Monday, December 28, 2009

Recovering From Christmas

It's not easy having Christmas Day  on the Enterprise.

Sure, it's fun unwrapping the pressies. The ship is virtually silent while the crew unwrap the gifts from their loved ones, but we still have to keep an eye open for any hostile forces. It's not like any aliens are going to turn round and say they will invade tomorrow instead when they learn it is Christmas Day.

Bev and I exchanged presents. I must admit that my favourite was the negligee that she bought for herself. We both enjoyed that, but err....I think that's all I need to say about that!

When the time was automatically announced that Christmas Day was over, Bev and I came our of where we lived. Everyone seemed a lot more happier, if not very tired.. Even Data had a big smile, as he held hands with Jenny. I think Data must have his emotion chip on.



"Uh...hi Captain." says Jenny.

"Good morning Ensign." I say, "Have you not slept well?"

Jennifer Baxter looks somewhat embarassed, as if sleep is the last thing she and Data have been doing.

I must admit that Bev and I are somewhat tired as well. I may have to forego my usual drink of Earl Grey tea and settle for black coffee instead.

On the way to the Bridge, we meet Riker and Deanna, then Worf and Jadzia, who all seem like they are competing for an awake endurance marathon. Even Britney and T'Pol come out of their quarters propping each other up.

Eventually I get to the Bridge and sit in the welcoming arms of the Command Chair.



"Urrr....Where are we, Mr Data?"

"At position 3.27 in thr Epsilom Sector heading towards Starbase16." he promptly replies. I wish he would fall asleep sometimes. Maybe I'll just switch him off and let the others think that.

Christmas Day is one of the best days of the year, but the after effects can be devastating on the body. One of these times we'll come out of our Quarters and find ourselves enslaved and the Enterprise being sold for scrap because some aliens boarded.

Well it won't be this year!

10 comments:

Fly Girl said...

I totally agree with the Captain, Christmas wear you out! Although I'd never swap my tea for coffee, no matter how tired I was. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Linda said...

Sounds like everyone had a very nice - though strangely tiring - Christmas onboard the Enterprise! Best wishes as you cruise into the New Year and new adventures!

... Paige said...

wonderful to see that y'all survived...

happy end of old year and cheers for a good new one

The Curmudgeon said...

Well, a belated Happy Christmas to you, Jean-Luc.

I am curious, though. In the States we say "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

In Britain, it's "Happy Christmas."

So how come it's not "Merry New Year?"

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks for your good wishes.

Curmy, I think some say 'Happy' and some say 'Merry'

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Jean-Luc Picard: One of Dudley Moore's memorable lines from "10":

"Oh, Jenny. 'Oh, wow?' However in this case, I take exception. :D)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Curmudgeon said...

I'm guessing some sort of word verification for comments will shortly be in order.

Anonymous said...

I thank you very much, webmaster, for this great blog. I really appreciate your posts.