Wednesday, November 11, 2009

T'Pol & Britney's Undercover Mission (Part Two)



Guest Poster: Mirror T'Pol

The shuttlecraft starts slowing down as we head to the fourth planet on the Shaq System, named Verdan. My friend Britney and I get our outfits ready, as does the amazon Karena. She has her spear all ready.

Starfleet have captured Ishtar, leader off the all-female Virago mercenaries, who have being causing problems everywhere. As Ishtar looks like me, I will be posing as the leader, while Captain Picard interrogates the real woman. I don't think she'll break, as I've heard they are rather tough.

----------------




"Now listen, you two." warns Karena, "I don't want any shenanigans. This is a serious mission."

"Don't worry, blondie." replies Britney, "When we land, I'll be fully into mission mode, won't I sistah?"

"Yeah, Brit." I answer, "Don't worry, Karena, We are really responsible when we need to be."

"That's what I've heard." comments Karena, "Captain Picard always says you're responsible."

I try not to giggle too hard at that one.

-------------

The shuttlecraft touches down on Verdan. The three of us step out. We see two women approaching us. From the file I've been shown, they are Vada and Sala, Ishtar's lieutenants. These two are gonna be the trickiest to get past, like a customs official.



"Greeetings Ishtar." Sala says to me, then looks harshly at Britney and Karena, "Who are these women?"

"I have been most fortunate, Sala." I answer, "This is Britney, a skilled fighter, and the blonde woman is Karena, a rebel amazon. They will be a good addition to The Virago."

Vada steps forward.



"They do not look very trustworthy." remarks Vada, "You two need to be aware that if you betray us, you will be executed. Now, come, Ishtar. Let's go to the camp."

The five of us head into the forest towards the village. Brit, Karena and myself exchange worried looks. None of us fancy having our heads on the end of Vada's spear.

To be continued after the TWQ....

8 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

That's the problem with these undercover missions... someone is always brandishing a spear and making dark threats about the consequences of betrayal. But these Virago are sharp: They can tell just from looking at Britney that she's not trustworthy.

But why are they suspicious of Karena? She should fit right in.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Be sure that you don't get the point.

Get it?

Whatdya mean that was a dull joke?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Jon, the joke might be dull, but the pointed spear isn't.

Curmy, yes Karena would fit right in, but I think Vada is suspicious of anyone they did not know for years.

carmilevy said...

This makes me wonder: What exactly is a "shenanigan" anyway? It's one of those words I've been hearing for years, but I just realized I don't really understand precisely what it is. It's sort of like all those effusive Yiddish words :)

Time to research...

Popped by from Tanya's to with you a great weekend - and to thank you for keeping the great ST perspectives coming.

Linda said...

If there can't be any shenanigans how about a few hijinks? You can't possibly expect the girls to be totally responsible, can you?

Oh, and I'd be willing to bet that Karena's spear could take Vada's spear!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Well researched, Linda. For the benefit of Carmi, shenanagans are roughly equivilant to hijinks.

rashbre said...

Hi jinks is also a great word and can hide a multitude of things ; and thanks for your wishes over at rashbre central on FB.

Unknown said...

Undercover was never so complicated, Captain! :)