Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Timeship Terrapin (Part Two)

I'm now back on the Bridge of the Enterprise after my chat with Captain Gordon and Lieutenant Arden on the Federation Timeship Terrapin.

There's a dangerous Brakenese fanatic named Tega who has escaped from the 30th Century and will try to sabotage the Zarn/Braken Peace Conference that is about to start on Tarsal IV.

As things would be, I'm the only one who can stop him. It's at times like this I wish I was on vacation.

I discreetly talk to Lieutenant Worf, and give Tega's description to him; tough, with long wild hair and a manic look.

"What has he done, sir?" asks Worf.

"I can't tell you that, Mr Worf." I reply, "He's a danger, and your security teams need to be on the lookout for him while the conference goes on."

Worf looks puzzled, as he always does when he hasn't got enough information, but circulates the description to the team.

---------------------

Shortly after, I beam down in my best Captain's outfit, that I had cleaned in the laundry last night; with me is Deanna, Riker, Worf and Crewman Jenkins. I figured we might need a spare man for this, in the best traditions that had been practised by Captain James T. Kirk.

Before the conference starts, all the delegates are drinking, getting ready for the impending talks. The Zarn representatives are all very friendly to the Brakenese; not long ago it would have been a fight to the death.

I am looking pleased with everything, as I know I'll get the credit if all goes well; however, inside I am feeling uneasy that Tega may be somewhere about. If he succeeds, it'll play havoc with my Starfleet pension.

I use the communicator to talk to Worf.

"Everything all right, Mr Worf?"

"Yes, sir, no sign of the man you describe." he answers.

"Captain." says Deanna, "I sense great unease in you, as if you feel something bad will happen; surely this will be a time of great joy?"

"Just a little nervous, Counselor." I reply. Deanna looks suspicious.

I then go to talk to Crewman Jenkins on my Com. No reply. I try again and alert Worf with the Security team.

Eventually, we find Jenkins lying unconscious in the bushes away from the conference area; his uniform is missing, but wearing a prison outfit.

"What is going on here?" asks Worf.

"Temporal Prime Directive." I say to him, using the line Captain Gordon tried on me. It's actually quite effective, as no one questions it anymore.

"Just be on the lookout for the man I told you about." I tell him, Riker and Deanna, "He'll be wearing a Crewman's uniform; he's dangerous."

With the conference due to start in a few moments, we've got to find Tega. I'm not letting him spoil my chance of getting brownie points with Starfleet.

As the delegates assembe at the conference table, I see a tough tall man with long hair and a manic look in a Crewman's uniform that is too small for him; he's got a phaser and is aiming it at the Zarn representative.

I get my phaser and zap him quickly, like the marshal in a lawless wild west town.

Everything changes; I am back on the Terrapin. The body of Tega is next to me.

"Well done, Captain Picard." says Gordon, "The impending timeline disruption has been saved, and everything can now go on."

"Very adequate." sniffs Lieutenant Arden.

I guess there's no pleasing some people.

"We'll send you back to the conference now, Captain." says Gordon, "It will be a great success, but remember the Temporal Prime Directive."

How can I forget? I think I'll use it as a reply when I can't think of a good answer.

23 comments:

heather said...

yes, an awesome retort for every confusing situation! i will try to use it myself.

Merlyn Gabriel said...

The old Expendable crewman trick... I suppose that's your universe's answer to Lord Vaer's force choke... a good way of weedingout the weak and inefficiant. (Was he wearing red by any chance?)

TPD - I shall have to remember that...*giggle*

May I ask, Captain, does it not get confusing zipping about time like that? I should think it was enough to give one a sarlacc sized headache.

I hope you have plenty of asperin on board!

-merly

Florence said...

Its all about being at the right place at the right time, isn't it.

Perhaps you could accumulate a set of "Captain Excuses" like AskANinja has. What would Your top 5 be?

no_average_girl said...

Congrats, Captain! Hope you get many brownie points from Starflee for it!!!

emi said...

Poor Jenkins, at least he was only naked and unconscious! The Expendable Man is usually, err, expended.

Well done, Cappy!

Lahdeedah said...

I really enjoy this site.

After finding Jenkins, though, and seeing his clothing was stolen, wouldn't it just have been easier to shoot all the red-shirts? I think that would have been more expedient.

August said...

it was also pretty decent of tega to clothe jenkins in his (tega's) prison outfit. i suppose it was to protect jenkins' modesty.

tega can't be all bad, eh?

Miss Cellania said...

"Very adequate." Almost an oxymoron, talk about damning with faint praise! I'll have to file that one away for future zingers.

Vampirella said...

why do I get the feeling that there is nothing you can do to please Arden


oh well I can make you some brownies if Starfleet wont

Trinity13 said...

Way to go Capt!!!

Wedge Antillies said...

You are such a cowboy (buckaroo), Captain. Congrats on completing your mission.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Merlyn, I agree; one should have an aspirin for time travel.

Florence, 5 Captain's excuses is a good list. 'Temporal Prime Directive' is right at the top.

No Average Girl, Starfleet never seem to bestow many brownie points.

Emi, Jenkins was wearing a prison uniform.

Lahdeedah, shooting redshirts is not a good idea, as red is the Command colour.

Miss Cellania, I look forward to seeing more oxymorons.

Vampi, Arden does seem hard to please.

By the way no one spotted the names of Captain Gordon & Lietenant Arden....those surnames were obtained from Flash Gordon & Dale Arden

Jen said...

Well done! I always enjoy your stories :-)

You're right, it was the Manson Family!

Me said...

Did you twirl that phaser in your fingers and blow on the end like a real cowboy when you were done zapping the bad guy? Good shot Captain.

Professor Xavier said...

You could always slip back in time and prevent Arden's parents from meeting. Problem solved.

Paperback Writer said...

Good shot Captain!

Osquer said...

Nice shootin', Tex!

Viamarie said...

Great job! Enjoyed reading your post.

Happy Thursday.

Radical One said...

vacation? um, yea i think that's what i would have done! hehe

and as always, thanks for your kind and encouraging comments!

blessings!
lisa

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

The Temproal Prime Directive is kinda bogus. It one of those thing people use when thay dont want to work, like saying I got the flu or my grandma died again.


Good job!

burningflame said...

30th century! and here I'm living in the 10th. I'm always behind! :o

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Perhaps I can say "Temporal Prime Directive" to my manager if I'm late for the office, or if I do something wrong?

Anonymous said...

豆豆聊天室 aio交友愛情館 2008真情寫真 2009真情寫真 aa片免費看 捷克論壇 微風論壇 大眾論壇 plus論壇 080視訊聊天室 情色視訊交友90739 美女交友-成人聊天室 色情小說 做愛成人圖片區 豆豆色情聊天室 080豆豆聊天室 小辣妹影音交友網 台中情人聊天室 桃園星願聊天室 高雄網友聊天室 新中台灣聊天室 中部網友聊天室 嘉義之光聊天室 基隆海岸聊天室 中壢網友聊天室 南台灣聊天室 南部聊坊聊天室 台南不夜城聊天室 南部網友聊天室 屏東網友聊天室 台南網友聊天室 屏東聊坊聊天室 雲林網友聊天室 大學生BBS聊天室 網路學院聊天室 屏東夜語聊天室 孤男寡女聊天室 一網情深聊天室 心靈饗宴聊天室 流星花園聊天室 食色男女色情聊天室 真愛宣言交友聊天室 情人皇朝聊天室 上班族成人聊天室 上班族f1影音視訊聊天室 哈雷視訊聊天室 080影音視訊聊天室 38不夜城聊天室 援交聊天室080 080哈啦聊天室 台北已婚聊天室 已婚廣場聊天室 夢幻家族聊天室 摸摸扣扣同學會聊天室 520情色聊天室 QQ成人交友聊天室 免費視訊網愛聊天室 愛情公寓免費聊天室 拉子性愛聊天室 柔情網友聊天室 哈啦影音交友網 哈啦影音視訊聊天室 櫻井莉亞三點全露寫真集 123上班族聊天室 尋夢園上班族聊天室 成人聊天室上班族 080上班族聊天室 6k聊天室 粉紅豆豆聊天室 080豆豆聊天網 新豆豆聊天室 080聊天室 免費音樂試聽 流行音樂試聽 免費aa片試看A片 免費a長片線上看 色情貼影片 免費a長片 本土成人貼圖站 大台灣情色網 台灣男人幫論壇 A圖網 嘟嘟成人電影網 火辣春夢貼圖網 情色貼圖俱樂部 台灣成人電影 絲襪美腿樂園 18美女貼圖區 柔情聊天網 707網愛聊天室聯盟 台北69色情貼圖區 38女孩情色網 台灣映像館 波波成人情色網站 美女成人貼圖區 無碼貼圖力量 色妹妹性愛貼圖區 日本女優貼圖網 日本美少女貼圖區 亞洲風暴情色貼圖網 哈啦聊天室 美少女自拍貼圖 辣妹成人情色網 台北女孩情色網 辣手貼圖情色網 AV無碼女優影片 男女情色寫真貼圖 a片天使俱樂部 萍水相逢遊戲區 平水相逢遊戲區 免費視訊交友90739 免費視訊聊天 辣妹視訊 - 影音聊天網 080視訊聊天室 日本美女肛交 美女工廠貼圖區 百分百貼圖區 亞洲成人電影情色網 台灣本土自拍貼圖網 麻辣貼圖情色網 好色客成人圖片貼圖區 711成人AV貼圖區 台灣美女貼圖區 筱萱成人論壇 咪咪情色貼圖區 momokoko同學會視訊 kk272視訊 情色文學小站 成人情色貼圖區 嘟嘟成人網 嘟嘟情人色網 - 貼圖區 免費色情a片下載 台灣情色論壇 成人影片分享 免費視訊聊天區 微風 成人 論壇 kiss文學區 taiwankiss文學區