Monday, April 04, 2011

Sheena's First Birthday Party (Part One)



Guest Poster: Karena

With the first birthday party of my daughter, Karena, I'm making sure the the crew of the Rhode Island are in a celebratory mood. Every so often, I give a crew member a poke with my spear and ask them if they've bought something nice was a pressy.




"Honey!" whispers my husband Wesley Crusher, "You can't go around giving hints for people to buy presents. It's up to them to choose whether to do so."

"Well, they'd better." I reply sharply, "If they don't, they'll be off my Christmas card list and be ventilated by my spear. Hears the Captain."

Wes pleads with me not to ask Captain Hernandez to bring a present.



"Hello Karena and Wesley." Erika says with a smile, "I hope things are going well with the preparations, "Commander Hathaway and I will be looking forward to coming."

"Wes and I will be glad to see you both." I say as calmly as possible, although without my husband's restraint, I probably would have said, "Just because you and Commander Mark Hathaway are living together, don't expect one present to count."

The two of us make our way to hall where everything is being assembled. The band are practising. Right now they sound very out of tune. The catering is being laid out.

"Sheena is going to enjoy all this." Wes comments cheerily.



"We all are, Wes." I reply, "When opening timne comes, you stand by the door and make a note of all those who haven't come with a present. We'll put them on the blacklist afterwards."

Wes rolls his eyes, then goes back to our quarters to get Sheena. She is the honoured guest. One year old!

To be continued.......

4 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

At one year old, human babies tend to be more interested in the wrapping paper than in the presents within. I wonder how Amazon babies differ.

Fly Girl said...

Threats with a spear! Now that's a way to guarantee good presents..

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Curmy, the like spears mopre than anything!

Silas said...

Oh my god, there is a great deal of worthwhile data above!
car rental code | table rental nyc | Juegos De Pinguinos Gratis