Thursday, August 17, 2006

Prelude To Shore Leave

The senior staff are having a meeting before we all go on our Shore Leave. The Enterprise is being cleaned out. After millions of miles though space, the ship needs it!

Especially with the Bolian lavatorial habits; I don't think I'll mention that.

"We'll everybody" I say, to open the meeting, "What are you all going to do in the time you are away from the Enterprise?"

"I'll be visiting my old friends on Deep Space Nine" replies Jadzia, "I'll be taking Worfie...I mean Lieutenant Worf along with me, as he's always wanted to have a good look around."

Worf looks a little embarassed, as if Jadzia has told us something she shouldn't have done.

"Err..yes....I shall be going with Lieutenant Dax." he declares rather formally.

"How about you, Data" asks Riker, "Going to have some fun?"

"No, Commander" he replies, "I shall be going to a lecture on quantum field mechanics and biogenic research."

"Wow, Data" laughs Beverly, "You know how to have a good time!"

"Well my girlfriend Jennifer Baxter will be going along with me." he informs us.

"You know how to look after a lady!" remarks Deanna.

Data looks confused.

"What about you, Geordi?" asks Riker, "Will you be going anywhere with Trisha Lewis?"

"Absolutely!" he tells us, "We are going to the Rigel IV pleasure planet"

"Isn't it the height of the tourist season?" asks Beverley, "Will you be able to get in?"

"We booked it months ago" assures Geordi, "It'll be Fun City, Arizona!"

"What about you, Beverly?" I ask. I'd like her to say she isn't doing anything, but Wes always gets her away at holidays.

"I'm going to have to check up on Wes" she replies, "I've been worried about him ever since Karena, the Amazonian girl from Wondawowman chosen him to be her servant at the Academy."

"I'll be off to the headquarters of the Maquis" says Ensign Ro, "They are planning a lovely holiday package for a tour around the Bajoran moons."

"Will and I will be going to Betazed" states Deanna, "We've got to tell my mother that we'll be getting married when we feel like it, and not when she decides."

"I shall be visiting the Borg Cube Unimatrix 01" Seven tells us, "I need to present my latest report to the Borg Queen and tell her whether you should be assimilated yet. Then I can have a few days rest in my alcove."

We all look uneasy for a few moments.

"What about you, Captain?" asks Deanna, "Where will you be going?"

"I shall be resting in a quiet hotel in Torquay, England, where a lovely breakfast is served. Lots of places to see, and also some peace and quiet."

"What about your Journal?" asks Riker.

"I'll give my Intern something to put in it on Saturday." I reply.

"How much do you pay your Intern?" inquires Beverly.

"Sssh!" I reply, "He doesn't know I should pay him. Meeting closed; have a good vacation, everyone."

22 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

"He [my intern] doesn't know I should pay him. Meeting closed; have a good vacation, everyone."

Hmmmm. I'm beginning to wonder if Messrs. Stubbins and Smith had a point.

But have a nice vacation anyway, Captain.

Osquer said...

I looked up intern in the Encyclopedia Galactica and it said, "see Indentured Servant."

Sounds like a nice relaxing shore leave, Captain! *sigh* I wish I could get across the pond to England again! I only saw a bit of London, but I loved it! Made me want to explore the whole country!

aug said...

*start sitcom mode*

EVERYONE i know, for real and online, is going some place GLORIOUS, except ME!

*end sitcom mode and enter normal mode*

oh, and btw, have a lovely guilt-free vacation in torquay, captain...

Anonymous said...

If the hotel in Torquay is owned by a guy called Fawlty, don't order the Waldorf Salad & definitely don't mention the war!

Anonymous said...

It seems like only yesterday you went to Torquay. I've been there! Cute coves. Are you going to Rick Stein's restaurant? He's serving Klingon salad now!

Ciera said...

have fun Jean-Luc!

merlyn said...

Oh Captain, have a glorious time, come back refreshed and happy.

watch out for the Borg though...

Jaime said...

Have a wonderful vacation, Captain! I hope it's relaxing and refreshing!!

Renee said...

Sorry Beverly wasn't available Captain! Hope you enjoy your vacation anyway!

Nic said...

I think I like your vaycay the best dear Captain. I hope that you have a wonderful R&R and return ready to take on the next batch of problems.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It's good to hear that you on the ship see some shore once in a while. I thought it was all the ship for the rest of your lives.
Thanks for dropping by.

Miss Cellania said...

Those interns always get screwed, don't they? (snark)

Florence Forrest said...

Have a lovely trip, Captain. We'll all be here when you get back :D

Paperback Writer said...

I'd like to go on vacation...

emi said...

Thanks for your kind words and visit to my boring blog. Have a refreshing vacation. I hope you post pictures again. The last ones were great.

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Can it really be called a vacation if you are in England? You'll be stuck with all those English people and tehy are all so, well, English. LOL

No, really have a good time. I hope to hit a B&B in the fall without the lil' clones.

dragonflyfilly said...

hmmmm, breakfast....my favourite meal of the day, if it includes mango, and eggs Benedict...and maybe, if we are celebrating, a little bit of Champaign, (but of course, it Must be Mumms!)...have a wonderful trip,

cheers for now,
pj

Professor Xavier said...

I hear Torquay is quite lovely. But if your reservations are at the Fawlty Towers, I'd change them as quickly as possible.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks for all your good wishes, my friends; it's a pleasure knowing you all.

Trinity13 said...

Have a fantastic time Capt...you deserve it!!!

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Echo the words of the choir..Have a great vacation, and enjoy your trip. We look forward to your safe return.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Torquay, captain. Come down to Dartmouth if you get time, it's regatta time again!