Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ro Laren's Secret Assignment (Part Three)



Guest Poster: Ro Laren

Things are going from bad to worse at Chez Silente!

Captain Picard assigned me to check on the Cardassian Ambassador Gul Vorak, who unknown to anyone, happens to be my boyfriend.

The two of us are at the restaurant trying to figure out what to do when the Captain and Beverly Crusher have arrived on a date. I have sneaked out and am watching them chat to Vorak, as they expect a contact to talk to him.

What do I do?

As I watch I see that Picard and Beverly are eying each other.



"Can't we go and have our meal, Jean-Luc?" whispers Beverly.

"Sure" he replies, "We can keep an eye on Vorak from our table."

This is my chance. I sneak into the kitchens and out into the alleyway. I'll have to gather my thoughts and figure how to solve everything.

The alleyway looks revolting. A real skid row place. There is a figure who spots me and approaches.

"Hey! Bajoran!" shouts the figure, who clearly has a female voice.



It's a Cardassian woman. Clearly, she doesn't like me.

"Want a fight, Bajoran?" she shouts, "Is that why you are here? I'll take you on anytime!"

Suddenly an idea comes to me that will solve all the problems. But I have to get her to co-operate. That isn't going to be easy. It's like talking to a snake.

"Who are you, Cardassian?" I ask.

"If it's any business of yours." she replies, "I'm Malana. What's it to you?"

"I'm Ro Laren." I tell her, "Would you like to have ten bars of latinum?"

"Who do I have to kill?" she answers with a laugh, "I hope it's you."

"Just go in the restaurant here, sit with the male Cardassian and tell him that you are sorry you are late for the date and imply you are a regular girlfriend."

"Are you for real, Bajoran?" Malana asks, "What's in it for you?"

"Never you mind." I reply, "Here are three bars; the other three will be here afterward."

She agrees and decides to go in. I return in the kitchen entrance, knock over a few waiters on the way, and watch behind the plant.

Malana enters, and sits with Vorak, going through the script. Picard seems content in knowing the Ambassador is only goes to see a Cardassian girlfriend, and not to do anything subversive.

After Picard and Beverly have gone, I approach Malana and tell her it's over.

"This will cost you, Bajoran." she says slyly, "I've figured it out what was going on. I'll keep quiet for now, but you may hear from me again."

----------------

The next morning, I present my report to the Captain.

He thanks me for it, but tells me that by chance he found out for himself.

"It seems the Ambassador just has a Cardassian girlfriend." he informs me, "He just likes a quiet evening out with her. We were suspicious for no reason, Ensign."

I've managed to hide my secret relationship from Cardassia, Bajor and the Federation. What about Melana? I suspect she will turn up like a bad credit sometime.

11 comments:

Linda said...

How very fortunate for Ro to have found a Cardassian in the alleyway! She definitely lucked out on this one!

Ellee Seymour said...

I love Beverley's hat, and secret liasions too, how intriguing!

SHI said...

(quote: "Would you like to have ten bars of latinum?"..... "Here are three bars; the other three will be here afterward.")

Ro don't worry she can't count..

You offered her 10 bars of Latinum and only gave her 3 prepaid before and three after


that is 6 bars not 10 ;)

SHI said...

so you outsmarted her already...

TX said...

terminate her now
worry later

Tawnya Shields said...

Everyone has a price. I hope that Melana Doesn't ask for hush money in the future.

The Real Mother Hen said...

This is a clever one, but may cost her in the future though :(

The Curmudgeon said...

Obviously Benjamin Franklin's dictum (two people can keep a secret... as long as one of them is dead) has been lost between here and the 24th Century. Ro would be well advised to revive it, however.

(Especially since it does seem as though she shortchanged the Cardassian woman.)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Shi, Curmudgeon, woops, sorry about that. I thought I had written six bars of latinum. It is indeed fortunate that Malana can't count.

Titania, I think Malana may use blackmail at some future time.

Sky, you have an easier answer!

Chrissea said...

I think it's better to leave it at 10 bars and keep them wondering....

Here from Michele's - Hello there!

Gordon said...

I'll happily take her out for 4 bars, I know call me a cheap assassin..
I can make it quick too.