Thursday, December 29, 2005

Planning For New Year's Eve

I've had to call an Emergency Meeting of the senior staff in the Briefing Room.

Is there an alien invasion that threatens to destroy the Federation?

No, it seems there is a problem with the party planned for New Year's Eve on the Enterprise.

"What is the difficulty?" I ask Riker, who is the Party Organiser.

"Well, Captain, it seems that we cannot get Sid Starr to return for the occasion, as he is already booked at the Starfleet Officers Retirement Home. I suppose we just assumed he'd be free to attend."

"Maybe it's a good thing." suggests Geordi, "We could do with a band that's a little more hip for New Year's Eve. The only sort of hip Sid was is artificial hip."

Everybody laughs in a supressed way, except Data, who looks puzzled. Eventually he says, "Ah, artificial hip!" and gives a robotic stuttering laugh.

"What are we going to do?" inquires Beverly.

"How about a Klingon band?" suggests Worf.

"Though it's an idea," answers Riker, "They can tend to sing Klingon ballads and tell tales of how good everything used to be when Kahless was around."

"Are you suggesting that is wrong?" Worf answers angrily.

"Er, no." Riker says quickly, "But they are not suitable for a New Year's Eve party."

"Will" asks Deanna, "Do you know just who IS available?"

"I've made a lot of enquiries" he says, "And all the bands are either booked out to starships or Federation planets. The only one available is Dan Dreg and his group The Dregs Of Society."

"I've heard about them, Number One." I tell him, "They have a very bad reputation, ending up in jail. They verbally abuse all the audience that see them."

"The whole of Vulcan went into a month-long meditation after they had played a concert there. It sent them into shock." Data tells us.

"How about a holographic band in one of the holodecks?" suggests Beverly.

"I don't think that would work." answers Geordi, "It's like good food; the people will want the real thing, rather than a replica."

"Well," Riker imforms us all, "We either employ The Dregs Of Society or The New Year's Eve party is cancelled."

I check with everyone else, who each think the event is necessary for crew morale.

"In that case, Commander Riker," I reluctantly say, "Contact Dan Dreg and tell him we want his band to play on the Enterprise on that date."

"Yes, sir."

As the others file out of the Briefing Room, I ask Worf to stay behind for a moment.

"Mr Worf," I tell him, "Make sure your Security team are on standby while the evening is going on, and keep the Brig ready for use. I've a feeling it may be in use that night, and who it's first occupants of the New Year are likely to be."

20 comments:

Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Wow, such the optismist, Captain.

Good luck with your party plans, and at least Geordi didn't try to get you all to book a disco group.

Vegeta said...

when entire planets are put in shock, this is the sign of a really good band, or a really bad one.

Ciera said...

hmm...don't let the EMH hear you turn down a holographic band...he might force the issue!

Trinity13 said...

Between the band and Wesley, you're gonna have a looooong night Capt!

Running2Ks said...

Oh I can't wait to see the party doings :)

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

This is just my recomendation, take it as you will, but I would stay away from Sid Starr. I think his best performing days are well behind him.

Nic said...

Ooooo, a New Year's eve party! I'm all a twitter to read about it! I will probably be staying home...again, just like I did the last 5 New Years Eves. It's no fun going out by yourself, plus I always took care of Em while Matt was off.

craziequeen said...

oh goody - another party!! :-D

what dress shall I instruct the computer to make me this time....?

Computer? Make me a dress that is AWESOME!
...and that matches my bitchin' crown!

cq

Jabafatboy said...

Hey Picard !! I heard of a group that would be right up your alley.

Name was DEVO I think.

Hehehehehehe

M. C. Pearson said...

I've been out of town for a bit...I must check out your log to see what I've missed. Sounds like New Year's Eve is going to be a BLAST!

Jen said...

Can't you get Riker to play trombone (or whatever that is) all night?

Oh, nevermind, I think the Dregs would actually end up being more entertaining...

dddragon said...

Can't you have Q bring your favorite band from wherever they're already booked?

Oh, or is that not fair?

damn, now I'm thinking like Q

Superhero Bob said...

Say, Jean-Luc...You do know that in some places, it's tradition to bring in the New Year with a kiss, don't you? I have this friend.............

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm very worried about this party, with the Dregs of Society playing there.

Lt Cmdr Oneida, I don't think Geordi's too keen on discos after than incident on the planet Travolta.

Ciera, the party will be shown from Sunday night English time.

Nic, I know what you mean about New Year's Eve.

CQ, that dress will look super!

M.C, sorry you've missed a fdews things. Just look back.

Jen, take a look on Sunday to see what actually happens.

Bob, we both know who that friend is, don't we!

Superhero Bob said...

whistles innocently and looks at ceiling

WendyWings said...

Just don't let Wesley get drunk again, it is hell to clean up afterwards.
Michele sent me today.

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, I can hardly wait for the next chapter....I've heard several bands that sounded like the dregs of the earth! Michele sent me! Happy New Years!

craziequeen said...

Jean-Luc - always the gentleman, dear chap :-)

I'm definitely going with Purple and Silver this year...

Perhaps you could drop a few colour co-ordinating hints to Data? :-) oh, and give that girl wossername an away mission on the night?

cq

J Anderson said...

By jail I take it you mean a Federation penal colony. Michele sent me.

Anonymous said...

豆豆聊天室 aio交友愛情館 2008真情寫真 2009真情寫真 aa片免費看 捷克論壇 微風論壇 大眾論壇 plus論壇 080視訊聊天室 情色視訊交友90739 美女交友-成人聊天室 色情小說 做愛成人圖片區 豆豆色情聊天室 080豆豆聊天室 小辣妹影音交友網 台中情人聊天室 桃園星願聊天室 高雄網友聊天室 新中台灣聊天室 中部網友聊天室 嘉義之光聊天室 基隆海岸聊天室 中壢網友聊天室 南台灣聊天室 南部聊坊聊天室 台南不夜城聊天室 南部網友聊天室 屏東網友聊天室 台南網友聊天室 屏東聊坊聊天室 雲林網友聊天室 大學生BBS聊天室 網路學院聊天室 屏東夜語聊天室 孤男寡女聊天室 一網情深聊天室 心靈饗宴聊天室 流星花園聊天室 食色男女色情聊天室 真愛宣言交友聊天室 情人皇朝聊天室 上班族成人聊天室 上班族f1影音視訊聊天室 哈雷視訊聊天室 080影音視訊聊天室 38不夜城聊天室 援交聊天室080 080哈啦聊天室 台北已婚聊天室 已婚廣場聊天室 夢幻家族聊天室 摸摸扣扣同學會聊天室 520情色聊天室 QQ成人交友聊天室 免費視訊網愛聊天室 愛情公寓免費聊天室 拉子性愛聊天室 柔情網友聊天室 哈啦影音交友網 哈啦影音視訊聊天室 櫻井莉亞三點全露寫真集 123上班族聊天室 尋夢園上班族聊天室 成人聊天室上班族 080上班族聊天室 6k聊天室 粉紅豆豆聊天室 080豆豆聊天網 新豆豆聊天室 080聊天室 免費音樂試聽 流行音樂試聽 免費aa片試看A片 免費a長片線上看 色情貼影片 免費a長片 本土成人貼圖站 大台灣情色網 台灣男人幫論壇 A圖網 嘟嘟成人電影網 火辣春夢貼圖網 情色貼圖俱樂部 台灣成人電影 絲襪美腿樂園 18美女貼圖區 柔情聊天網 707網愛聊天室聯盟 台北69色情貼圖區 38女孩情色網 台灣映像館 波波成人情色網站 美女成人貼圖區 無碼貼圖力量 色妹妹性愛貼圖區 日本女優貼圖網 日本美少女貼圖區 亞洲風暴情色貼圖網 哈啦聊天室 美少女自拍貼圖 辣妹成人情色網 台北女孩情色網 辣手貼圖情色網 AV無碼女優影片 男女情色寫真貼圖 a片天使俱樂部 萍水相逢遊戲區 平水相逢遊戲區 免費視訊交友90739 免費視訊聊天 辣妹視訊 - 影音聊天網 080視訊聊天室 日本美女肛交 美女工廠貼圖區 百分百貼圖區 亞洲成人電影情色網 台灣本土自拍貼圖網 麻辣貼圖情色網 好色客成人圖片貼圖區 711成人AV貼圖區 台灣美女貼圖區 筱萱成人論壇 咪咪情色貼圖區 momokoko同學會視訊 kk272視訊 情色文學小站 成人情色貼圖區 嘟嘟成人網 嘟嘟情人色網 - 貼圖區 免費色情a片下載 台灣情色論壇 成人影片分享 免費視訊聊天區 微風 成人 論壇 kiss文學區 taiwankiss文學區