Sunday, October 15, 2006

300th Post!



I've been on the Enterprise all day, and no one has mentioned it's my 300th post. Are they pretending not to know...or don't they know?

I think I'll have to discipline a few ensigns or send someone on a dangerous mission.

"Captain Picard, this is Doctor Crusher. Please report to Ten Forward" says my com badge, "We have an emergency here."

It had better be important; I think about sending Riker, but as nothing is going on, I'll head there.

When I open the door to Ten Forward, I am greeted by a lot of people and noise.

"Happy 300th, Captain Picard!!" they all shout.

I recognise the staff and also the occupants of my Guest Quarters, who visit my Journal.

Beverly rushes forward and gives me a big kiss.

"Happy 300th, Jean-Luc." she whispers to me. Everybody cheers.

I hope I'm not going to have to do a speech; I'm never keen on doing those with a lot of people around.

I looked around the group:

Tammy and Nic were having an animated political discussion with Ellee Seymour .
Barbara From California was talking with Raehan. Cierawas chatting with M C Pearson, with Better Safe Than Sorry listening in.

Professor Xavier was fending off congratulatory messages, saying "It's not me who has had 300 posts, it's him!"

Mrs Mogul was talking with Trinity about her recent move to the US, and the upcoming birth, while Jon, Intergalactic Gladiatorwas talking with Florence was talking about Dante.

Black Widow was whispering with Pantha and Vampirella, who was trying to keep some bottles of bloodwine for herself and take it with her. Summer Dawn O'Ciardha joined the Drakulon Princess. It seems they had a lot to talk about.


There was a heated discussion with Darth Nepharia , J Ranae Oneida, Merlyn Gabriel , Padme Amidala and Erifia Apoc . Erifia was there with Becca The Magnificent and Tatooine who was telling everyone how she could count to five. This annoyed Worf, as he was trying to drink his bloodwine. I could see this group of people had a lot in common, but it's best not to get involved in these matters.

Craziequeen was talking with Minerva about life in England, while No Average Girl and Radical One were chatting with Susan about religious issues.

Curmudgeon , Jim McKee, Is Anything Truly Random? InterstellarLass got into a discussion about marathon running.

Terminatrix started to worry a few people, particularly Worf, but Seven chatted with her, as they seemed to have a lot in common.

Meow and Friday's Child were exchanging postcards, inviting Ribbiticus and Shelley to join them; Fickin Chingers was explaining to Dragonflyfilly and Jana where her unusual name came from.

Heather Nicole was chatting with Bev and Secret Squirrel about nursing. Lois Lane was telling Jaime H and Jen that, no, she did not know a Mr Clark Kent.

After collecting jokes from Data, Miss Cellania was telling them to Lori , Lady Wyntir, Barbara
and Nettie . I couldn't hear them laughing. Perhaps she should have bought her own? Michele and Michelle were arguing over name spelling, as they always seem to do. Osquer , in a green outfit, was writing a haiku for the event, reading it out to Panthergirl and Paperback Writer.

As Lahdeedah , Nightingale, Petroville, TNChick, Tara Lynn Johnson, Rowan, Siskenyon and Tanda gossiped about the latest events where they were, Bev comes up to me and says, "Time to make your speech, Jean-Luc."

Oh dear.

I step up to the microphone.

"Err...I'd like to thank you all for coming" I say.

A few cheers come up from the crowd, and Beverly urges me to carry on speaking.

"It's through you that my Journal has been going." I tell them, "Without your encouragement and support, it would have vanished a long time ago. I have made many firm friends during the time my Journal has been active. This will be the 300th post. I look forward to writing many more. Keep those comments coming in!"

"Well said, Jean-Luc" says Beverly, that was a great speech.

Suddenly, I can feel a tug on my uniform from a small person who has walked up to me.

"Hello Captain Picard. My name is Tatooine, and I can count to FIVE!"

58 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on 300th!!!
even though i don't comment through the week, i still come over and read. you obviously put a tremendous amount of time into your posts, don't know where you come up with it.

Nic said...

Excellent post my dear Captain! It's over my last 300 posts that I've made wonderful blogfriends like you! So glad that you are in my corner of the universe! Congrats on the BIG Three-Oh-Oh. :)

M. C. Pearson said...

Happy 300th! Wow! I'm still in my 100's. LOL. I love coming here to relax on the holodeck. You make life more fun.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 300, I believe that yer dealin with a bunch of aliens that dont want to admit that they cant count.

heather said...

congrats, cap'n!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congratulations!

Susan said...

congratulations Jean-luc

Nepharia said...

Congratulations! Will be sure to come back while you work on 400 posts :D.

The party was great -- Beverly Crusher sent out invites weeks ago so everyone would have a free spot on their calendar for the event. There were so many interesting people there -- I do so love a good political discussion with those of different points of view.

Worf did warm up after a while and offered some blood wine to us, which we thoroughly enjoyed. He even entertained us with some Klingon war songs after he'd had several (ten?) glasses.

Please let him know my schedule is free and I would love to join him in his favorite training exercise on the holodeck.

dragonflyfilly said...

whoooo hooooo! 300!!there should be a prize for the most profilic blogger, and it would go to you....and as i most this guess on is singing on "Cry" on the radio??

cheers for now, mon Kapitano!

"love and peace and may all being be happy"

dragonflyfilly said...

bad English much eh? forgot to edit! ops!

Shelley said...

Fabulous JLP! Happy 300th post! Will you have LOST figured out by the 1000th post? That's how long it'll take, eh? Big huggs from Canada!

Erifia Apoc said...

Happy 300th. Thanks for inviting me. It meant a lot. How funny it is, my birthday and your 300th post fell on the same day. :)

My Author was laughing so loud, it distracted my author's room mate to the point the room mate had to turn around and try to find out exactly was so funny.

Tatooine the Tauntaun said...

Yup! 5! My mommy was so proud. Thanks for inviting me!

Happy 300 day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me Jean-Luc! Congratulations on your 300th post!! I really enjoy your writing!

Professor Xavier said...

Believe it or not, I actually had 5 different crewmen come up to me, salute and call me captain. They didn't seem to care that I was wearing an ordinary suit. I ordered them all on latrine duty. Hope you don't mind.

And congrats on 300!!

Anonymous said...

I don't gossip as a rule, but...

:-)

Happy 300th post!

Paperback Writer said...

Whooo-hooo!! Happy 300!!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, HAPPY 300th POST My Dear Captain...Good for you and Here's to at least 1000 more!
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello CAPTAIN!! It's been awhile. I am sooo sorry I left the Enterprise but I am here now to visit. I live near the archaic Space Shuttle. MAN - it belongs to a museum!! Happy 300!!

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Interesting party Captain. Thanks for the invite.

Vampirella certainly is an interesting woman.

Florence Forrest said...

What a great 300th Party! Congratulations again.

I had a great time talking to Jon, Interglactic Gladiator. He told me an amusing tale about a time he fell asleep on a long journey home after drinking all night...infact you might want to check 10 Forward to see if he's still there.

looking forward to reading more of Picard's Journal!

xx

Lahdeedah said...

Congrats on 300!

Wow.

Looking forward to 300 more!

Anonymous said...

wow that's great! 300 posts is amazing.

you see i do come over here and look around, but i still don't know one word y'all are talkin' about...

i think i need an inter-galatic to hillbilly dictionary or somethin'. any ideas? ... bee

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Congratulations on your 300th. 300! Wow! Job well done. I agree with Beverly. That was a good speech. I'm sure you'll be doing more of this post and your blogging friends will never desert you.

Trinity13 said...

Congrats on 300 posts Capt!!!! How exciting...now, where's the cake?!

Anonymous said...

Raising a glass of bloodwine to you JLP - congratulations!

-tnchick- said...

Sorry I am late but I am here! I am here! They do say better later than never don't they?! Congrats on the blogging milestone. Your posts are always full of so much life. Well done. =)

Anonymous said...

That is so impressive, what a shining star you are, congratulations, you have so many fans, well done -:)

Osquer said...

Such a lovely party! I really must send Beverly a note. Oh, that bloodwine! Paperback Writer will tell you to watch me around the wine!

Congratulations to you on your 300th post, Captain! I always enjoy reading about your adventures.

Actually, I came up with several poetic ideas. Here are two haiku for you!

In a gathering

so diverse, ideas will

sparkle like the stars!

and

Three hundred posts have

entertained and informed. Can't

wait to read then next!

And congratulations on your mathematical skills, Tatooine!

Jim McKee said...

"Marathon Running, and How to Avoid It, thru Clever Deployment of Pop Tarts"

Congrats on # 300, Captain!!! Please keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Captain!!!!!! I am sorry I am a bit late...just got back from the past... I hope that you have a huge celebration or at least a nice glass of wine! cheers
merly
xxs and oos

craziequeen said...

Happy 300th post, my dear J-L!!

[sips champagne] what a magnificent party, Bev has done you proud.

I believe Data is looking for me for a dance....[peers around]

cq

Miss Cellania said...

Congratulations on 300 posts! I've so enjoyed your stories.

Sorry I'm late, but I didn't detect your link. See, you've linked me both on the sidebar and in the post to my OLD site, which is now defunct. My current URL is http://www.misscellania.com which you visit often, but don't have updated here at your site.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

300! Had I known I wouldv'e worn a tie.

Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Happy 300th Post Jean-Luc! I hope you'll be around for light-years to come!

MaR said...

Happy 300th post, Captain!! and many, many more :)

Anonymous said...

Just to say I have visited both Tammy and Nic on your recommendation, they both have great sites, I hope we will stay in touch. Many thanks for your kind thoughts.

The Curmudgeon said...

I know you're not big on military protocol in the 24th Century, Captain, but just this once seems appropriate: I salute you.

And I look forward to the next three hundred posts as well.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by the sheer volume of kind responses to this anniversary. It's things like this that make it all worthwhile.

Nic, what you say are my thoughts as well. How else would I meet great friends?

Mimi. thanks; looking forward to that book.

Nepharia, I'll let Worf know.

Dragonflyfilly, that's a great compliment.

Shelley, by the time #1000 comes around, LOST will be more confusing than ever!

Erifia, glad it made your author laugh!

Tatooine, glad you came.

Professor, Latrine duty was the right course of action.

Henchman, sorry about that; blame Beverly; she organised it.

Mrs M, I've been near the area in Florida where the Space Shuttle is (Canaveral?)

Summer, I thought you and Vampi would get on!

Florence, the party wouldn't be the same without you.

Empress Bee, I don't thinbk we have too many hillbillies on the Enterprise.

Friday, thanks for those comments.

Trin, are you sure you should be eating cake in your condition?

VK, thanks for the wine salute.

TNC, I appreciate those thoughts.

Ellee, that is such a fine thing to say.

Osquer, two great haikus there!

Jim, no marathion running for you, then?

Merlyn, hope you had a great weekend; tell me about it via e mail.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

CQ, enjoy the dance?

IL & Mar...thank you.

Ellee, I thought Tammy & Nic might be good company for you.

Curmudgeon, thanks for the salute.

UngaMan said...

Cogratulations Captain!

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Congratulations on your 300th post!!

I can see that you indeed love your blog, and put so much thought and creativity into each one of your posts.

Have a good week.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Happy 300th post! And what a great post it was!

Vegeta said...

congrats on the 300th post, and tatooine can count higher than Kakarot hahahahahahahaha!

Lori said...

Whooohoooooo.....You go Captain!!!

Congrats...keep up the great work!!!

Please no more Data jokes....LOL

Have a great day!!!

November Rain said...

HAPPY 300th

Black Widow said...

happy 300th

SHI said...

happy 300th

Anonymous said...

happy 300th

Pantha said...

happy 300th

Warbird said...

Happy 300th

Shannon said...

Congratulations Jean-Luc. I raise my glass to you and another 300 wonderful posts!

Jaime said...

Congrats, Captain!! Here's to the next 300!

rashbre said...

May the Force be with you.
rashbre

Anonymous said...

Congrats captain, this is indeed a great day for the 1701-D. To celebrate, I will down a bottle of Glenfiddick I have been saving -in your honour, of course.

- Thomas Guy

Camy Tang said...

Congrats, Captain! Thanks for visiting my blog, too. What a small universe--I know MC and I've commented a time or two on Nic's blog.

Camy

Lois Lane said...

Happy 300th, Captain Picard!!

Late as always. :) Any booze left?

Rolf said...

Thanks so much for this article, quite effective piece of writing.
camisas de futebol personalizadas