Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Spock And Lwaxana (Part Two)

The Kalaran authorities have just informed us that Ambassadors Spock and Lwaxana have not arrived at the planet for the peace talks between the two sides on their planet.

The two could have been kidnapped by the other side as to prevent the peace talks going on.

If so, the Enterprise will have to rescue them...and rescue Spock from the clutches of Lwaxana Troi. I noticed how the man-mad Betazoid was eyeing the Vulcan as a prospective husband.

I'm glad she's moved on from me!

Deanna comes up to me, looking distraught.



"Captain!" she exclaims, "Why aren't you doing more to find my mother? She could be suffering untold agonies at the hands of ruthless kidnappers."

More likely it's them that will be doing the suffering, if I know Lwaxana Troi. I turn to Deanna.

"Try to relax, Counselor." I tell her, "We are doing all we can, and will soon get to the point the Columbus was sighted.

------------

We find the shuttle floating in mid-space, with no occupants.

"It appears another ship was here." Data informs us, "The particle emission drive leading away tells us that it comes from the Kalaran Grel side, whom we suspected."

"Can we follow the trial and catch up with the ship?" Riker asks.

"Affirmative, Commander."

"Then make it so."

I hate it when we have to talk in standard Starfleet text. I can barely understand what I'm saying when I do. I'd love to just say "Catch up with the aliens and give them what for." Sadly I'd be drummed out of Starfleet if I did.

--------------

We travel at Warp Nine (or very fast), and soon the particle emission drive trail becomes stronger.

"Captain." says an increasingly annoying Deanna, "If we are not careful, the kidnappers could see us and injure my mother!"



"Don't worry, Deanna." I try to tell her, as the Counselor is grabbing my shoulder, "The Kalaran Grel base is is small planet in this solar system. We will go in with a shuttle where that anomoly is. That should confuse their sensors."

That's just gibberish, of couse. What I really mean is, of course, is I hope they are not looking.

To be continued...

11 comments:

Jen said...

I hope they get together, that would be HILARIOUS to watch ;-)

Amanda said...

Captain, you're the master at the standard Star Trek speak!

Linda said...

Plain English is so much easier to understand and, I'm sure, speak but it just doesn't have that same flare that we're used to hearing from you, mon Capitan!

Tawnya Shields said...

Stopping by to say hello and wishing you a Happy Yuletide. :o)

November Rain said...

oh man I have missed two wonderful parts because of this move and stuff

must catch up

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hey Captain, hope you are well.
Just dropping by to say HI, and to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and Happy New Year.
Hope to drop by more often in the new Year.
Take care, Meow

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh dear...I feel more trouble coming

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Happy Christmas Connie & Titania!

Anonymous said...

First Captain, I am soo sorry I didn't get a chance to join the cool party this month! I was too busy planning for a baby Klingon shower! Anyway, anomoly reminds me of MONOPOLY! Can we change that to Where that Monopoly is? :)

Unknown said...

Captain: "Don't worry Deanna" indeed! :D

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Mrs M, we missed you at the party. Sure, we could change it to 'Monopoly'. Is Park Lane or the Old Kent Road there? (British version)