Saturday, December 11, 2010

TWQ: Adverts You Turn Down

Adverts are annoying at the best of times, but TWQ (the Weekend Question) asks about those really excruciating ones.

Which TV advertisements are so bad you have to turn the sound right down or puter it on 'mute' to avoid listening to it? List as many as you wish.

My answers are:

* The Go Compare adverts. Voted the most irritating adverts in Britain, where a big fat man sings Go Compare! in various situations.

* The BOGOF adverts where a crazy guy screams at the top of his voice 'Buy On, Get One Free'.

* A double glazing advert where a washed up former soap star shouts the virtues of this product.

All of the above are extra loud adverts, which make them more annoying.

Now it's over to you....

8 comments:

Linda said...

Nationwide Insurance has a new campaign with the most annoying spokesman right now that make me cringe every time one of them comes on.

And, of course, this time of year all of the jewelry and "put a new car in your driveway for the holidays" commercials drive me nuts!

Oh, and anything with that creepy Burger King king - those give me nightmares!

Susan said...

Iceland

..... need I say more?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

every kiss begins with kay (jewelers)

progressive insurance, that girl is on my last nerve

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Krishna said...

I'm definitely a fan of star trek.. great post!

... Paige said...

we have one about a sandwich shop's sub, crazy a$$ed cats speaking/singing in absurd voices/language(?)

I refuse to buy from them because of the irritating commercial

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Interesting what annoys my friends in the US. I agree with Paige. Bad adverts put me off the products and I refuse to buy them.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

The Honda ads with that Vampire Weekend song...that is also used in the Hilfiger Thanksgiving ads...My ears..

Any and all jewelery store ads...

Comcast ads...

P M Prescott said...

I keep the remote in hand and the minute a commercial comes along I fast forward. I use the DVR to record most shows so we don't have to endure ads, especially political ads during election season. If I have to watch it live then it's the pause button, go get a sandwich or something and fast forward to the game or show. Aren't DVR's wonderful.