Thursday, July 28, 2005

Dixon Hill (Part Two)

Beverly is hurriedly treated my wound with a 20th century plaster when the two gangsters burst in.

They look at the four people with me.

The greasy one eyes Beverly and Deanna appreciatively.

"I like your taste in broads, Hill." he says, "The brunette has some great pins, and that redhead is sumpin' else."

Both Beverly and Deanna look disgustedly at him, as if he is something they accidentally trod in.

The big man looks at Data.

"Hey, Rico, look at that weird guy. Have you ever seen anything like him?"

"Nah, Kelly. Hill, you've got an odd taste in friends."

"I am a Frenchman." Data states simply, as if that will solve all our problems.

"Oh yeah?" says Rico, "Well I guess there will be one less Frenchman in the US after tonight" he adds with a dirty laugh.

Rico turrns to me, "Well, Hill, I guess it's time to plug you, your pals and your broads."

As he is about to shoot, Data rushes up between us and a bullet bounces off him, causing no damage. He then grabs the guns and crushes them. Rico and Kelly look astonished.

"I guess you French guys are pretty tough." says Rico.

We call the police. The Captain arrives to take them away.

"How come you can land yourself in jams all the time, Hill." he says, "If I were you, I'd choose another profession."

After he takes them away, the holodeck program ends and just the room remains.

"What a relief!" says Beverly, "You can come to SickBay and be treated."

"Then I've got a girdle to get off!" adds Deanna, falling off her high heels.

13 comments:

Free to Be said...

I knew everything would work out, it always does with CP in charge.

True Jersey Girl said...

Thank goodness it all worked out in the end!

Anonymous said...

ok, wait a minute, she's wearing a girdle?????????????

Trinity13 said...

Hey, I thought Wesley was supposed to save everyone???

xtessa said...

LOL! i bet she had to ask Riker for help with that girdle!!! ehehehhee!!!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

InterstellarLass said...
Whew! Data saves the day...is it weird to have a crush on a robot?

He is programmed in multiple techniques.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Free, I guess you're right.

InterstellarLass, perhaps you need to see our ship's Counsellor?

Better Safe, all women did in the 1940's.

Trinity, for once, he wasn't around...which was a relief.

Xtessa...how did you know that?

Jon, that's true. It's what Tasha Yar found out.

Heather said...

Very entertaining hologram, Picard.

Cin said...

Hi, Michele sent me - excellent writing. Will definitely come back.

Anonymous said...

we're in the 1940's, why did i think we were in the future?

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Everyone's talkin' like gangsters, eh? well that's just swell! I tell ya, those skirts got great gams all the way up to (wolf wistle).

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Cin, welcome abroad.

Better Safe, we ARE in the 24th Century. It's the holodeck that is programmed to be set in the 1940's.

Jon, I'm the big cheese here, see? Any muscling in on my territory and you're plugged full of lead, see?

Archibald said...

Thanks for your article, pretty useful piece of writing.
link