Monday, February 14, 2011

Deanna Troi Brainwashed (Part One)



Guest Poster: Deanna Troi

The trip back from the Counselor's Conference is a long one by shuttlecraft, especially when all I have to entertain me is the computer. It doesn't serve much purpose and offers some pretty useless suggestions. It's like being trapped in a shop with muzak constanly playing, except on this occasion, I can't walk out of the shop.

Not that the conference itself was much of a laugh. When one goes to those,  I get the impression that every delegate is analysing the other. I must have been given fifteen pieces of advice about what to do! giggle!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

What's that the computer is hollering? I was just about to go into a peaceful slumber. It's telling me there is another shuttle on the sensors, one human lifesign, who is not responding to routrine hails sent by the computer.

Suddenly, there is a flash of light in my shuttle and a woman appears.



"Katherine Pulaski!" I gasp, "I thought you were in a Federation Penal Colony?"

"So I was, Deanna." Kate replies, "But you'll be surprised how easily it is to bribe the guards into releasing me and not saying anything about it."

"What do you want?" I ask, putting on my aggressive voice, "I'll be turning you in as soon as I can."

"No you won't." the former doctor answers firmly, "When you'll be working for me, you won't want to say a word."

I laugh. "Doing what you say? Not likely!"

"Don't be too sure, Deanna." Kate answers, and produces a small machine, "I purchased this off the Ferengi at some cost. It works just once. I can put it on your head and manipulate your mind into doing just what I want."

I sense big trouble her, and rush forward, but Kate stuns me with a plaser. I feel myself tumbling to the floor.

----------------

"How are you, Deanna?" Kate asks, as I wake up.

I gather my thoughts.



"Better than I've ever felt in my life., Kate." I tell her, "Those tiresome Federation rules are out of my head at last. I'm refreshed and feeling great."

"That's good to know, Deanna," Kate tells me, "For a little while, though you'll have to pretend you're that person you used to be until you gain access to the Bridge in your role as Commander, and program the Enterprise on the course we agreed on."

"Are they gonna get a surprise!" I laugh out loud.

"They sure are." replies Kate, "Good luck, Deanna. I'm beaming back to my shuttle and heading away. I'll be monitoring how things go."

With that, Katherine beams off.

Now for some fun on the Enterprise!

To be continued...

3 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

I know Picard will be miffed if Deanna takes his ship. But maybe she can recruit allies. Will Riker be allowed doughnuts in the new regime?

Unknown said...

Brainwashing? I never tthought that would happen on board. A first! you've left us at the edge of our chairs Captain!!

Giles said...

Goodness, there is so much useful information above!
this site