Monday, April 25, 2011

Picard's Log Secretary (Part One)

It's tough doing this and writing the log for the starship. It seems that nowadays I just don't have to do it.

I tell Bev this as we get up this morning.




"You have to do your personal and ship's log, Jean-Luc." Bev reminds me as I clean my teeth, "It's one of the most important jobs a ship's Captain has to do."

"I know that, sweetheart." I tell her, "But I've thought of a way round that. "I'll hire a secretary who can take my thoughts as a quote them round them ship during the day, and then compose them into suitable entries."

"You'll probably end up with an empty headed glamorous blonde who can't spell and will say something like "Is there anything you'd like me to take down for you, Captain Picard.?" Bev tells me sarcastically.

"Don't be prejudicial, Bev." I reply, "Starfleet will probably send a male who has a First in English at Oxford or Cambridge."

"We'll see." smiles Bev.

A few hours later, we are at Starbase 5, awaiting the beaming over of my new Log Secretary. Bev and I are both ready.



A statuesque blonde beams over. She is wearing a revealing white blouse and a micro-mini skirt. She also has endless legs.

"Hi!" she exclaims in an over-enthusiastic manner, "Are you Captain Picard? I'm Anna, your new Log Secretary. We're sure gonna have fun together, ain't we?

Anna gets her recorder, plus a pen and pad.

"Is there anything you'd like me to take down for you, Captain Picard?" she brightly enquires. I cringe.

Bev tries to stop laughing, but digs her elbow in my ribs every time my eyes wander to Anna's legs.

"There I was, assuming your secretary would be an empty headed glamorous blonde." Beverly comments drily, "I womnder how her version of Log entry will look?"

To be continued...

3 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

I sense disaster looming, Captain.... Beverly's laughing at your discomfort now... but for how long?

Captain's Leg, er Log, Stardate 9378.4. We have rendezvoused with the Klinging, er, Klingons at the Miniskirt, er, Miniskry Nebula. I have been looking at the... looking... um... looking at the reports from the away team and I have been impressed at the beautiful... er... professional job that the away team has done....

Unknown said...

Quite a new development!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hilarious, Curmy!