Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thomas Riker (Part One)



Guest Poster: Ro Laren

This weekend, I'm going on a Maquis Weekend. It gives me the chance to look up a few old friends, and catch up on the latest gossip about who is with who and how long for.

I must admit, some of the more extreme elements of the Maquis have a poor opinion of me, as I still am part of Starfleet, and have not quite, as they did, when the Cardassian Alliance was formed.

However, some of the others like me, as they see me as their 'girl on the inside', able to supply them with information.

The extremists think I just want to have my cake and eat it.

Well, as Deanna Troi might say, as long as it's chocolate.

-----------

I've beamed down, and everyone is chatting to each other, saying disparaging thing about the Cardassians and how they managed to cause trouble. I join in, saying the Enterprise stopped Gul Buket, a tough Cardassian from turning a Bajoran planet into a Cardassian vacation complex. That receives a lot of cheers and I get a free drink.

I'll have to think of a few more stories like that.

Shortly, Jalam, one of the more extreme leaders of the Maquis approaches me.

"Ah, how is our little weekend Maquis operative?" he asks.

Another sly dig, I think.

"I have someone I'd like you to meet, Ro." he tells me, and leads me into a special room.



"Commander Riker?" I ask.

"In a way." says the lookalike, "I was created in a transporter accident many years ago. You may call me Thomas, which is my middle name."

"And you have joined the Maquis?"

"Yes." he replies, "We want you to help me in a special mission."

"Which is?" I ask.

"I want you to go back to the Enterprise with Thomas." says Jalam, "And replace Will with Thomas."

"It'll never work." I say incredually, "Besides, I'm a friend of Commander Riker and I'd be beteraying him and Starfleet."

"It's not a request, Ro." Jalam says solemly, "If you don't..."

Suddenly I am beginning to see the dark side of the Maquis. As I only just visited occasionally, I haven't been aware of their more sordid activities. Their cause may be valid, but does the end justify the means?

Did I get that right? I'm never sure if I'm saying that back to front.

Jalam was known to be one of the very most extreme figures of the Maquis. Do the majority of leaders know about it?

"You're going back NOW, Ro." says Jalam, "You're taking Thomas with you!"

--------------

Before I can say anything to the more moderate members, I am bundled into the Da Vinci shuttle with Thomas, and we are on our way back.



"Don't worry, Ro." says Thomas, "As your new Commander, I'll treat you well for giving me a lift to the Enterprise."

Things are looking decidely tricky right now....

------------------------

Author's Note:

I'm still waiting for more entries for the Enterprise Christmas Party. See the previous post for more details.

Latest: The deadline date has been extended to Friday 30th November.

19 comments:

Shannon akaMonty said...

I can't wait to see how THIS turns out!!
I had such a crush on Riker...*sigh*

I love it when Michele sends me to say hello to you!

Lahdeedah said...

I always had a crush on Riker... especially his rogue alter egos.... maybe Thomas will be more fun!

Wolverine said...

Another Riker, ugh!

Batman said...

At least riker's double looks like him.

Vegeta said...

Donuts beware!

Superman said...

Evil Rikker As bad as Bizarro.

Unknown said...

Those new federations can be a pest!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh dear...here comes trouble...but where are the tribbles?

The Curmudgeon said...

Troi will see right through him -- but, then, this Riker might finally pop the question.

Hmmmmmm. I wonder if that puts her in a conflict?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

This Riker may not reach the Enterprise if resourceful Ro can sort things out.

After all, as Vegeta said, donuts beware. We only have so many.

Tawnya Shields said...

I personally do not think this Thomas can pull it off.

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

You know what kind of treat he is talkign about .... come on you know what he is like .... *wink wink* I know what he want to give you as a treat.






A donut!

Lavender said...

Aw Geeze, is there another look alike to be found anywhere, then she could substitute the real riker for the latest fake riker and then have him do in the first fake riker (thomas) in the holodeck with a candlestick......umm, I just confused myself! Better have a lie down....

Danny Bailey said...

Ro could always put a trail of donuts that lead back to the maquis


or start saying how Starfleet outlawed donuts

Anonymous said...

Poor Riker, being created in a transporter, is it any wonder?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Lavender, all that confounded me!

Tak, you seem to know Thomas' mind!

Serina Hope said...

Oh thank you!!! For extending the deadline!!!! You rock.

Anonymous said...

No, you got that right. It's a quote from Nicolo Machiavelli, who thought that Humans weren't the great creatures that people thought. So he wrote a book, "The Prince" about a really ruthless prince. i think Machiavelli thought that was the Ideal ruler

Anonymous said...

I would so love to help out with the party but I really am horrible with creative writing!