Saturday, October 15, 2011

TWQ: Really Hard Questions

This week, TWQ (the Weekend Question) asks a series of really hard quiz questions. Don't try to look them up, but see how many you get right. I'll publish the answers in two or three days..

How many can YOU answer?

1: In Jules Verne's "from Earth to the Moon" 3 men are blasted to the moon by cannon. Their speed of departure has proven to be the earth's escape velocity. What is it?   7 miles a second

2: Why was the novel 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury so named? The temperature at which book paper burns.

3: What is the number of Fox Mulder's apartment in The X Files42

4: Will Smith played the part of Steven Hiller in the film 'Independence Day'. What was his codename? Eagle

5: What was Mickey Mouse's original name?  Mortimer Mouse

6: Acid rain is composed mainly of the oxides of two elements. Give either. suphere or nitrogen

7: What name is given to the negative electrode of an electrolytic cell? Cathode

8: In mythology what was Minerva the Goddess of?  Wisdom

9: Who invented the lift/elevator in 1853? Elisha Otis

10:Which country produces 70% of the world's olive oil?  Greece


Good Luck!

7 comments:

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi !!

I actually know a few of these (I think !!)

1. ??
2. ??
3. Apartment no. 42
4. Eagle
5. Mortimer Mouse
6. ??
7. ??
8. Goddess of Wisdom
9. ??
10. Spain

Thanks for making me think !!

Connie

custome writing essays said...

NO IDEA AT THIS TIME. MAYBE LATTER, SORRY ME (((

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Well done Connie. Your only incorrect answer was the last one, as it should be Greece.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thanks, but are you sure about Greece ... I checked (googled) all all sources say Spain, Italy, Greece (in that order) !! I hadn't cheated when I wrote the answer, just remembered something I'd seen on a cooking show !!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Connie, I loked on a quiz list and it said the answer was Greece. Maybe the quiz list compiler was wrong?

EliteWritings said...

I answered 8 of 10! Nice questions to take them to some quizz ;)

EliteWritings said...

I answered 8 of 10! Nice questions to take them to some quizz ;)