Saturday, December 04, 2010

TWQ: Workplace Oddities

This week, TWQ (the Weekend Question) asks about anyt uunusual things that have happened in the place where you work, or used to work that stood out from the regular tedium.

Can you name any unusual incidents that took place in your workplace, or if you you are retired, where you used to work?

My answers are:

Only last week, a man in my office, who had been drinking, went berserk, damaged his monitor and computer, had to be restrained until security came. He was promptly fired and the police came, who arrested him for damage.

I used to know an anti-nuclear missile girl who would hide under her desk every so often. Maybe she thought it would protect bher when the Bomb dropped?

On one of my birthdays, my parents arranged with the boss for a girl in skimpy outfit and stockings to come and sing 'Happy Birthday.'

Now it's over to you.....

7 comments:

Linda said...

Good Lord, Man, I work in a 911 dispatch center - oddities are all part and parcel of the job!

To be honest, though, I'm quite shocked no one has gone berserk yet and had to be removed considering the amount of stress we're usually under!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i once walked into my bosses office and his secretary was sitting on his lap!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Fly Girl said...

That's a real tough one considering I teach at a college and interview artists. Teens and performers are always crazy. I guest the most memorable was Wyclef high throughout the interview and crazily rambling off topic.

P M Prescott said...

Lets see:
1. A basketball coach was arrested for running a bookmaking operation using his PE students as runners.
2. A superintendent was killed in a car crash while getting a blow job from his gay lover.
3. A principal was arrested for stealing trees from a local nursery. The quote in the paper from him was, "I did wrong, but my heart was in the right place." Two years later he was head principal at a high school where I taught.
4. Last day of school, a teacher went to a happy hour with fellow teachers. He had a heart attack at died.
I could go on...

Susan said...

Seeing as I work from home and it's just me, the only oddity is ME!

But I'm a nice oddity.....

Gordon said...

Hmm my work is quiet but we do have customers that do rather push it just a little.

Unknown said...

A woman collapsed unconscious. I had just walked around the corner and heard a colleague yell for a doctor in the house! Immediately I called the Ambulance as the woman received CPR. They did revive her. She used her cell phone to confer with her husband about whether or not she should be taken to the ER. The paramedics held their tongue. I could see they were not amused at having to wait. This woman is lucky to be alive! She agreed to be taken to the ER afterall.