Sunday, August 19, 2007

Beverly & Queen Diana (Part One)

The Enterprise is on it's way to the amazonian planet of Wondawowman.

We have Wesley Crusher on board and his fiancee Karena. His mother Beverly is going to have a talk with her mother Queen Diana about the impending marriage that Wes seems to have got himself locked into.

Honestly. You would think we were running a marriage agency, not explorers on an interplanetary vessel. If we come across aliens wanting our help, you can be sure that Karena would say something like, "Ignore them. My marriage is more important."

Bev approaches me quietly.



"Jean-Luc." she says, "I'm really worried about this meeting and the proposed marriage. Karena will order Wes around as she is an Amazonian and he will be her Life Servant. Wes won't be happy at all."

"I understand what you are saying, Bev." I reply, although I'd be glad to get Wes out of the way, "As Wondawowman is a matriachal society, perhaps you can persuade the Queen that he is not the right person for her daughter, or at least have a very long engagement?"

Bev considers this.

"That won't be easy" she continues, "As both mother and daughter are set in their ways, it will be tough to persuade them.

After she walks away, Wes approaches me.



"Hi Captain!" he chirrups in that overly cheerful voice of his, "I'm glad to be on the Enterprise again."

"Yes." reply glumly, as usually when he is on, the ship needs saving, and he manages to do it at the last second. If it wasn't for him, it probably wouldn't need saving.

"Hey, Wes!" says Geordi, "As he walks past us, "Are you looking forward to seeing your future mother-in-law? Getting married soon, are you?

"Err..maybe soon, Geordi." replies Wes, somewhat hesitatingly.

"Are you alright about the marriage plans, Wes?" I ask

"Well, Captain." he says hesitatingly, "It worries me. Karena is very forceful. Though she's a lovely girl, she does tell me what to do a lot. Maybe she'll mellow after a while?"

"It's a lot to hope for Wes." I say, "Perhaps you could tell her you're not sure about it yet?"

"She'd lacerate me with a spear if I said that." he replies.

"What if you told her that another girl has fallen for you?" I ask, "That could slow the marriage plans. While you have a long engagement, you and Karena may well fall in love."

Wesley thinks.

"Who do you have in mind." he asks.

"How about Ensign Ro Laren?"

To be continued...

22 comments:

Flik Sivrak said...

This reminds me of Hapes...you don't wanna mess with their women. The Queen Mother Ta' Chume had her own son murdered...Be careful, Wes...

Unknown said...

Very interesting...

Linda said...

I get the feeling that this has "disaster waiting to happen" written all over it!

Lavender said...

Howd he get himself into this predicament? Egads!

Real Life Drama Queen said...

At least you didn't recommend TaPol LOL Interesty predicament though. Looking forward to more.

Amanda said...

How do you come up with these stories?! They are all such good reads :)

When I was younger I used to wish I was like Wesley...living on board the Enterprise.

Bilbo said...

I believe your initial instincts are correct, Captain. What better way to get that annoying twit out of the way? But setting up Ro Laren as the third leg of the triangle...that I've got to see! It should rank right up there with the Seven of Nine - Reg Barclay lashup...

November Rain said...

Oh No I smell trouble for Ro

Anonymous said...

was that at all wise?

Justice said...

poor Ro

The Curmudgeon said...

Very sneaky, Captain.

Either way you could get rid of a problem.... Karena wipes out Ro and maybe she keeps Wesley (but Beverly can't be too mad at you because you tried). Of course, if Ro does wipe out Karena you might get Wes back... but Beverly would be happy so that's a plus for you. And even if Karena wipes out Ro there is a danger that she'll toss Wesley back at you... but you'd still be rid of Ro. And Beverly would be very happy with you.

Jean-Luc, you're positively Machiavellian!

The Curmudgeon said...

And what I really want to know was how did you get Wesley to suggest this solution as if it were his own idea?

Tawnya Shields said...

What a mess. I always hear that before marrying, take a good look at what the parenst are like. In this case he better take a long look at her mother. Look before you leap. Maybe he will be easily persuaded. Good luck!

Lahdeedah said...

Heh.

Wes and Ensign Ro Laren?

Perfect!

Or maybe, secretly he'd enjoy being a life servant to an Amazon, AND you'd never have to worry about having him on the ship again!

eastcoastlife said...

Uh oh... I smell trouble brewing...

eastcoastlife said...

Uh oh... I smell trouble brewing...

Bob Johnson said...

Ensign Ro Laren? she'd chew wil up and spit him out. That would lead to some great storytelling

Unknown said...

Honestly. You would think we were running a marriage agency, not explorers on an interplanetary vessel. If we come across aliens wanting our help, you can be sure that Karena would say something like, "Ignore them. My marriage is more important."

I laughed out loud! I guess all brides-to-be are alike

Shiara said...

this is going to be trouble

Anonymous said...

Wes just needs to grow a backbone. He should talk to Worf about that.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It does sound like disaster all the way. Ro Laren might have a few problems. You will see from Part Two now what happens.

pilgrimchick said...

"If it wasn't for him, it probably wouldn't need saving"--GREAT line. I watch a "Wesley saves the ship" episode today, so that was particularly relevent.