Saturday, February 26, 2011

TWQ:: Books On A Whim

This week, TWQ (the Weekend Question) asks about books that you purchased on a whim.

Which books did you buy just on a whim, perhaps with an eye-catching cover, or the blurb seemed impossible to resist? Did they turn out to be really good?  List as many as you wish.

My answers are: 

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. A beautiful cover. This turned out to be the best historical fiction I've read.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. A very original cover, with the blurb saying Death was the narrator. A wonderful story.

The Voyage Of The Jerle Shananna by Terry Brooks. The artistic cover was eye-catching, and the blurb invited me in. Excellenmt fantasy

Now it's over to you...

4 comments:

Fly Girl said...

I'm constantly buying books and music on a whim. Most turn out to be good. Recent finds are Sin in The Second City and Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger.

... Paige said...

The memory keepers daughter. Loved the cover! tried I mean I really tried to get into the book, but just couldn't do it...some time later I caught the tail end of the movie on TV. I donated the book, I'm sure some one will like it, I just wasn't that someone

P M Prescott said...

Inteview with a Vampire. Wound up reading a dozen or so Anne Rice books.

The Ninja. Again started me reading lots of Eric Van Lustbader's books.

Shogun. Went crazy on James Clavell

The Glass Teat. Harlan Ellison is my favorite author.

Tunnel in the Sky. Library book I checked out in 9th grade. Started me reading all of Heinlein, Asimov, Anne McCafery

I read alot.

Daniel said...

No doubt, the writer is completely right.
California contractors license | Miami beach weather | hot heels