Saturday, January 17, 2009

TWQ: Things That We Wanted To Do

TWQ (The Weekend Question) asks about those pleasures that we have always dreamed of achieving. How many have you actually done?

What things have you always dreamt of doing have you actually done? Were they as good as you imagined they would be or a bit of a let down? List as many as you wish.

My answer is:

I had always dreamt of riding on the back of a Harley Davidson (it would only be a passenger as I couldn't drive). When I found someone who had one, he offered to give me a spin on it. I loved every moment of it, and was elated with the buzz it gave me during and afterwards. Sadly, I have never had the opportunity to ride one again.

Now it's over to you...

But before you go....

As Patrick McGoohan passed away this week, here is a treat...an extended intro to the best opening sequence of any tv series...The Prisoner.

12 comments:

craziequeen said...

Hi Jean-Luc - Tanya sent me to answer the TWQ this morning as my washing machine goes around and around....

As a child my mother wouldn't let me go on the school skiing or ice-skating trips.

So a few years ago I took the opportunity to have a go at skiing..

And I hated it, loathed it and swore never to do it again...

cq

Anonymous said...

i'd love to spend a month in fiji, in one of those huts that are suspended over the water, i haven't done it yet, but still intend to. i think it will be as every bit wonderful as i dream it will be.

Amanda said...

I always wanted curly hair, so, several years ago, I tried a perm. I HATED IT. And worse, everybody said "Your hair was nicer straight" Oh well, at least I know.

Linda said...

The thing I'd really like to do is one that is still in the "maybe someday" stage and that's to take a trip over to England and visit the town where my grandmother used to live. I'm still I sure have family over there somewhere but if I do, I've no clue who/where they are!

David Edward said...

to be able to give a complete therapeutic massage -
yes it is the best thing I can give another and so wonderful to receive.

I love practicing massage!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

tour italy, med. cruise, and transatlantic cruise. did all three for my 60th birthday and they were all wonderful! (so good we went again on my 61st!)

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's great to actually do what we always wanted to do, even though we can't guarantee they will be as good as we think they will be.

craziequeen said...

For years I dreamed of living in another, simpler, era and I watched my friends enviously when they did it.

So, after years of persuasion, I joined the Company they were in and, despite one of the wettest summers on record, I am still loving it like crazie...

Hey Jean-Luc - Tanya sent me while our US friends are aleeping....

cq

Anonymous said...

I always found watching someone throw a pot was like magic, and now I can do it myself.

It's harder than the experienced potters make it look, but it's still magic.

Lori said...

I always have wanted to go to Paris....haven't made it yet!!

Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

I wanted to do one of those huge charity walks, and I trained and did it last year. Except for the tendon injury, it was GREAT! I would like to do it again, but I can't face the fundraising this year...