the island, we are each going to have to work. Nurse Ratched, you will be looking after medical supplies, Squirrel, you will collect any debris or items we need, Nic, you set up camp with anything they pick, Ciera, you can hunt for food, and Miss.."

"Can I be the Morale Officer?" jumped in Miss Cellania, "This duck goes into a bar and..."

"No." I reply quickly, "Perhaps after we've set up camp; you can help Ciera with the hunting."

"What are YOU going to be doing, Captain?" asks Nurse Ratched sharply.

"Err.." I reply, "I shall be overseeing and co-ordinating the operation from a central viewpoint to make sure it has an optimum effect."

"In other words, nothing" says Nic quietly to Ciera. Everybody laughs.

"Just before you go." Miss Cellania pipes up, "Three women apply for a job, a brunette, a redhead and a blonde..."

"Later!" I tell her.

---------

After a few hours, the women start returning.

"I've assessed all the medical equipment we have." says Nurse Ratched, "We have six band-aids and one bandage. Try not to hurt your finger again."

"There are a few planks of wood." Squirrel lets us know, "We might be able to build a small raft, or a good camp. We found an old axe, so we can chop trees as well."

"That looks great." comments Nic, "We should do really well once those trees are chopped."

Why is she looking at me?

Ciera and Miss Cellania run back excitedly.

"There's someone else on this island!" Ciera mentions almost breathlessly.

"Yes" continues Miss Cellania, "It looks like there are Others on the island. A whole group!"

"Where are The Others?" asks Nic.

"I think they heard us." Ciera tells us, "They could be coming this way."

"Stand by to defend yourselves!" I say, "We don't know how hostile they may be."

We hear the forest twigs cracking, and a group of figures emerge from the trees.



Now I KNOW we are Lost!

-----------------------------------------

I'd like to thank everyone who has visited my Journal over the last 400 posts, those who have commented, especially those in my bloglist. Besides the above, they are: Tammy Linda A True Jersey Girl Bernard Chan Better Safe Than Sorry Black Widow Dari Donovan Craziequeen Curmudgeon Darth Nepharia Dragonflyfilly Eastcoastlife Ellee Seymour Empress Bee Erifia Apoc Fickin Chingers Five Minutes For Mom Florence Friday's Child Heather Nicole InterstellarLass Is Anything Truly Random? Jaime H Jana Jen's Horde Jim McKee Jon, Intergalactic Gladiator J Ranae Oneida Kellyology Lady Wyntir Lahdeedah Lois Lane Lori Mimi Meow Merlyn Gabriel Michele Minerva Mistress Of The Dark Mrs Mogul Nettie Nightingale Osquer Padme Amidala Pantha Panthergirl Paperback Writer Petite Anglaise Petroville Professor Xavier Raehan Ribbiticus SciFiChick Shelley Siskenyon Sqt Summer Dawn O'Ciardha Table For Five Susan Tara Lynn Johnson Terminatrix Titania Starlight TNChick Trying To Catch Up Vampirella Windwhisperer

47 comments:

Fab said...

Congratulation, Captain, your 400th! May you boldly go to your 500th and encounter new adventurous beginnings! Keep up the nice stories. A pleasure to read.

Nic said...

My dearest Captain, what an honor to be stranded on an island with you. LOL!

I think we may have been close on celebrating our 200 and 300th posts (respectively) as well. (GMTA)Great minds think alike right?!

You're one of my top 5 blog friends I would be stranded on an island with as well.

Here's to the next 100 posts. Salud - Sliante - Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Captain, Many congratulations on your 400th post, the fact that you have sustained such a high readership over a long time is a testamont to the quality of your site. I know I feel loyal to you and I appreciate your support of my site too.
It won't be long before the 500th post arrives...

Unknown said...

"I shall be overseeing and co-ordinating the operation from a central viewpoint to make sure it has an optimum effect."

I totally plan to use this line at the next available opportunity!

Mother Jones RN said...

I'd love to be stranded on an island with you, Jean-Luc, but don't tell me husband. I'll bring a bottle of wine and the bandaids;-)


Thank you for including me in your story and congrats on your 400th post!

MJ

The Curmudgeon said...

Congratulations, Captain -- looking forward to the next 400....

Lynda said...

Congratulations on 400!! May you have many more posts!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, JLP! You don't look a day over 399 posts! :-)

Miss Cellania said...

Delightful story! And a great punch line. I'm proud to have been part of it. Congratulations on 400 episodes... I mean, posts!

Kellyology said...

Congrats on #400! I'm looking forward to the next 400!

Nightwing said...

Congratulation Jean on getting to the golorious 400th post! Though I do hope you don't get any copyright infringement case on your back, look at all the trouble youtube got because it had "Lost".
Just kidding, but best of luck!

Lori said...

Hey thanks for visiting me, hubby will be jealous I have been visted by Jean-Luc Picard ;)))

I see you over at Bonnie's every once in awhile also .

Blessings.

400 that is a lot of words.....

Anonymous said...

Dear Captain, it has been an honor and a privilege to be on this voyage with you...I look forward to more adventures to come. Congratulations on this personal milestone, and thanks for the acknowledgment. You are in a class all your own in this blogging Universe of ours...

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Maybe Wesley can save you.

Congrats on 400. Here's to 400 more.

Jana said...

Congrats! Thanks for post after post of great entertainment!

Linda said...

Congratulations on this major milestone and I'm sure you're already ahead Warp Factor 8 towards 400 more great posts!

Word of advice, though? Get off that island quickly - very, very quickly!

SQT said...

Happy 400th post!

Tawnya Shields said...

Yay!!! Congrats on your hard work! I enjoyed your story greatly. You are a very talented writer.

Cheers!

Heather said...

Congratulations, oh venerable blogger. :-)

Miss Trashahassee said...

400! 400!

BFF,
Miss T

Chris W. said...

Ah, crap! I didn't make it onto the list?! Ah well...

Good story! And, above all, happy 400th!!

Lahdeedah said...

400?
Wow.

I always think I'll start doing something si Then I come and read your posts, and I think, I don't think I could do that.

Which is why I love your blog so much!

You have a way with words....

....now... could you come on over and finish this 8 page critical analysis of stories in the media recently, and their treatment by different networks and media outlets?

It's due tomorrow :)

merlyn said...

many many congratulations captain!!!!

it has been a pleasure to hang out in your world!!!!


posting from germany this morning!

xxxxs and ooos
merly

eastcoastlife said...

Congratulations on your 400th post ... and I get mentioned. hehehe.... so sweet of you!

*Hugzzzz*

landgirl said...

Congratulations. I came by way of Curmudgeon's blog. I enjoyed your fanciful story very much.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Congrats, Captain! Here's hoping you have 400 more posts :)

caramaena said...

Congratulations on post number 400!

Anonymous said...

Happy 400!!! I send you 400 go go girls from Planet Xenon!

susan said...

Congratulations Jean-Luc

I've loved each post, and yes once I found you I did go back and read each one!

Here is to the next 400!

*raises mug of coffee*

(sorry it's a day late, it's the "Bank Holiday Monday I'm a day out" time of year again!)

Anonymous said...

WTG on the 400th. Zip me an email to darianadonovan@gmail and as soon as possible, I will send you an invite to Joost! Sorry I am just seeing that you would like to be a Jooster!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thank you so, so much for the wonderful plaudits I've had. You are a great group of people!

Nic, Ciera, Nurse Ratched, Miss Cellania and Secret Squirrel, it was a pleasure to have you five in a one-off imaginary story.

It's everyone who reads my Journal that gives me inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Yay - 400!!

Many congrats - here's to MANY more!

:D:D

Ellee Seymour said...

Hope you are enjoying your party, and behaving yourself!

Bea said...

What a wonderful 400th! Such a delight-thank you Captain. The next 400 should be great fun : )

Miscellaneous-Mum said...

Biggest Congratulations! May the Federation continue indefinately!

Delia said...

Congratulations on your 400th post!

emi said...

Many happy returns of the day Cap'n. Tho' I haven't commented in a while, I salute you.

Florence Forrest said...

well done and congratulations on your 400th post, I'm yet to reach 100!

I'm a bit worried about you on that island though....I hope the Enterprise will be by to beam you up soon because otherwise....

I hope you had a happy Easter too.

xx

Ciera said...

glad to know you'd want me along!

I do hope you continue this story...I want to know how we get rescued {please don't let it be Wesley!}

Kønig Hasemörder said...

The WASP spray has finally worked, I turned into a ENTP. Q also shares this personality type, which I think in itself creates a distaste for T. At any rate captain, I have inseminated myself in the female in the picture of the Others. I'll be catching up on my T V therefor becoming more omniscient than I already am. You will be seeing me soon.

Unknown said...

400 posts! How time has flown. May you and your crew continue to boldly post what no man has posted before!

Paperback Writer said...

Happy 400th!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wonderful to hear from you all.

Florence, Ciera, as I said above, it was just a one-off imaginary story, out of the sphere of usual writings.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 400th post. That is truly amazing. You earned that THINKING BLOGGERS AWARD awarded to you by the Electronic Village last month.

I look forward to reading your creativity for the next 400 posts!

peace,
Villager

Michael K. Althouse said...

Happy 400th post! That is quite an accomplishment.

Michele sent me,

Mike

Jen said...

I love LOST!

Congratulations, 400 posts is quite a feat!

Woohooooo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人漫畫,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖

情色視訊,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,視訊,免費視訊,情人視訊網,視訊辣妹,影音視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,成人視訊,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,小高聊天室

6K聊天室,080中部人聊天室,聊天室交友,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,情色聊天室,AV女優,AV,A片,情人薇珍妮,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖