Saturday, July 31, 2010

TWQ: Switch-Off Songs

While we all have our favourite songs, we all have one that make us turn the volume down or even switch the radio off at. TWQ (the Weekend Question) looks at those.

What songs, or type of songs make you switch the radio off, or turn the volume down when they come on. List as many as you wish.

My answers are:

Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears. This was played so many times when it came out, the sound started to grate on me.....now it goes right off!

Message In A Bottle by The Police. Rather monotonous and pretentious.

Any sort of rap music....I think the letter 'c' is missing from the description!

Now it's over to you...

7 comments:

Jim McKee said...

Captain, I'd have to agree with you, (c)rap music has the same effect on me!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

rap
rap
rap
rap
rap

five kinds turn me off!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxo

Fly Girl said...

Oh no you didn't insult the greatest rock group of all time! And one of their best songs. I love the Police Capt. What grates on my nerves is anything by Celine Dion, Michael Bolton or 80s Eric Clapton, can't take the sapiness.

P M Prescott said...

Prancing around the stage making wierd gestures and postures while seeing how fast you can hic-up is not my idea of music.

Screeching guitar music (Heavy Metal)
Primal Scream music
Monotonous music, sometimes at the end of a song like Hey Jude, great until it becomes a broken record at the end. Same for the long version of Light My Fire by the Doors.

... Paige said...

not so crazy about heavy metal (it brings me down with the weight of it)
rap is just blabbering weird $hit in some sort of, I donknow
not so crazy about Tayler Swift, I don't think she is swift

Jean-Luc Picard said...

No one seems to like rap music!

Sorry, FG, I'm not a big Police fan. 80's music has never appealed.

Actually, I love the long playout of 'Hey Jude'.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

rap music most definitely
Muskrat Love
Hot Rod Lincoln
Yummy Yummy Yummy