Thursday, January 05, 2006

Lost And Found

Today, I put my entry in for Vampirella's Dance Competition. Click her blog to find out how well Beverly and I did!

--------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------

The Enterprise is heading at maximum warp to a small planet named Orion 3 on the rim of the Alpha Quadrant. Aliens have reported thar a colony of humans has been sighted there.

"A colony of humans could not be on the planet." states Data in his best know-it-all voice. We have not established a group anywhere in that sector. The aliens must be mistaken."

"Nonetheless, Mr Data, it is up to us to investigate."

Two hours later, we had arrived.

"Planet Orion 3" Data announces. "Standard Orbit"

As if there is any other sort we use when we get to a planet!

"Where is commander Riker?" I ask the computer.

"Commander Riker is in Ten Forward."

I called him on the Com, "Put that donut down, Number One, we need to go on an away mission."

"How did you know I was..?" asks Riker.

"You always are" I reply. "It'll be the Enterprise gym for you when we get back."

"Captain." Data informs me, "I've done a scan of the planet surface, and it confirms there are over 40 humans in a small island area. There are also remnants of a 21st century aeroplane there."

"intriguing"

Myself, Riker, Data, Beverly, and Deanna prepare for the away mission and beamed down to where the plane is.

We analyse the plane.

"This is the remnants of a plane that disappeared on it's way from Sydney to Los Angeles in the early 21st Century. It was never found." Data tells us.

"Hey! Who are you!" says a few voices behind us.

.

A group of assorted individuals come out behind the trees.

"I'm Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise." I announce in my usual assertive voice.

"Hey! A spaceman, doc. That's all we need."

"Keep a lid on it, Sawyer!"

"Let's hear what the man has to say" says one woman.

"You would say that, freckles. Are you starting to like bald men instead of the doctor? What till Jack hears about that!"

"Maybe he knows how well the Driveshaft album sales are doing." says one young man.

"I don't care" sniffs a young blonde woman, "I'm going to do some more sunbathing."

"I think he is here to help us" says one bald man. "These people have come a long way. We should listen to them."

"I agree, Locke." delares another, who appeared to be the leader, "How did you get here; we didn't see your boat? Did you fly here?"

"Er..sort of..." I say. This was going to be a tough one. I don't there was a class for dealing with this sort of thing.

"I'm Jack" he announces, "Can you tell us what's going on? You said you were from a STARship?
"Well, what year do you think it is?" I ask him.

"2005 of course" he replies.

"Welcome to the 24th Century. You're on the Planet Orion 3 on the rim of the Alpha Quadrant" I tell them.

There was a stunned silence.

"Hey dude, you're putting us on." comments one rather large man, "You'll have to do better than that.

"It seems your areoplane passed through a space/time vortex during your flight and crash landed on this planet." Data tells them.

"Oh, man, that's just great!" sneers Sawyer, "A world full of ray guns and robots. I ain't ready for that. Although the women ain't bad." he looks at Deanna and Beverly approvingly, much to the annoyance of Riker and myself.

"We can introduce you into 24th Century ways" tells Deanna.

The group go into a huddled discussion; take a few looks at us, shake their heads and carry on talking. Eventually, Jack comes towards us.

"Sorry, Captain." he tells us, "we've unanimously decided to stay here. We reckon that by staying here we can escape the same way we came and through the space/time vortex and back to the 21st Century."

We beam back, leaving the humans there.

"Do you think they will find a way back home, Captain?" asks Riker.

"I don't know, Number One, but they look such an odd sort, they'll either escape or drive each other crazy."

21 comments:

no_average_girl said...

poor people who were stuck in 2005...if only they would've known what was waiting for them. what i wouldn't give for their opportunity to step foot on the enterprise!

V. Shay said...

Hey, thanks for commenting at my blog!

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Hi! I found your blog through "Hill of Beans". Nice blog.

Jardena said...

Good job in the dance competition.

As for those people, you're probably better off leaving them on that island. Did you bring Worf or Data, that would have messed with them some. They probably needed the excitment.

Running2Ks said...

This is hilarious! It explains soooo much :)

eph2810 said...

pretty cool blog :)

Wendy directed me here...

Jen said...

Hey, maybe you cast swing by and pick up Gilligan et al on your next trip? ;-)

Off to check out out the dance competition!

Ciera said...

Too funny!

Jaime said...

Hilarious, Captain!!

It's just not a complete day without my daily update on life on the Enterprise!

Trinity13 said...

I vote for driving each other crazy!

Master Yoda said...

Everything about that show this answers!

... No wait, even more confusing it is now.

Unknown said...

I miss TNG. I like this new funnier version though!

Ciera said...

oh yeah----tell Riker to leave my donuts alone---they're mine and I'm saving them for a special occasion! grrrr....

Jana said...

Great explanation!

Shelley said...

Oh my goodness you're talking about my favorite show. WHEE! I tried to read it again but keep getting stuck on the picture. I will re-read your post after I wipe the drool off my chin. Love Sawyer/Josh Holloay. Oops, I lost my train of thought....

Are you planning to make a guest appearance on the show? That would be so awesome. Have a great day!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

It's like when Voyager found Amelia Earhart. Careful, don't let those people jump a shark...

craziequeen said...

CLASSIC! Love that!

btw - TAG, you're It!

cq

Professor Xavier said...

The interesting thing about life is that rarely do you realize when you are in the midst of a pivital, life-defining moment. Only by shinning the light of Time on events can we ever tell when a certain experience is truly significant or completely banal.

What I'm saying is, tune in tomorrow for the answer.

MarkD60 said...

I would have stayed there too!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Who knows? In the last episode, this may well be the answer.

A welcome to those new people who visited here.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is great, Jean-Luc...LOL, LOL...Better than the actual show! I haven't watched it much, but I like your take on it very very much! May The Force Be With You..(OOOOPS that's the wrong slogan...sorry..)

Here from The Planet Michele, this morning!