Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jennifer & Data Go Out With Britney & T'Pol (Part One)



Guest Poster: Jennifer Baxter

"Well, Data, darling." I tell him, "I can't see why we ever agreed to go on this with them. It's as hardly as if they are in our circle."

"That is true, Jenny." replies Data, "But I think we ought to extend the hand of friendship more to Ensign Britney and T'Pol. They stay with each other and do not mix. Therefore by being friendlier towards them, it will break down barriers."

I sigh. "I suppose you're right. Where are we meeting them?"

"Right here in the Starfleet Plaza of San Francisco." he answers, "The two of them should be here any moment. Please be kind to them."

"I will, I will!"

Sure enough, after not too long, I hear the familiar sound of two steps, one of them a Dr Martens boots.



"Hi Jen!" says Britney, "Hi Data! Lets have a fabbo time tonight! Whaddayasay, soulsistah?""



"I'm with you, Brit, honey." T'Pol exclaims, "The four of us will paint the town red."

The only red I'm seeing are the red flags that appearing after seeing those two. Nonetheless, Data carries on.

"I have reserved a place for us at Le Grande Restaurante, the top French eating establishment in San Francisco." he tells them.

Britney and T'Pol, listen, then swap glances at each other.

"BOR---ING!!" they both exclaim together.

"But it is our favourite place to eat, isn't it, Jennifer?" Data tells them, "Every time we return to Earth, we come here."

"It's not for US, Data." T'Pol tells him, "Britney and I have a different idea of a good night out."

"Give this a try." I plead to them. Eventually they relent and decide to come.

--------

We approach the doorway of Le Grande Restaurante.

I've a feeling our troubles are only just beginning!

6 comments:

Gordon said...

Maybe they'll like it and not cause trouble else I think they'll see the wild side of Miss Baxter and that's a side they don't wanna see.

Linda said...

Perhaps they can find a nice way to achieve a balance between the four of them??

Jane said...

Oh that Britney.....she is SUCH an icon of fashion!!!!!

Jason Todd said...

oh this'll be fun.

The Curmudgeon said...

This may eclipse (if I may use an astronomical term) the Chez Paul scene in The Blues Brothers....

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Linda, somehow, balance is a little difficult here.

Jane, Britney's idea of fashion is a little wilder than most.