Monday, May 03, 2010

The Borg Queen's Romance (Part One)

Bev and I are taking a much-needed break on the planet Solarian, noted for it's beautiful sun, beaches and clear tides.

As Bev relaxes in her bikini, letting the warm sun tan her, I decide to go for an ice cream. The wagon has just pulled up.

"Don't worry, Jean-Luc." Bev comments, "I just want to relax here. Enjoy your ice cream."

I run over to get one before anyone notices. The taste of a lime flavoured one is always something to look forward to.

A few momends later, I am one my way back to Bev, savouring the delights of the ice cream, when another voice pipes up.

"Well, Locutus." it comments, "You never asked if I wanted an cream."

I see it's the Borg Queen. She had been wearing her bikini, and was in the process of putting her black uniform back on.



"Err...greetings again." I say to her, "I was unaware that you were here."

"Even Borg Queens have ro have vacations." she says as she finishes putting on her uniform, despite my feeling unconfortable in watching, "I have had a drone standing in as deputy on my Cube while I take a week off. I'm glad to see you here, Jean-Luc. Please remember to call me Queenie when there is no one else around."

"Err, yes, Queenie, I'll remember that." I say, "I do have Beverly Crusher here with me, though. She's just over there, sleeping on the beach, getting a good tan."

The Borg Queen's face looks disappointed at this news.

"The redhead is here? That's too bad." she says, as she reaches up to me.



Queenie kisses me softly on the lips. "I was hoping we could renew our romance."

I get very puzzled at this statement.

"What do you mean, Queenie?" I ask urgently, looking over to check to see if Bev is still sleeping, "We never had a romance."

"Oh." she says, "It looks like the time when you were assimilated has been erased from your mind, Jean-Luc. I'll tell you what happened if you like?"

"All right." I say, quietly, but I need to tell Bev I'll be away for a short time. I can't let her find out about this."

"Bev." I say to her, "I'm just going for a walk along the beach for half an hour."

"Sure." she replies, "I'll see you then.

With that, I walk off with Queenie, eager to hear what happened.

.....................

To be continued....

4 comments:

Linda said...

You're sure you want to hear this? Perhaps some things that have happened when one has been assimilated are better left forgotten!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Uh oh!

The Curmudgeon said...

What happens in Vegas -- er, the Borg Cube -- STAYS in, er, the Borg Cube. Or should.

Bev was in charge of your initial recuperation from your time as Locutus. Do you suppose she found -- and erased -- these memories that Queenie is now about to share with you? Is Queenie a reliable source?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

An interesting thought, Curmy!