Thursday, July 14, 2005

Mirror Universe (Part Three)

It's getting very dangerous here in the mirror universe.

I've had five attempts on my life in the last hour; fortunately, Worf has been able to help me with the assassins.

Now, however, he tells me the frequency is getting so bad that he wants a pay rise and double holidays, otherwise he will switch to Riker's side.

That's Klingon honour and loyalty for you.

Riker has taken the ship to the Palarus system; he says he has now been given instructions that the Captain already received to destroy the people of the fourth planet.

I send the Palarians a secret transmission telling them to be on the alert. I'm known for my ability to send these thing without anyone noticing.

Riker catches me right away just after I send the message.

"We can't surprise and destroy them now; you will be executed for your treason." His one eye bulges in anger.

Data comes up from behind and knocks him out.

"Why are you helping, Data?"

"Because you are NOT our Captain. We need him back, and I am loyal to him, not to Riker. Go out in the shuttlecraft on the reverse course and re-enter your universe. The Captains should switch round."

I get on the shuttlecraft and depart; it heads for the preset co-ordinates.

What a day it's been!

I enter the split in space....suddenly I'm in the brig!

"Help me! Why am I here?"

Riker comes in, thankfully without his scar and now with two eyes."

"Number One, I'm glad to see you at last. I've been in this mirror universe, but now I'm back. If you can release me, we can get..."

"You don't expect me to believe that, do you?" he says, "You'll stay in there until we can figure out how to get our Picard back."

"But I AM Picard!"

He walks out, and Beverly enters.

She gives me a smile and winks at me.

What was THAT all about?

17 comments:

Trinity13 said...

Take advantage of it(or should I say her) man!!!

Anonymous said...

i can honestly say i have absolutely no idea what that was all about!

dddragon said...

That Riker ~ What a dolt!

Might as well let Beverly console you.

Pirate Princess said...

Winks are good. Enjoy them. If she grabs your leg, then you might get a bit jumpy. :0)

xtessa said...

LOL! man... what has the Mirror Picard done with our Beverly?!!!

True Jersey Girl said...

I must admit, I am totally confused about who is the real Picard here. But I guess Beverly is liking the mirror one, eh?

Unknown said...

whoa ~ i need to rent some old star trek flicks to figure this all out. lol

cyouincourt007 said...

...you have been selected for assimilation...resistance is futile....
Star Trek TNG is awesome-o
1 million : )

Free to Be said...

Ya this Data could've figured it out too?

What will the Captain do next?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Trinity, I'm not sure I could..we are supposed to have a 'professional relationship' only.

Better Safe, I think you need to read the history of the Federation.

Dddragon, Number One's elevator doesn't always go to the top floor.

Jersey, rest assured that everybody is back where they should be.

Nina. that's a good idea.

Cyouincourt007, I've heard those phrases somewhere before.

Free, how should I know? Everything will revert to it's usual shambolic state.

Nic said...

Well, dear Captain, it works in longitute and latitude as well. Might as well try it out and see if it works. Never hurts to try! :) Glad things are back to "normal" where you are.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I know Data will have get this straightened out. He'll come in and say "Captain Picard, I have a posotronic brain and I have found that your signature phase is in sync with ours."

Anonymous said...

ummmmmm, well, ummmmm, actually, i've never watched star trek, ummmmmmm, yeah, so anyway, ummmmm, does this mean i shouldn't visit here anymore?

Kimberly said...

I'd go with the Beverly thing Captian. She needs to loosen up ;-)

J Anderson said...

Very entertaining

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Nic, I like everything as they are.

Jon, we all need a positronic brain sometimes.

Better Safe, it sounds like you need assimilating.

MommaK, it must be something to do with being a doctor.

Mr Anderson, always good to see a new face.

Kevin said...

You need to contact the Ferengi to see if you can purchase one of those things that mirror universe James Kirk used to use to make his foes disappear. That's assuming, of course, that mirror universe Ferengi are still on the latinum standard.

Here today from Michele's in Sector 001.