Saturday, April 23, 2011

TWQ: Wedding Fever

Next Friday, Prince William and Catherine Middleton get married at Westminster Abbey in London. As a result, this week's TWQ (the Weekend Question) has a wedding flavour.

Can you tell us any incidents that happened at your wedding, or at a wedding you visited? 

My answers are:

* Most of my cousins got married in the 1970's. Those were the times when brides wore short skirts and the grooms wore extra wide kipper ties. One can always tell the time period by looking at the wedding shots. Those taken in the early 1950's look like they are from ancient times.

* In the weddings I've been to, the reception is when the bride and groom's family are together...seemingly. The groom's family usually sits on one half of the hall while the the bride's sit's on the other. They then spend the rest of the night sizing each other up, usually saying they are not good enough!

Now it's over to you......

8 comments:

Linda said...

The only thing I can tell you about my wedding is that I really SHOULD have walked the other way down the aisle as my father suggested!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

gosh nothing that i can think of at the moment... i see lots of things on tv but none that i have actually been there to see.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoox

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Most of the weddings I've been to happened when I was a kid, so I don't have any that I can remember

Funny, I'm 36 and I avoid those things like the plague

... Paige said...

Wedding #1 my leg would not be still

Wedding #2 got to see about 20 criminals gang-chained walking down the hall

Wedding #3 had a guest who tried to "run" the wedding

I think every wedding has something that doesn't go according to plan.

Fly Girl said...

I've had 3 weddings all together and there's always something unexpected happening. But the most memorable was when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding. She made a friend from work her wedding coordinator who had just broken up with her fiancée. My friend didn't realize she was trying to sabotage her wedding until she tried to get us to make an entrance down a rickety staircase that would have made us all fall. We refused and the sneaky coordinator was sad for the rest of the ceremony.

Jack said...

I have a lot of wedding stories. This is one of my favorites:

My mother's uncles were Chicago cops. Their kids were suburban cops. At the wedding of one of my cousins some 20 years ago or more, an ex-boyfriend of the bride showed up somehow and he was looking for trouble. He pulled a knife out on the dance floor. That turned out to be a really stupid, stupid move. He was hustled out of there so fast very few of the guests knew what had happened. And he was handled gently....

I guess I can understand why folks might want to watch the Royal Wedding on your side of the Pond, but I was subjected to this article on the train this morning.

Unknown said...

I had the audacity to ask the Bride for a kiss at the wedding reception when I was 10 years old.
That wish was granted BTW. Some things never change! :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great wedding stories, everyone!