Thursday, July 31, 2008

Picard Loses His Memory (Part Three)



Guest Poster: Beverly Crusher

I'm worried about Jean-Luc. Ever since he had that accident on Darius VI, he's been very secretive.

Not only that, he is watching everybody carefully, writing things down when he finds something out. When I ask Jean-Luc what he was doing, he just says "Nothing."

I'm sure things aren't right, though. We went to the Enterprise cinema, and instead of kissing in the back row, as we usually do, Jean-Luc let me watch the movie while he crawled around the cinema, taking notes about who was sitting with who.

"It's not right, Will." I say when talk to Riker and Deanna, along with the other senior staff, "The Captain seems to be a changed man."



"I should say." Ensign Britney complains, "He didn't tell me off for chewing gum this morning when he walked past. The Captain was concentrating more on the message he was about write on his handviewer."

"That's not right, soulsistah Britney." her friend T'Pol comments, "If the Captain is out of sorts, how can we be rebels?"

I try to work that out.

"We have a more serious problem concerning the Captain."Riker starts, but eats a donut. I think that's to calm his nerves.

"We were told by Starfleet Headquarters via a secret message there was an Admiral Rickman appointed to lead a Task Force to root out all Section 31 agents from Starfleet."

"What has happened, Commander Riker?" asks Data.

"Since then, Starfleet authoriies have told us there is no record of such a Task Force, or none of any Admiral Rickman existing."



"It sounds like Section 31's work." Deanna, "But what does this have to do with the Captain."

"We were the only ship to get the message." Riker answers, "And shortly after we announced that, there was an unuauthorised message from a concealed channel on the ship. It was his private channel, and could only have come from the Captain."

"Jean-Luc is no spy!" I exclaim.

"He has been acting differently, Beverly." Jadzia summises, "Perhaps more happened to him on Daruis VI than he knows...or is telling us."

"The Borg Queen would not tolerate a spy!" Seven says disgustedly, "They would be disconnected."

Jean-Luc suddenly enters the briefing room.

"What's going on?" he says, "A meeting without my knowledge?"

Suddenly I rush up to Jean-Luc, but my arms around his neck...and knock him out with a hypospray.

------------

"So that's it, Doctor?" Riker tells be, "Your examination tells that he had clearly lost his memory for some time during his accident?"

"Yes." It looks like someone took advantage of the situation. Still, the concussion is healed. He should be all right now."

Jean-Luc gets up and recalls in horror as he tells us what he has done for Section 31.

"I'm glad it worked." I comment, "My alternative solution was to hit you with a brick to get your memory back."

"What can we do, Will?" he asks.

"I think a few false messages to Sloan will sort things out." says Riker, "If he still thinks you're with them, they will get puzzled with disinformation and not sure what is real."

"Excellent, Will." says Jean-Luc, who then looks at me, "Beverly, I think we both need to go back to the Enterprise Cinema. This time, we'll both stay in the back row!"

-------------

Meme alert!

Mimi has sent me this meme where I have to type my first name plus 'needs' in Google and see what the results are. Here are some of the replies:

* I have told Arsene Wenger he needs to spend big on up to four major stars if he is to challenge Manchester United and Chelsea again.

* needs to turn 3 more or gain 75 more Vampire points to reach the next level: Vampire Warrior. This is from my own Facebook!

* needs to tighten some bolts so that the propellers on the very top of the tower start spinning.

* will be hospitalized about one week. He will then need about one month at home to fully recover.

* needs a slap.

* needs to learn from Errict Rhett’s mistakes.

* needs to get his “butt back out to practice.’’

11 comments:

Jaime said...

Glad you're back to normal, Captain!!

The Curmudgeon said...

Re: the back row of the cinema situation... yet another illustration of the Shoop Shoop solution.

Well done, all. Feel free to ask for suggestions regarding possible messages to Sloan.

And in the meantime -- Jean-Luc, you do remember... you were going to forgive my bar tab in Ten Forward right after you got back from the dig. Remember?

(Beverly, if he doesn't remember, could you prepare another hypospray?

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hey remember on WKRP in Cinncinatti when Mrs. Carlson hired someone to inspect the station and everyone at WKRP all acted wacky and pulled a fast one on him? You should totally do something like that.

Nepharia said...

I know what I'd be doing at the back of the cinema with a good looking guy....I'm sure Bev is thinking the same thing. Be careful...it could be another trap.

Mimi Lenox said...

You've been royally tagged by Mimi Queen of Memes (aka I-hear-the-dungeon-is-really-hot-this-time-of-year)...

Somebody Get Me Out Of This Corset: The Needs Meme

Linda said...

Excellent! Beverly saves the day again and now Britney and T'Pol can go back to being soul-sistas AND rebels!

Let's hope Sloan gets his, too!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Mmm wonder what's going to go on in the back row :)

Anonymous said...

You are fiercely in tune with Star Trek and I love it! Glad to see the captain is back to normal.

Michele sent me!

Lahdeedah said...

Good job Bev!

She's always been the one he could count on!

Tawnya Shields said...

It's so good to hear that Beverly sorted everything out. And just in time. I am not sure a brick to the head would be very beneficial. :O)

Tawnya Shields said...

I forgot to add that I enjoyed your meme. Very funny. I have it a go over at my blog. :o)