Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Body Swap (Part Two)



Guest Poster: Deanna Troi......in the body of Jean-Luc Picard



To say I'm not myself today is quite an understatement!

After the Captain and I went to visit an ancient machine on Arkos IV, a beam shot out and swapped our miinds into each others bodies. We were told by the machine not to talk about it to anyone but each other, or the effect would be permanant. Eventually it will wear off if we keep quiet.

------------

The two of us walk back to the beam-up point. I start to sniffle.

"Look, Deanna." says the Captain in my usual voice, "Well just have to try and get round this. Don't let anyone be aware of the situation. You have Commander status, so you should be able to handle the ship. If you come across any problems, just say you need to see the Counselor. Remember not to cry and sniffle. It won't look good."

I put the tissue away.

"What about Will Riker and Bev?" I ask.

The Captain, who had been learning to walk in high heels after falling over several times, stops.

"We could have some difficulty there." he tells me, "We'll have to avoid them as much as possible."

-------------

As we beam up on board, Riker tells us that some hostile aliens are approaching, and that we need to defend Arkos IV. As we head towards the Bridge, a face appears.



"Welcome back, Jean-Luc." Bev says to me with a smile, and gives me a long lingering kiss. As she pins me against the wall, I can't escape.

"That's a different sort of kiss than your usual." she tells me, then whispers, "But I'll look forward to more on our date tonight."

Bev wals off in a different direction and I catch up with the Captain.

"Bev just kissed me and reminded me that I have a date with her tonight." I tell him.

"You think you had it bad?" the Captain replies, his face reddening through the make-up on his face, "Riker just squeezed my bottom and said he and I had a date as well! I hope this effect wears off soon!"

------

We all get on the Bridge, and I sit in the Captain's Chair, with Jean-Luc sitting to my left, feeling very uncomfortable in my dress.



"What's the situation errr...Number One?" I say to Will.

"Three Harkannon ships are heading this way, with enough firepower to destroy the Enterprise and the planet, Captain. We need good tactics here."

I look to see that Worf is awaiting my instructions. My mind goes blank, as it does when I'm not sure what dress to buy in a mall.

I look at the Captain to my left, who quietly whispers an attack sequence in my ear.

"Errr..attack Omega Delta VI." I command. At that, Worf sends the ship towards them, and all ships are destroyed, with no harm to our ship.

"That was brilliant, Captain." Riker says, "I wouldn't have thought of that manouvre."

A trickier manouvre will be getting out of our dates with Beverly and Will!

To be continued...

--------------------

Editors Note:




Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....

The Queen's Meme #4:

Welcome to WBLOG TV

The place where unbloggable news happens and sources are never a secret. You are the creator, producer, writer and news anchor of the WBLOG nightly news. It is your job to deliver the news in your own style from your own blog.

And oh, you get to make up the news! Here's your assignment:


1. The Weather Channel: Give me your personality forecast. Are you sunny, wet, windy, or cloudy? Why?

Bright often, but has cloudy moments. Doesn't like a lot of drips. When hard work is mentions, I run away like lightning.

2. The News Channel: What is the breaking news story of the day in your world?

BREAKING NEWS TO THE NATION: The council have come and repaired our road!!!

3. The Economic Channel: How are things on the economic front? And more importantly, do you have ideas to save the planet from financial ruin?

Time to start digging in the sofa for more coins! We definately need to hold an Economic Summit, preferably in Barbados.

4. The Entertainment Channel: Give us the latest blog celebrity gossip. Dish it!

Well, dont tell anyone, but ------------ is having a secret relationship with with ---------- when she goes and makes a film!

5. The Sports Channel: Make up a sport, give your team a name and choose five players from the list of names on the Mr. Linky list. What are the rules of the game?

The team are Linky's Layabouts. The sport is called Computer Couch Potatoes. They have to play against another team to see how long they can blog without falling asleep on the keyboard. My team are: Mimi Lenox, Twisted Sister, Psychic Mama, Angelia and Bud Weiser

6. The Comedy Channel: How will you make us laugh today? Tell us a blunny (that's blog + funny for all you non-blog speakers)

Queen Mimi says "Is it cruel in baseball to say they have hit a homer?


7. The Religious Channel: Make up a blog religion. Tell us why your blog church will save our souls.

The Church of Spray (let us spray): Our motto: If you think you've sinned, you should see our Minister!

8. (but who's counting?) The Soap Opera Channel: What is the name of your soap opera?

Hard Cash: It's all about some crooked bankers...very true to life!

11 comments:

Belle Epoque said...

Adding some sizzle to a routine day on the Enterprise, are we Captain...?

May I suggest some Ferengi love songs and Romulan spirits to compliment your soiree?

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

Captain, My Captain! Thou hast stolen my heart quite away! I beseech ye, be gentle!

j said...

#4... well isn't that the truth!

Fly Girl said...

OOH body swap! It's getting hot on that ship!

Mimi Lenox said...

Hit Homer? Say it ain't so
Queen is going to faint...

Jaime said...

Should be interesting!!

Ciera said...

oh my - what problems they're having! Can't wait for the next part!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Body swapping can be awkward. Am I Deanna or Jean-Luc? Errr...

Amanda said...

This is a strange one with the effect wearing off only if you don't tell anyone about it.

Good luck to the Captain and Deanna tonight ;)

Linda said...

I'm going to guess it's harder for Deanna not to talk about it then it is the Captain. Just make sure she knows there's no crying at the helm!

Unknown said...

Number 1 would help as a dating weather vane of sorts! :D)