Sunday, February 24, 2008

Star Trip (Part One)

"We need to maintain accuracy." insisted Admiral Harriman to me on the videophone, "This is why you, Commander Data and LaForge need to visit the tv film set."

"Is it really that important, sir?" I ask, "After all, the Galacta TV company are only making a science fiction tv series. Why should they want us three along as advisors to their pilot programme."

"It's important for Starfleet." Harriman insists, "The viewing public needs to know that care is being taken. We don't want them to think any errors they may see on 'Star Trip' the tv series are what actually happens in real life. You'll be there to put the director right."

I kow there is no way I can get out of this, even though I said that we could have a problem if an alien race invades. He casually replies, saying Riker would be able to sort it out.

--------------

The three of us arrive on the set of 'Star Trip'. Everthing looks disorganised. Suddenly I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey, it's Captain Picard, that engineer with the cool shades and the robot!"

I groan, and turn around.



It's Steven Spolberg, the director who made a mess of filming on the Enterprise last month.

"Are you directing this television series, Mr Spolberg?" I ask, thoughh I know what the answer will be.

"I sure am, Captain." he answers, "We're gonna make a hit show that will shoot to the top of the ratings. Actually, we don't need you, but Starfleet insisted on having you around. What I saw around the Enterprise will get me through."

"We'll see about that." I reply, "What's the series about?"

"It's about a group of people on a starship." replies Spolberg, "Every week, they travel around the galaxy, and save everything from total destruction."

"Sounds familiar." comments Geordi, driely.

"Let's go meet the star of the show." Spolberg says, and takes us to a cabin with a force field around it Spolberg clicks the code.

"Enter!" says a voice.

We all go in and meet the 'star'., who is looking at himself consistantly in a mirror as we speak.



"This is Rick Ruddock." says Spolberg, "He will be playing the Captain of the Pegasus, Jack Jupiter."

"I'm sure you must be thrilled to meet me." Ruddock answers, "However I am not signing any autographs right now. It's imperative that I don't injure my hand."

"I've never heard of him." Geordi whispers in my ear. I indicate quietly that I never have either.
Ruddock goes back to looking in his mirror, and asks Spolberg who his first love interest is.

"It's J'Laya" Spolberg answers. Ruddock seems satisfied.

Spolberg informs us that it is written in Rick Ruddock's contract that he has a different woman to fall in love with every week, and that he has more lines to say than his other colleagues".

"That could cause some friction in the cast of actors." observes Data.

"Who cares?" Ruddock answers, "I'm the star!"

We leave the cabin. I make the point that it unrealistic for a Captain to fall in love with a different woman every week.

"That may be so, Captain." Data reminds me, "However in the 23rd Century, Captain James T Kirk had a different love interest every few days."

"You're right, Data." I reply, "However, we are here to see that this show looks realistic. Shooting starts tomorrow, so let's be ready for it."

To be continued...

27 comments:

Bob-kat said...

Poor Captain! Mind you, you have to feel sorry for that Rick Ruddock, after all the pen is mightier than the sword so you cna understand how it might casue him injury if he did use it :)

Michele sent me over to say Star Trip sounds kinda familiar... :)

Tricia said...

LOL Steven Spolberg! Good luck with the filming of Star Trip. ;)

The Heroslayer said...

nothing I can see wrong

Superman said...

this can't end well.

Amanda said...

This is going to be fun!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh no! Not him again!

Lori said...

Steven Spolberg......Too Funny!!!

Have a great day!!!

The Curmudgeon said...

I am almost positive that Starfleet is going to be none too pleased with the final product here.

Jana said...

Clearly Spolberg is not concerned with realism. At all.

Linda said...

Oh dear, I get the feeling that this is going to have "bad" written all over it!

Ellee Seymour said...

I wish I could be in this film, it sounds fun.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Ellee, I'm sure there is a part in 'Star Trip' for you, but it might be is Rick Ruddock's love interest for the week.

Linda, you may very well be right!

Heather said...

This should be good for a great laugh...BTW I realized how many members of my church are closet trekkies when the church elder visited a few weeks ago. She said, "People tend to resist change" and I swear half the congregation said as one, "resistance is futile." It just made me feel even more at home...

dragonflyfilly said...

it feels like deja vue here, mon Kapitano (???)

Gordon said...

Why do I have the feeling captain that this is not going to end well that there will be a "real life" mutiny on board and that the "captain" will be shipped straight to the brig.
Now where did I put that plasma conduit multi-purpose wrench I got..

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Does Captain Jupiter get to do a fight scene every week featuring forward roll/double ax handle punch to the stomach combonation? 'Cuz that would be cool.

Justice said...

ohhh this should be a cool show if you three can keep the director in line

Vampirella said...

does he loose his shirt on every episode?

Galen said...

So will q help you again this time?
because if the Director gives you trouble just tell him you will call q again

PI said...

So that's why Spolberg opted out of the China Olympic thingy?

Inertia said...

It wasn't that good a show.

captain corky said...

"However in the 23rd Century, Captain James T Kirk had a different love interest every few days."

Ah... the good ol' days.

Mother Jones RN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mother Jones RN said...

Captain, perhaps this would be a good time to hire an agent, and get a part in the movie.

“I’m ready for my close up, Mr. Spolberg.”

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Mother Jones, as yiou see from Part 2, it's not me that gets into the tv series.

Heather, great story!

Vampirella, he ought to, hadn't he?

Jon, I'm not sure if Ruddock would do many fight scenes as it could ruffle his hair.

Michael Manning said...

That mirror!

Anonymous said...

豆豆聊天室 aio交友愛情館 2008真情寫真 2009真情寫真 aa片免費看 捷克論壇 微風論壇 大眾論壇 plus論壇 080視訊聊天室 情色視訊交友90739 美女交友-成人聊天室 色情小說 做愛成人圖片區 豆豆色情聊天室 080豆豆聊天室 小辣妹影音交友網 台中情人聊天室 桃園星願聊天室 高雄網友聊天室 新中台灣聊天室 中部網友聊天室 嘉義之光聊天室 基隆海岸聊天室 中壢網友聊天室 南台灣聊天室 南部聊坊聊天室 台南不夜城聊天室 南部網友聊天室 屏東網友聊天室 台南網友聊天室 屏東聊坊聊天室 雲林網友聊天室 大學生BBS聊天室 網路學院聊天室 屏東夜語聊天室 孤男寡女聊天室 一網情深聊天室 心靈饗宴聊天室 流星花園聊天室 食色男女色情聊天室 真愛宣言交友聊天室 情人皇朝聊天室 上班族成人聊天室 上班族f1影音視訊聊天室 哈雷視訊聊天室 080影音視訊聊天室 38不夜城聊天室 援交聊天室080 080哈啦聊天室 台北已婚聊天室 已婚廣場聊天室 夢幻家族聊天室 摸摸扣扣同學會聊天室 520情色聊天室 QQ成人交友聊天室 免費視訊網愛聊天室 愛情公寓免費聊天室 拉子性愛聊天室 柔情網友聊天室 哈啦影音交友網 哈啦影音視訊聊天室 櫻井莉亞三點全露寫真集 123上班族聊天室 尋夢園上班族聊天室 成人聊天室上班族 080上班族聊天室 6k聊天室 粉紅豆豆聊天室 080豆豆聊天網 新豆豆聊天室 080聊天室 免費音樂試聽 流行音樂試聽 免費aa片試看A片 免費a長片線上看 色情貼影片 免費a長片 本土成人貼圖站 大台灣情色網 台灣男人幫論壇 A圖網 嘟嘟成人電影網 火辣春夢貼圖網 情色貼圖俱樂部 台灣成人電影 絲襪美腿樂園 18美女貼圖區 柔情聊天網 707網愛聊天室聯盟 台北69色情貼圖區 38女孩情色網 台灣映像館 波波成人情色網站 美女成人貼圖區 無碼貼圖力量 色妹妹性愛貼圖區 日本女優貼圖網 日本美少女貼圖區 亞洲風暴情色貼圖網 哈啦聊天室 美少女自拍貼圖 辣妹成人情色網 台北女孩情色網 辣手貼圖情色網 AV無碼女優影片 男女情色寫真貼圖 a片天使俱樂部 萍水相逢遊戲區 平水相逢遊戲區 免費視訊交友90739 免費視訊聊天 辣妹視訊 - 影音聊天網 080視訊聊天室 日本美女肛交 美女工廠貼圖區 百分百貼圖區 亞洲成人電影情色網 台灣本土自拍貼圖網 麻辣貼圖情色網 好色客成人圖片貼圖區 711成人AV貼圖區 台灣美女貼圖區 筱萱成人論壇 咪咪情色貼圖區 momokoko同學會視訊 kk272視訊 情色文學小站 成人情色貼圖區 嘟嘟成人網 嘟嘟情人色網 - 貼圖區 免費色情a片下載 台灣情色論壇 成人影片分享 免費視訊聊天區 微風 成人 論壇 kiss文學區 taiwankiss文學區