Thursday, October 26, 2006

Stringworld (Part Three)

Fortunately, in the time we have been waiting for Brains and the Tracys to arrive, things have settled down.

Atlanta and Marina have made Deanna and Riker kiss and make up telling them that the dispute they have over Troy Tempest is for them to sort out. That's what Atlanta said. Marina is as quiet as ever.

Steve Zodiac and Commander Sam Shore are waiting around the combined Star City/Marineville Headquarters.

We are hoping Brains and Data will be able to solve the problem as to why all the inhabitants of Stringworld are guided by a mysterious force named 'The Anderson Spirit'.

---------------

Suddenly, we hear a noise outside; we look and see.





"I think they need noise reductions on those engines." comments Riker, "A lot of the windows are breaking. International Rescue probably have a deal with all the glaziers."

A little while later, two men, together with a bespectacled one walk in.



"Hi, I'm Scott, the top flyer of the Thunderbirds; Dad sent us over to see if we could help."



"Who says you're the top flyer?" says the other, "You only pilot it because you're the firstborn, otherwise I would have been top dog. I should have strangled you when we were children. Hi, I'm Virgil."

"You just do the grunt work in Thunderbird 2, Virgil." Scott replies, "I'm surprised Dad didn't put you out of the way in the space station like I suggested. John is a much better pilot. You're always crashing Thunderbird 2."

"Not as much as you do in Thunderbird 1!" retorts Virgil.

"N-now t-then, boys." replies Brains in a strange stuttering voice, "Y-you know what your father said about your squabbles."

Are people always fighting on this planet? Still, I guess it's no different from all the disputes we get on the Enterprise.

Data and Brains go into the laboratory.



Some time later, they come out.

"A-at f-first" says Brains, "I t-thought it might be The H-Hood."

"Is that something all the inhabitants wear?" asks Deanna.

"No, Counselor." answers Data, "He appears to be a criminal on this planet."

"A-after looking t-through the lens into space," Brains continued, "W-we have seen a ring surrounding the p-planet. It seems it c-comes from that."

I call the Enterprise to investigate the ring; there is a device left inside; with photon torpedoes, the object is destroyed.

In the control room, Troy, Phones, Shore, Atlanta, Marina, Zodiac, Virgil, Scott and Brains all collapse to the floor.

What have we done? I'll have to pull a few strings to put everything right. This is pushing the Prime Directive a little too far.

Then slowly, each of them manages to get up, though it is a struggle at first, and stand up proud. They all look elated.

"Thank you, Captain." says Commander Shore, "You have freed us from the opressive Anderson Spirit that has haunted us for generations.

----------------

A little while later, we are just about to leave. We see Troy Tempest in his best clothes on the terrace romancing Marina.



Atlanta sees them. Oh dear.

She rushes up behind them and pushes Marina over the balcony and into the ocean.

"Take a drink of that, Fish-face!" she exclaims, then proceeds to give Tempest a long, lingering kiss, as Marina emerges bedraggled.

Deanns has a smile on her face as I indicate that it's time to beam up.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that Atlanta, she fights for her man! Great job freeing them from their strings. Too bad you couldn't harness those strings though, some of your crew could use some restraint!

The Curmudgeon said...

Good thing they recovered, or Starfleet might have tried to string you up!

Lahdeedah said...

SOB

I don't understand the puppet world thing sob sob....

Anonymous said...

Freeee at last! Free at last!

Oh, love the blue glasses on Brains. Lol.

Anonymous said...

well jon did you go look? you have your own category!

Professor Xavier said...

I'm glad to see you don't let a little thing like the Prime Directive get in your way. You don't want to get obsessive about these things.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Oh what a romantic scene Troy and Marina are in. I didn't think there those kind of scenes in the spaceship. At least romance do not go passe in your ship and generation.
Thanks for dropping by.

Nepharia said...

I'm sorry....those puppet guys use to make me ill to my stomach when I was a kid. I'm glad you finally got them off those strings.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I remember those puppets, they used to scare the heck out of me.

Anonymous said...

I guess now all the inhabitants of String world can cut loose!!!!

with nothing more tying them down... it could be interesting to see what they do next...

dragonflyfilly said...

OH MY GOSH! where did you find these guys?

Rob Whatman said...

Urgent Message from Admiral Gerry Anderson at StarFleet Command: "MoonBase Alpha reports massive nuclear explosion. Moon is drifting away through space! Mayday!..."

Jean-Luc Picard said...

All the visitors seem to have a great fear of puppets.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Thunderbirds are go!

Foster Dogs said...

That was...interesting. Shouldn't this be called The Captain's Log?

Here via Michele's.

Sue said...

Hey Jean-Luc -- here via Michele's today. I will direct all my favorite trekkies here for sure.

carmilevy said...

It's nice to know that sibling rivalry has no bounds, that it happens in the future as well as today.

Thanks for the timely reminder - and for yet another wonderfully written vignette.

Howdy from Michele! And from me, of course.

Anonymous said...

Jean-Luc, can you please telll me how environmentally friendly your wonderful spaceships are.

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

I bet you are glad to be back on the Enterprise.

Susan said...

Saturday morning childrens TV will never be the same again!

Tracie Nall said...

This is great! I'm glad Michele sent me by to read this. Have a great weekend.

dragonflyfilly said...

El Kapitano;

i left a message for you at my Blog;

just wanted to stop by and show you my Halloween Costume!

Panthergirl said...

Thunderbirds!!!! The clear inspiration for "Team America: World Police"!!

rashbre said...

Stringworld. Brilliant.