Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bev & Picard At Romantica (Part Two)

Bev and I have been enjoying our time on Romantica. It's a couples-only planetary resort that I have gone on with her as a result of my 50th birthday present from the crew of the Enterprise.

I think Bev and I will agree that it's an ideal present!

The odd thing is that all the residents are called Mr & Mrs Smith, in order to preserve anonymity. The only ones who aren't are those whose names are actually Smith!

The two of us are walking to the breakfast table when I see a familiar figure.



"Bev!" I whisper quickly, "It's Admiral Bullock. Let's hide!"

It's too late, and he sees us. Bullock is accompanied by a young 19 year old girl who I recognise as Felicity, his secretary. They walk towards us.



"Hello Admiral." I say, "You're looking well, Felicity." She giggles.

The Admiral is a little lost for words. Though he looks disapprovingly at Bev and myself being together.

"Is your wife not with you, Admiral?" Bev asks in a sarcastic manner.

"Err, no, Doctor Crusher." he replies, "She has backache. Besides, my secretary are here on a fact-finding mission on behalf of Starfleet."

"Of course you are." Bev comments.

The four of us walk away in two different directions. The Admiral hurries back and quietly whispers to me.

"Look, Picard. I won't say anything about you consorting with your ship's Doctor if you keep quiet about me and Felicity."

"Agreed, Admiral." I answer, "I mean Mr Smith."

Beverly and I continue walking away, while I hear Felicity shouting away, "I thought you told me you were divorced!"

"I think we'll be all right here, Jean-Luc." Beverly says with a laugh, holding my arm, "Let's go for a walk on the beach. There's a beautiful sunset here tonight."

-----------

A little later, we are sitting on the beach, and I am getting ready to start the Great Seduction when Bev emits a horrendous scream that rattles my eardrums. The sound is worse than the sort heard in the type of nightclubs Ensign Britney goes to.

"Something is coming out of the sea!" she shouts, "It looks awful!"



To be continued...

8 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Felicity looks like she might know a little bit about the Big Bang Theory.

Ellee Seymour said...

Just as you was looking forward to a romantic moment. I'm sure your time will come...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

MOTD, I'm sure Admiral Bullock likes to hear her.

Anonymous said...

That looks slimy and scary!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Is that some kind of young mutant turtle?

Linda said...

Well, something like that emerging from the sea will definitely kill a romantic moment, won't it?

The Curmudgeon said...

Perhaps it's just returning a hubcap that it found on the seabed. Or is that a Frisbee?

Unknown said...

Captain: Act now and send Felicity here. I'll provide a safe haven! ;)