Wednesday, December 22, 2010

At Santa's Workshop

"I don't know whether this was a very good idea." I say to Bev as we trawl through the snow.

"Sure it is, Jean-Luc" she replies, "This'll be heaps of fun, "We set a holodeck program where we could go to Lapland and meet Santa Claus at his workshop. Isn't that what you always wanted to do?"

"Well, actually no." I comment.

"Oh don't be a spoilsport!" she says, "Look, there is Santa's house in the distance."

We see a little cottage in the distance, , with smoke coming out of the chimney. The snow is coming down heavily. Eventually, we reach the door, and knock.

"Come on in!" says a voice.



"I'm Santa Claus." he tells us, "You must be the two new elves I advertised for in the Lapland Chronicle. I had to fire the last two because their productivity rate on toymaking wasn't up to standard for the job"

"There must be some mistake, Mr Claus." Bev answers, "We only came to visit. and.."

"I might have known it!" Santa says disgustedly, "Another pair of idlers who want to quit rather than work with their hands."

I get annoyed at this. "Not at all." I tell him, "We'll do any job."



"Are you crazy?" Bev whispers, "He is a dictator."

"It's just a bit of fun, Beverly, "Let's go along with it for now."

We go downstairs to the workshop, where some elves are working tirelessly. We are shown two spaces and told to start making toys as fast as possible or we'll be out on our ears.



"You've picked the wronmg place to come for a job, mate." says a tiny voice sitting next to me, "That Santa ignores the Elf Work Practices Charter. He'll have you working morning, noon and night to nget these toys out"

"I see what you mean." I reply, and then see a shapely woman monitoring everybody.



"Who is she?"  I ask.

"You want to stay clear of her." the small elf answers, "That's Selina, Santa's favourite elf."

"I wonder why?" Bev comments drily.

"Yeah, she knows what Santa likes, "Any wrongdoing, and Selina reports to Santa and he chucks us into the snow."

"Jean-Luc." Bev whispers, "I think this holodeck program needs some adjusting."

"I agree, Beverly, "Computer, change to Picard Program  01Christmas."

The scene changes. Bev and I are in a warm log cabin, miles from anywhere. Snow is outside, with a roaing log fire in the centre, a Christmas tree up, with lots of gifts to open. There is also a bottle of champagne with two glasses on the table.

"Ah, Jean-Luc." says Beverly with a smile, "This is MUCH better than my idea."

We pour the drink and toast each other.

"Happy Christmas, Bev"

"Happy Christmas, Jean-Luc"

------------------------------

Editor's Note:


I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas. Peace and goodwill to all.

16 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

The Elf Work Practices Charter?

I would have liked to sneak a peek at that. Of course, I would have liked to sneak another peek at Santa's favorit elf. I'll bet Mrs. Santa thinks Selina's just a ho ho ho.

Who knew Mrs. Santa was so hip and urban?

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Linda said...

Good thing that you had a back-up plan, Captain, or next thing you might have been out pulling the sleigh!

Unknown said...

First The Strolling Drones, and now Selina! This is a crazy Christmas Party, Captain. But all in good fun!

Michael

Fly Girl said...

Santa a dictator? For shame! Happy holidays to you too!

Ellee Seymour said...

Very best wishes for Christmas to Captain Picard, and his friends and foes!!

Gordon said...

Merry Christmas Jean Luc

P M Prescott said...

Now that's the kind of Vulcan I appreciate!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Amanda said...

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks to all the above. Happy Christmas, everyone!

SpacerGuy said...

So the brave captain snuffs out Santa just before Christmas! LOL. Jean Luc I'm surprised at you. Merry Christmas!!!

eastcoastlife said...

Merry Christmas Captain Picard!

positive affirmation said...

NIce one..

I listen with love to my body's messages
My body is always working toward optimum health. My body wants to be Whole and Healthy, I cooperate and become healthy, whole and complete.

Ciera said...

I must facebook too much...I was looking for a "like" button to clicj!!lol!!

Amanda said...

Happy New Year!

zingtrial said...

New Year is a great time for celebration with your near ones. Today is the last day of 2010 and it’s the time to say goodbye to the past year and welcome the coming year.wish u & your family happy & prosperous new year 2011

Unknown said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year, Captain! :)