Sunday, January 21, 2007

Plant Problems (Part One)

I am summoned to Starfleet Headquarters by the Admirals.

It looks as if the Enterprise has drawn the short straw for another dangerous mission again. I don't know why it seems to be us. Any other starship just routinely cruises the galxy with bearly a scratch, while ours seems to get patched up and sent off again with alarming regularity.

I open the doors and Admirals Costello and Abbot are there.

I wonder if they know the 'Who's On First' comedy routine.

"Ah, Captain Picardo," says Costello, "Glad you could come."

"Thank you, sir." I reply, "Actually, it's Picard."

"Whatever." Abbot tells me, "That's not important right now. However something has come up on the fauna planet Epsilon II."

"Yes," continues Costello, "We set up a base for people to live there. Everythingthing was going well until the ecology started fighting back."

"Sorry, sir?" I say with a puzzled look."

"What my colleague is referring to," Abbot tells me, "Is that giant plants, named Truffids have started to threaten the inhabitants. They are hiding in their base. The Truffids are on the march. In a few days, they will reach the base."

"We don't want to destroy them." Costello takes up the talk, "We want to have peaceful relations with the Truffids."

First Contact with a plant; whatever next? A rose bush?

"I see, sir" I reply, "Lieutenant Commander Data should have an expert knowledge of fauna life, it should be a good..."

"That's not what we want, Captain." Abbot informs me, "We want you to take a human expert along; who we have in mind knows more about plant life than anyone else."

"Who's that?" I ask.

"Send him in." Costello informs a guard. The door opens.



It's Boothby, the Head Gardener of Starfleet Academy.

"Hello sonny." he tells me, "Let's get going on this mission. I'm already packed and ready to go."

"Admiral Costello." I say hastily, "Do you think it is safe for Mr Boothby to go on this mission? After all, he is a little frail."

"Are you trying to say I'm old, sonny." Boothby barks at me, "Let me tell you, I'm sharper than anybody else in this room."

He then looks at the Admirals.

Now make sure my Academy gardens are looked after while I'm away, or you'll have to answer to me."

"Let's go, Mr Boothby" I say with impending dread, and get ready to beam up with him.

To be continued...

26 comments:

Professor Xavier said...

That Boothby is sure crotchety. At least you don't have take Abott and Costello with you.

Anonymous said...

If they decide to give up on peaceful contact, give me a call. All I have to do is look at a plant and it dies.

Anonymous said...

I hope Boothby can handle Abbott and Costello. I wonder what the three of them will do with a plant.

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Plants? I know how to make them go away. But you have to be a necromancer, and know how to control your magic to make a blight.

Better yet, you know what plants love? Fire. Give them lots of fire.

And Aphids. Aphids eat plants. So do vegetarians.

There you go Captain, your problem can be handled simple if these guys are as hostile as thought, become a necromancer, and light the plants on fire, and the cooked vegetables will be enjoyed by Aphids and Vegetarians.

Mykol said...

hmmmm, wonder how this is going to turn out. well, you could always take huge caterpilars to eat the p;ants and when they go into the chrisalis stage, you just take them, put them in a cargo bay, and then have a little "accident" With the door.

squirrel said...

Now, now Cpatain you'de better be nice to Boothby or you'll have to answer to the AARP. That is if he's American. Or maybe in your century they have the UARP. Universe Association of Retired Persons.

Anonymous said...

I wonder why the plants are rebelling... Maybe they need extra fertilizers? Not enough growing space?? Hmmm

Anonymous said...

Hah! Boothby could take on the entire Borg empire and kick their collective asses!!!

Don't want to be in the Admirals' shoes if the gardens at Starfleet run down.

Have fun with the truffids, are they cousins to the Triffids?

xxs and oos
merly

Ciera said...

I was wondering if they were any relation to Tribbles... :)

I'd take along pruning shears if I were you Jean-Luc, "just in case"!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

plants fighting back. I hope that never happens here or I'd be doomed.

Ellee said...

I have every confidence in how you will cope with this, captain.

TrueJerseyGirl said...

Hm, he sounds just a litte crotchety.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Summer Dawn, I don't think Boothby would take kindly to your anti-plant solutions.

Ciera, the pruning shears might be useful.

Merlyn, Boothby might well give the Borg a few problems.

Barbara, fortunately Abbot & Costello aren't coming along...I never liked their movies!

Draculina said...

let me bite him then you wont have to worry

Justice said...

Actually I think you will be glad to have Boothby... I bet he will be alot better than Data...

I think he is my new hero

Hot Stuff the little devil said...

LOL Jana.. I think my mom is like that

Vampirella said...

okay me and plants have this deal they leave me alone and I leave them alone

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Isn’t taking a gardener to help with first contact of a plant species, like taking a barber along for chat with Wookies?

I am not sure this is such a good idea.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

This looks like the makings of a really bad 1950's-era movie. Either that or a giant, delicious salad!

Viamarie said...

Hope gardener does justice to the plants.

Have a nice week!

Anonymous said...

hi capt. i grew a plant once. that's sadly all i know about here. smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

Like Ciera noted, or they any realtion to tribbles? If so they may be harmless but annoying. Better take some ear plugs if they start all that shrilling chattering. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Anonymous said...

Drats my errors!!!
That is suppose to be ..."Are they relation to the tribbles"?
Excuse my elmo fingers. :o)~

dragonflyfilly said...

hmmmm, i like the gladiator's idea of a giant salad...

cheers for now,
pj

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A salad might be a further optional end for the plants.

Anonymous said...

豆豆聊天室 aio交友愛情館 2008真情寫真 2009真情寫真 aa片免費看 捷克論壇 微風論壇 大眾論壇 plus論壇 080視訊聊天室 情色視訊交友90739 美女交友-成人聊天室 色情小說 做愛成人圖片區 豆豆色情聊天室 080豆豆聊天室 小辣妹影音交友網 台中情人聊天室 桃園星願聊天室 高雄網友聊天室 新中台灣聊天室 中部網友聊天室 嘉義之光聊天室 基隆海岸聊天室 中壢網友聊天室 南台灣聊天室 南部聊坊聊天室 台南不夜城聊天室 南部網友聊天室 屏東網友聊天室 台南網友聊天室 屏東聊坊聊天室 雲林網友聊天室 大學生BBS聊天室 網路學院聊天室 屏東夜語聊天室 孤男寡女聊天室 一網情深聊天室 心靈饗宴聊天室 流星花園聊天室 食色男女色情聊天室 真愛宣言交友聊天室 情人皇朝聊天室 上班族成人聊天室 上班族f1影音視訊聊天室 哈雷視訊聊天室 080影音視訊聊天室 38不夜城聊天室 援交聊天室080 080哈啦聊天室 台北已婚聊天室 已婚廣場聊天室 夢幻家族聊天室 摸摸扣扣同學會聊天室 520情色聊天室 QQ成人交友聊天室 免費視訊網愛聊天室 愛情公寓免費聊天室 拉子性愛聊天室 柔情網友聊天室 哈啦影音交友網 哈啦影音視訊聊天室 櫻井莉亞三點全露寫真集 123上班族聊天室 尋夢園上班族聊天室 成人聊天室上班族 080上班族聊天室 6k聊天室 粉紅豆豆聊天室 080豆豆聊天網 新豆豆聊天室 080聊天室 免費音樂試聽 流行音樂試聽 免費aa片試看A片 免費a長片線上看 色情貼影片 免費a長片 本土成人貼圖站 大台灣情色網 台灣男人幫論壇 A圖網 嘟嘟成人電影網 火辣春夢貼圖網 情色貼圖俱樂部 台灣成人電影 絲襪美腿樂園 18美女貼圖區 柔情聊天網 707網愛聊天室聯盟 台北69色情貼圖區 38女孩情色網 台灣映像館 波波成人情色網站 美女成人貼圖區 無碼貼圖力量 色妹妹性愛貼圖區 日本女優貼圖網 日本美少女貼圖區 亞洲風暴情色貼圖網 哈啦聊天室 美少女自拍貼圖 辣妹成人情色網 台北女孩情色網 辣手貼圖情色網 AV無碼女優影片 男女情色寫真貼圖 a片天使俱樂部 萍水相逢遊戲區 平水相逢遊戲區 免費視訊交友90739 免費視訊聊天 辣妹視訊 - 影音聊天網 080視訊聊天室 日本美女肛交 美女工廠貼圖區 百分百貼圖區 亞洲成人電影情色網 台灣本土自拍貼圖網 麻辣貼圖情色網 好色客成人圖片貼圖區 711成人AV貼圖區 台灣美女貼圖區 筱萱成人論壇 咪咪情色貼圖區 momokoko同學會視訊 kk272視訊 情色文學小站 成人情色貼圖區 嘟嘟成人網 嘟嘟情人色網 - 貼圖區 免費色情a片下載 台灣情色論壇 成人影片分享 免費視訊聊天區 微風 成人 論壇 kiss文學區 taiwankiss文學區