Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Enterprise Christmas Party (Part Four)



Guest Poster: Deanna Troi

I watch the Borg Queen sulk off to the bar to drink a couple of Gargleblasters after Beverly was revived and took possession of the Captain again on the dancefloor. For a moment, I thought there was a real catfight, but both women have a dignity that says in their body language "Next time it won't be easy."



"I'm glad we got out of that." Will says quietly, "There could have been a lot of trouble. I'm gonna grab a donut and champagne from the buffet. Do you want a donut?"

I politely decline, and make my way to the bar, but well clear of Queenie, who is now chatting to Seven Of Nine.

Annette hands me a chocolate flavoured Thirstquencher, and I sit down on the bar stool, watching the crew enjoy themselves.

A few familiar faces from the 21st century hasve reappeared. Nic, Linda, Michael, Susan and a few others. Worf is making them all sign a non-disclosure document, which ensures they will not interfere with the Temporal Prime Directive when they return home. As soon as they sign they head for the bar and the dancefloor to enjoy the night.

"Hi, baby." sayts a soft feminine voice.



"Err...hello." I say hesitantly to the red-blonde girl in front of me.

"I'm Daisy" she says, "Wanna buy me a drink?"

Amazed at her bravado, I do so, telling her that I'm Deanna.

"Did I see you talking with Queenie a few hours ago?"

"Yeah." she answers, while drinking her Earthmover, "She didn't wanna do it."

"Do what, Daisy?"

"Go outside and neck." she casually answers, "You look like you might want to. Shall we? Let me just finish my drink first."



"Err...Daisy, I'm not like that." I carefully answer, "Thanks, though."

"Too bad, Deanna." Daisy smiles, "You're a hot babe. If you ever change your mind, I'll be here at The Pink Klingon"

I walk away from my admirer, who winks at me as I go. I must admit, I was a little flattered. giggle!

At the dancefloor, Captain Picard is doing his speech. It's the one thing not to look forward to at the Christmas Party! giggle!

"Fellow crew members and guests." the Captain starts, with Bev looking at him adoringly by his side., "This is the time of year when we remember what Christmas is all about, we remember those less fortunate than ourselves, and we remember our friends in Starfleet and beyond. This vast galaxy......"

The Captain goes on for another 20 minutes, and when it ends, we all cheer because it has stopped.

"Happy Christmas, everybody!!!!" the Captain calls out.

And so say we all.

8 comments:

Gordon said...

Oh I miss the speech, gee dang I only ordered a Dr Pepper at the bar I guess they maybe got it mixed up with something else. Oh my head...
Great party Captain, nice save by your honey ;) I think I'll slip back to the 21st Century and go drink some real Dr Pepper and maybe a some paracetamol to rid me of this head.

Fly Girl said...

Wow! There's losts of action at the Pink Kingon!

The Curmudgeon said...

I wonder what Queenie was talking to Seven about. Bev had better avoid being on the turbolift alone with Seven for a while, don't you think?

Linda said...

I rather doubt Queenie is going to be forgetting anything anytime soon - Bev might want to watch her back for awhile unless she can find out what Queenie was talking to Seven of Nine about!

Jaime said...

Captain.... it has been ages since I've been here! I've been stuck in the Delta Quadrant (yes, that sounds good).

Do you have a presence on Facebook?

Merry Christmas!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Jaime, Ensign Britney, Mirror T'Pol, Jennifer Baxter and Deanna Troi are some of my other selves on FB apart from the real me.

Unknown said...

Beam me up immediately. These women are a blast! :D)

Rudolf said...

It can't actually work, I believe so.
vegas travel deals | Home Based Travel Business | area rugs nyc