Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lwaxana's Mother-Daughter Chat



Guest Poster: Lwaxana Troi

It's time for me to have a little chat over the video viewer with my darling daughter, Deanna.

Sigh.

If I had been on the Enterprise, instead of the Betazed Ambassador, I would have ensured that she and Will Riker got married a long time ago. I'd have been dragging her up the aisle.

As Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, and Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed, getting Deanna married is a prime ambition of mine.

The screen flickers on, and Deanna appears.

"Daughter!" I exclaim, "It is so wonderful to see you again, although you and that delightful Will Riker visited not too long ago."

"Hello Mother." Deanna says, somewhat irrritatingly, "Yes I remember that. I am still squirming with embarassment over what happened then. You never left poor Will alone, with all those less-than subtle hints of yours."

"Whatever do you mean, my darling?" I say innocently, although I know what she is talking about. I had hoped Deanna had overlooked it.



"You know very well what I mean, mother." she says firmly, "Following Will and humming I'm Getting Married In The Morning, Chapel of Love or the Betazed Wedding March."

"I have to help your romances along, dearest." I stress, "Otherwise you'll end up left on the shelf, like your Great Aunt Philip."

"Yes, well there were reasons for that we don't talk about." Deanna says dryly.

"I think there's more chance of that Borg copy of yours getting married before you do, daughter." I reply, "Besides, that young Wesley Crusher is getting wed to that amazon. He's far younger than you are!"

"Mother!" she exclaims in exasperation, "It's the way Will and I have chosen to be. Eventually, we may get married, but we're in no hurry."

I sigh in despair. "Do you know whether Wesley's wedding will be like the Betazed ones?"

"Of course not, mother." she answers, "Everyone will be wearing clothes."

"Such a pity." I say, "I think our traditional naked weddings, in which the bride and groom, plus all the familes have to attend without wearing anything is delightful. It certainly helps break the ice between families."

"Everyone will be in their wedding outfits, mother." Deanna tells me.

"In that case, I'd better find a new hat and a dress." I reply, "It seems so much cheaper to do it the Betazed way."

Deanna sighs in exasperation.

"Goodbye for now, mother." she says.

"Goodbye my darling." I reply, "Always a pleasure to talk to you."

15 comments:

Linda said...

Well, you can't blame a mother for wanting to see her daughter happily married now can you?

Jaime said...

*sigh* Poor Deanna.

Anonymous said...

You certainly can't blame a mother for wanting to see her daughter married to a naked Will Riker anyway! ^-^ ... 0.0 or maybe that's gross? Oh well.

The Hulk said...

Hulk does not want to see naked Riker.

TX said...

Hi, 7 my friend, that pesky Dr Basil got a catfrom blockade boys kittens,so I assimilated a cat for me and duplicated one for you my friend

The Curmudgeon said...

I wonder if Lwaxana might borrow Karena's spear -- or a spear from another of the Amazons at the wedding -- and see if that doesn't help prod Will and Deanna into the state of wedded bliss?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sky, Seven thanks you for that charming cat!

Betazed wedding ceremonies don't require clothes, so it solves a lot of problems about what to wear on a wedding day.

Jana said...

You'd certainly see a lot more summer weddings if people got married naked. And it wouldn't even matter if it started raining.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Betazed weddings sound amusing I want to go to one :)

eastcoastlife said...

I want to go to a Betazed wedding!! er... guests have to be naked too?

Andi said...

I missed the storyline about Deanna having a Borg twin....and the storyline about Wesley getting married.

SHI said...

I am glad there will be cloths at wes wedding

Jean-Luc Picard said...

ECL, yes the guests at a Betazed wedding have to be naked as well. Are you and MOTD still keen to go?

Bluest Butterfly, Wesley & Karena will be getting married very soon. Their engagement has been mentioned a few times.

Wendy Hoke said...

Deanna and Will. Yes, that would have been a good match.

I never got past the whole Deanna and Worf concept. Totally warped my perspective.

But you, Jean Luc, my pet human still pines away for you.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

Anonymous said...

[color=#9ad]Музыканты на праздник [url=http://dejavu-group.ru/svadba.php]Deja Vu[/url] - это коллектив профессиональных вокалистов и музыкантов на праздник.
[url=http://dejavu-group.ru/svadba.php]Deja Vu[/url]- один из лидеров в области музыкального сопровождения корпоративных вечеринок, свадеб, торжеств, шоу программ, музыкальных вечеров.
В репертуаре Музыкантов Дежа вю около 3000 песен.
Живая музыка. Ретро, хиты 70-80-90-х, джаз, диско, поп, современная музыка, европейские хиты, фоновая музыка, шансон.
Музыканты Дежа вю располагает мощной качественной музыкальной аппаратурой, которая позволяет наполнить приятным и плотным уху звуком как компактное помещение (фуршет), так и огромное пространство (корпоратив до 1 тыс. человек).

Игорь +7 916 623 4047, Андрей +7 910 483 8294 [/color]