Thursday, September 20, 2007

Planning The Christmas Party

Now that my mind has been put back together again, we can get to some serious Enterprise business. I call a conference of the senior staff.

"As it is September." I inform them, "The time has come for us to start planning the Enterprise Christmas Party."

A slight groan comes up, as if to say "Already?"

"It is essential that we plan this well in advance" I continue, "So that everything is well sorted out."

"Are we going to have The Strolling Drones here again?" asks Worf, "It was very hard for security having them and the other Borg here acting as waiters last year."



"That will not take place." Seven Of Nine tells us, "They have already been booked by The Borg Queen to play at Varga VII in the Delta Quadrant to celebrate the fact we have turned the entire planet's population into Borg drones.

I wince at this, but am secretly glad the drones will not be serving this year. All that made me nervous.

"Well, what shall we do?" Riker says, and everybody starts thinking, hoping they will come up with a brainwave.

"In the Terran Empire." comments T'Pol, "We could get citizens of a planet we had just conquered and order us to serve us in a Christmas Party. Strangely enough, we always seemed to suffer from stomach poisoning afterwards."



"What about The Sands?" asks Deanna, "We could use the holographic nightclub that we have as a venue.

There are a few nods of approval. It doesn't sound a bad idea.

"We could have Vic Fontaine as a host, and we call all go in a typical 1960's Las Vegas nightclub setting." she continues.

More murmurs of approval. I think we've found our venue this year.

"Other holographic characters employed by the club can handle the catering and serve the drinks." Geordi observes.

"...and we can all go in gorgeous slinky Vegas dresses!" Beverly comments, with a slight wink at me, "Ideal for all those romantic dances."

"So when will it start?" Ro Laren asks, "We want all the Guests we have to be ready."

"It'll probably start on Monday 3rd December." I tell her, "But when it finishes, will be when we all run out of energy."

"Great!" Jadzia says with a smile, "I'll be sorting out my party dress. You'll love what I choose, Worf."

Worf manages a slight Klingon smile.

"That's all for now." I say, "We'll have an update later on."

Author's note:

Jana has given me this beautiful Award:



Thanks so much, Jana. It's lovely!

28 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

Ye gads! Christmas so soon?

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous award, and you deserve it.

Yes Curmudgeon, Christmas comes round quickly, I have already seen shoppers buying mince pies.

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

*crosses fingers*

I hope I get an invite, I hope I get an invite.

Lavender said...

And I thought it was bad when I saw 2008 calenders out already LOL! (and I knew I had to buy one, as they will be rare as hens teeth by the time the year begins...sheesh!)
Anyhow, Deeannas' hit on a winner of an idea - clever gal.
Congrats on your Nice Matters Award Captain - well deserved!

Unknown said...

Aww. I like The Strolling Drones!

Linda said...

I want to go! I want to go!

I'll mark December 3rd on my calendar!

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, congrats to you on the well deserved award. Now, I truly have no preference as to where the Christmas party will be but...........I definitely want an invite. :-)

Jana said...

Looking forward to the party this year, as always! I'll have to beam in from Disney World, as that's where I'll be the first week of Dec! Assuming I'm invited, of course!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award, you deserve it!

Stores should be putting out their Christmas trees, ornaments, and gift displays any day now. 'Tis the season!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the award.
And merry Christmas to the enterprise if I can be of service my shuttle is ready :)

Serina Hope said...

You do deserve that award.
And I agree with everyone else. I want to go to that party!

Kili said...

It's not even October yet...

Fluke Starbucker said...

Christmas decor seems to come out earlier and earlier every year.

Amanda said...

Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

I see you are putting everyone in the festive mood.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

planning the Christmas party? Already?

ACK!

susan said...

Well done Jean-Luc.

christmas already, I guess I ought to get knitting that jumper then I can start on the christmas sock pressies.

Karen said...

Congrats - the first mention of Christmas on a blog this season. You win!

Have a great day - Michele sent me!

BreadBox said...

In which time zone?
Congrats on nice matters award!
Michele sent me,
N.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

This is all for you to plan, of course.

Everybody is invited. I have just set the place it will be held (in the holodeck in a 1960's Vegas style setting, with Vic Fontaine the host).

Remember, you will be sending your entries about what happens from your viewpoint when you go.

More details will come nearer the time. This was a preliminary notice.

pilgrimchick said...

You can't beat a good party on the Enterprise. Too bad there weren't more festivities associate with "Captain Picard Day."

Robin said...

Don't you plan christmas early? The only thing I plan that far in advance is what type of shot I'm having.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I totally plan on being there. Of course, I promise to be on my best behavior, nobody wants a repeat of last year's "incidentn" do we?

Nepharia said...

It *can't* be approaching Christmas already. I am still in the service of Palpatine. I wonder if he'll miss me if I take an unscheduled leave of absence....hmmmm

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the idea of it going until everyone runs out of energy! That's the way to have a real Christmas party!

JLP, I started a new blog. I tried to find an email on your site to send an invitation, but couldn't. If you would like an invite, email me at hollygl@att.net, and I'll get one right to you.

eastcoastlife said...

Oooo.... a Christmas Party! I look forward to that. Woah, time flies.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Holly (and everyone else), my e mail is here on my Journal under the sidebar heading 'Secure Channel'.

TX said...

I am looking forward to Xmas with Seven